Official Haye v Valuev Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Haye isn't just a good boxer, he's good looking.

And you wonder why people on this forum think you're gay... :pipe:

:lol:

I don't wonder!

But it's true, he is an ex model.

For the people saying that Valuev was "robbed"...

I would just love to know why, except the "he ran away away all night" bullshit.

As many sensible folk have said, Haye fought tactically. His tactics pretty much won him the fight.

You can't say he didn't deserve it JUST because Valuev was looking to be on the front foot...

"..aye well Utd deserved that win there, we wuz robbed" no, likely by a solid defence. Such as Haye's was tonight.

And even then, Haye landed the most telling punches and never once looked in trouble.

Haye landed the combos, Valuev was predictable and landed the odd jab, no combos.

Valuev's success rate must be shocking!

So, Haye landed with more, they were the most telling, he was the only one that came close to knocking his opponent out, he fought brilliantly well tactically...

But hey, Valuev should have had it cause' he was getting torn in!

(Which really he wasn't, as i said, the ODD jab..)

Welll done Mr.Haye, great performance :clap:

On a side note; Jim Watt is a fud.

Watched him bumming Valuev all week in the countdown and even tonight on the PPV he kept bleating on about Valuev's quality and never appreciated Haye's clever fighting. He even had Valuev to win on his scorecard, something which seemingly barely any other commentators had (bar the yanks supposedly, 5live and the germans had it Haye, and most on here..)

Jim Watt = :anguish:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/nov/0...-world-champion

Great article.

This extract summed it up perfectly for me:

"It was hard to see where Valuev was getting his points from, though, as he trundled forward like a building on wheels, chasing down a wasp. But, like his hero Muhammad Ali, Haye stung then floated away."

Haye's tactics were a bawhair away from perfection. Valuev didnt do much at all he was just reasonably solid and haye was just too quick for any of his big punches to land. was punching fresh air most of the fight but i didnt think haye would win half way through.

so happy he did though but gutted he didnt knock him out in that last round. soooooo close :lol:

To me this was the obvious result, Valuev's last fight was a disputed points decision and i think if it had gone the same way again there would have been serious uproar.

Glad Haye won the fight and took the title. Maybe the heavyweight division is about to liven up a bit now.

Good tactics from Haye and won well in the end. Only wish he could have taken Value down in the 12th when he wobbled him. Next fight is against John Ruiz. Fancy Haye to blast this guy out rather sharpish. Then after that I'd imagine he'll be up against one of the Klitschkos. Everyone is saying the last time there was anyone as brash and charasmatic as Haye in the division was when Ali was fighting. I fancy Haye to sweep through the division and unify the belts.

What a terrible fight, it was so bad it was good! I couldn't take my eyes off it.

A very average cruiserweight-cum-heavyweight beats a World Champion with IMO the least boxing technique of all time.

Haye came across as being more interested in looking quick/cocky than actually fighting and Valuev came across as a stupid Superhero baddie.

Sad sad days for boxing. Fucking hilarious stuff right enough.

What a terrible fight, it was so bad it was good! I couldn't take my eyes off it.

A very average cruiserweight-cum-heavyweight beats a World Champion with IMO the least boxing technique of all time.

Haye came across as being more interested in looking quick/cocky than actually fighting and Valuev came across as a stupid Superhero baddie.

Haye is definetly not Average!

The guy was more or less undispted cruiserweight champ within roughly 21 fights..thats unheard of!

Add to that his KO %is almost 100%...he knocked out mormeck(the then cruiser champ) in france after climbing off the canvas in the 4th.

The only reason he fought like he did last night was because theres no other way to beat the giant..Hollyfield did the same and in most peoples should have got the decision! Had he stood and traded punches he would have been KO'd!

It also looks like he broke his right hand in the 2nd round....on SSN his hand was heavily swollen with fingers taped together.

He will knock ruiz out in 3 round in march..then bring on the KLITS! :uk:

The guy was more or less undispted cruiserweight champ within roughly 21 fights..thats unheard of!

Add to that his KO %is almost 100%...he knocked out mormeck(the then cruiser champ) in france after climbing off the canvas in the 4th.

The only reason he fought like he did last night was because theres no other way to beat the giant..Hollyfield did the same and in most peoples should have got the decision! Had he stood and traded punches he would have been KO'd!

It also looks like he broke his right hand in the 2nd round....on SSN his hand was heavily swollen with fingers taped together.

pfft...

He only looks decent because the divisions are so poor at the moment.

Average.

pfft...

Average.

You could have him Jim :box:

pfft...

Average.

You could have him Jim :box:

:lol:

Boab Bates could have him Peter.

Haye gets stick because he is labelled chinny but I think part of that was that at cruiser he was weight drained. I think he may be more able to take a punch at heavy. He will blast Ruiz out in about 5 or 6 rounds and then the mega fights!!!