Andy Webster cannot be recalled!

Muff

He's on a season long loan, and FIFA state that players on a year loan, cannot be recalled.

The world's governing body for football has ruled that one-year loan deals cannot be terminated.

"If it's a season-long loan, it cannot be terminated in order to bring players back,"

In July 2009 - eight years since his first link to the Club - he signed a year long loan deal with United.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=124&ID=348

This put's an end to the we can recall Andy Webster in January posts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on another thread, if there is no way to recall him then it was short sighted to loan him in the first place for a full year. We knew at the start of the season that Weir is an old man, McCulloch is a midfielder, Broadfoot was injured and Bougie would be playing nations cup and yet we sent Webster away for a full season regardless. Lunacy in my opinion.

As I said on another thread, if there is no way to recall him then it was short sighted to loan him in the first place for a full year. We knew at the start of the season that Weir is an old man, McCulloch is a midfielder, Broadfoot was injured and Bougie would be playing nations cup and yet we sent Webster away for a full season regardless. Lunacy in my opinion.

I think it was a good move to loan him out to be honest, it was the only hope we may have of possibly one day seeing him return to us as a regular player. He's getting regular playing time now that he would never have got at Rangers this season and it looks to be doing him good. We should of however brought a new defender in on loan instead of bringing in a new winger.

I think it was a good move to loan him out to be honest, it was the only hope we may have of possibly one day seeing him return to us as a regular player. He's getting regular playing time now that he would never have got at Rangers this season and it looks to be doing him good. We should of however brought a new defender in on loan instead of bringing in a new winger.

I agree that he needed a loan spell to regain fitness but how about a 3 month loan to a smaller club in the SPL or a 1st Div club. That was he gets maybe 12 games where he plays 90 mins and if we dont need him back extend for another 3 months. I take issue with the length and terms of the loan since we have no reliable cover for our CBs

Good he's balls anyway.

He's better than Lee McCulloch.

Anyway, he won't be able to play against us in a few weeks time, and Lee Wilkie is struggling with injury, along with the lad Dixon being out. Possibly a defensive crisis for Dundee United - let's hope so :)

I've always thought he was poor and just pure injury prone but with our non stop worries at the back it would be great to re call him back. But as Muff said hes on season long loan... why would Rangers be so stupid not to have a come back clause doh:anguish:

Loaning him out was a fucking stupid mistake. Too many fucking ejits running Rangers right now.

I've always thought he was poor and just pure injury prone but with our non stop worries at the back it would be great to re call him back. But as Muff said hes on season long loan... why would Rangers be so stupid not to have a come back clause doh:anguish:

Read the opening post doh

Read the opening post doh

Yeah I did read it I just thought Rangers had done a 6month contract till January with the option to call back. Then if we didn't need him then he'd be loan back out for other 6months of the season...

Not sure why we think Madjid is worth 7-8? Came from Charlton.. had a good year in the SPL... so?

Maybe 5... IF we're lucky.. but he's no Carlos, or Hutton for that matter. Don't get me wrong, love the big man... just trying to be realistic.

He's on a season long loan, and FIFA state that players on a year loan, cannot be recalled.

The world's governing body for football has ruled that one-year loan deals cannot be terminated.

"If it's a season-long loan, it cannot be terminated in order to bring players back,"

Where's did you get this quote from Muff??

Sure they were only asking 1.5 million ?

They were but even Peterbrough baulked at that price.

He'll be free to sign a pre contract agreement in January and, if you believe rumours, we were very interested in him.

I wouldn't be suprised if we have told him to stick it out at Millwall until we can come and get him in the Summer.

• 1 month later...
No, he can’t come back in January. We were hoping for him to get a full season under his belt [at Tannadice] as he really needs it. He’s played 12 games for United and he needed that as he had only played about four in his previous three seasons. But he will come back to us in the summertime

Walter Smith. This put's the end to the threads, and comments about recalling him.

sure i read a statement fae webster saying he could return in the new year if needed, gonna have to search for it, all in all no one knows what the deal is with his loan, walter says wanted to give him 12 month, where is that quote from?