Official Haye v Valuev Thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8269454.stm

What the fvck is Haye thinking? good boxer, entertainment at heavyweight as he likes to scrap, rather than the usual heavyweights view of a couple of punches and defend the rest of the round, but come on! he's gonna get knocked the fvck out in 4 rounds, probably less.

hope he manages the unthinkable and gets a knockout win, but can't see it.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Valuev couldnt KO Holyfield last time out then he will struggle against Haye. If Haye fights a smart fight he tries 2 win on points as he has skills far superior to Valuev but dodgy decisions are rife in Germany so he may go lookin for the KO and could be his downfall but IMO Haye will win. Chagaev beat Valuev and he is of similar size to Haye.

Haye calms fears over preparation

_46621215_haye226_pa.jpg

David Haye says he is fully focused on his clash with WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev on 7 November, despite fears over the Briton's preparation.

Haye normally trains in Northern Cyprus but promotional commitments meant he had to relocate to his home city of London ahead of the bout in Nuremberg.

"The preparation is the same, nothing has changed," Haye told BBC Sport.

"This time there has been a lot more on the promotional side but I don't mind, I'm just trying to spread the word."

Haye faces Valuev on Sky pay-per-view and has hyped the fight by being involved in a number of publicity stunts, leading 7ft Valuev to label him "an idiot".

At a recent news conference, Haye 'fought' a man dressed as a goblin, meant to be Valuev, before decapitating a cardboard model of his Russian opponent, who has kept a far lower profile since the fight was announced in July.

Haye, 29, had previously called Valuev, who is nine inches taller and approximately 90lb heavier, a "circus show freak" and questioned his personal hygiene.

But the former undisputed cruiserweight king denied he has taken his eye off the ball and stated that he wants "as many people to watch this extravaganza as possible".

"It's a little bit strange not being in Cyprus, normally I'm over there with my head down and not much to do apart from train," added Haye, who is aiming to become Britain's first heavyweight world champion since Lennox Lewis retired in 2003.

"But instead of lying by the pool in Cyprus during my time off I'm doing a load of press and PR stuff but that's why I'm in this game, to entertain and the more people who watch this fight the better.

"The gym in the Park Plaza hotel in London replicates exactly what we've got in Cyprus, we've got all the same equipment. The only difference is the sun but it's not hot in Cyprus now anyway.

"I like it, I actually like winding my opponents up, the drama of it all. I've always been one to get under my opponents' skin and this time is no different.

"That's what boxing's all about, it's entertainment, you take out the whole hype factor and it can become boring."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8328887.stm

Should be an exciting one. One on the chin and Haye goes down, on the other hand, Hayes such a big hitter we could see the giant toppled!

Also its about how you recover from a knock down and on his last performance Hayes recovered very quickly after the knock down