Fleck

Bobby83

Seems extreme the title I know but here me out;

From what I see he was a level above anyone around him. Good touch, control, pace, strenth and a dangerous shot. Always willing to take the ball and run, and full of ideas.

Comes into the first team squad and looks like hes shit scared to lose the ball and doens't have a clue what to do with it when he has it. Walter installed a defensive mentality in him. "Forget all the fancy skill stuff son, just make sure you don't lose that ball or fuck up, and stay behind the ball".

By the time Walter leaves, the kid will be no doubt 20-21 and will have missed his chance to truly blossom into what we thought he'd be.

The fact he hasn't taken his chances will have please Smith, now he can go on to say what he always thought "you can't trust kids". He needs a good run of games in his choosen position, and allowed a degree of freedom.

We play in debatably one of the poorest leagues in Europe, any real prospect worth his salt should be playing football week in week out at the age of 18. Especially against opposition no better than English league 1-2.

Guest SandyWaTp
If he's not sitting behind two strikers in a 4-3-1-2/4-3-3, I'd be happy to see him given a run up front with Naismith, Boyd or Novo in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1.

Goal to Hamburg!!! :craphead:

Keep on Topic :craphead:

No way he's ruined yet. What age was Hutton when he started to blossom after PLG left. 20/21 ?

Fleck is just 18, he's got time on side. The experience he's had so far will stand him in good stead, it's not easy for a youngster to flourish when there is so much mediocrity around him just now.

Hopefully when he's reintroduced into the first team he's given a more central position. In fact, I'd consider using him this weekend against Hibs. At the very least I hope he's got a part to play in the Dundee game.

He needs a run of say 10 games, people need to get off his back and encourage him! U look at the boy at the sheep Fyvie or something only 16 yet playin most weeks or motherwells younger players, look at mcarthy, he'd been playin week in week out at accies n now hes hardly played dwn south! fleck needs to play, he can have gd games and bad games but he needs a run!

We cannot play with a player behind the two strikers....we never have done sucessfully. Fleck's position is an enigma - He doesnt have the pace or skill to play on the left, neither the crossing skill. There is no way we can get away with a 4-3-1-2, either in Europe or SPL.

He's not a wasted talent yet he's still young, however another couple of years with us and he will be

a young player is never going to shine and fulfill their potential while at a club who dont want to give younger players a go, and also in their correct position

Seems extreme the title I know but here me out;

From what I see he was a level above anyone around him. Good touch, control, pace, strenth and a dangerous shot. Always willing to take the ball and run, and full of ideas.

Comes into the first team squad and looks like hes shit scared to lose the ball and doens't have a clue what to do with it when he has it. Walter installed a defensive mentality in him. "Forget all the fancy skill stuff son, just make sure you don't lose that ball or fuck up, and stay behind the ball".

By the time Walter leaves, the kid will be no doubt 20-21 and will have missed his chance to truly blossom into what we thought he'd be.

The fact he hasn't taken his chances will have please Smith, now he can go on to say what he always thought "you can't trust kids". He needs a good run of games in his choosen position, and allowed a degree of freedom.

We play in debatably one of the poorest leagues in Europe, any real prospect worth his salt should be playing football week in week out at the age of 18. Especially against opposition no better than English league 1-2.

I like the way you have made your point by inventing things Walter might have said...brillaint..... <cr>

Fleck got dropped because he has made no impace and was honking at Kilmarnock. That being said soemone said to give him another chance on Saturday and i would agree with that but he needs a big performace soon to justify his place in the first team squad