***Latest Rangers Statement***

RangersWestside

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After MIH announced to the stock exchange that they are in negotiations regarding potentially selling their shares in the club, Vital Rangers understands that Graham Souness is thought to be leading a consortium keen to take over at Ibrox.

With Dave King already in the mix, it will be interesting to see who ends up winning the race.

One thing is for sure, things are clearly at an advanced stage and hopefully a deal is done sooner rather than later.

What do you think?

Would you rather see Souness back or would you like to see Dave King involved?

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=516488

My understanding is that this does not necessarily mean an offer has been made, although one may indeed have been made. It may just be an attempt to flush out any bidders.

Just off the phone to a stockbroker - his initial reaction was as above: "Oh, trying to force folk to play their hands".

Ears to the ground and all that .....

In that case there is at least enough interest for Murray to make this move, from more than one source. If there was only "tentative enquiries" i doubt he would be trying to force their hand.

After MIH announced to the stock exchange that they are in negotiations regarding potentially selling their shares in the club, Vital Rangers understands that Graham Souness is thought to be leading a consortium keen to take over at Ibrox.

With Dave King already in the mix, it will be interesting to see who ends up winning the race.

One thing is for sure, things are clearly at an advanced stage and hopefully a deal is done sooner rather than later.

What do you think?

I would take any story from that website with a large pinch of salt

What do you think?

out of the 2 it would be souness for me.....................dave king comes with baggage

Whats happpening?

There had been rumous on real radio, a few on here that a takeover is afoot. About 7 a statement appeared on the stock exchange and the club site.

There is something happening but no names have been revealed. According to Roughy the guy who is bidding just now is a Glasgow based businessman.

What do you think?

I would take any story from that website with a large pinch of salt

Me too, I was only posting what I read on NewsNow :)

not sure of who the figurehead would be or if i'd be keen on Dave King given the 322 counts of fraud he stands accused off - but if wealthy Glasgow business men are involved i'm looking for the calibre of Jim McColl , Tom Hunter , Arnold Clark etc.....investing , Jim McColl has turned around an ailing business in Clyde Blowers to a world class company , Arnold Clark (whether you like the stranglehold he has on car choice in scotland or not) is a guy who knows good retail practice , good marketing , good advertising and knows how to turn a profit , Tom Hunter is the same only on a bigger scale , if we have this calibre of business men taking a share and willing to work together to make a success out of Rangers then it's an exciting prospect !!!

take this with a pinch of salt but....

what ive been told is that Martin Bain was seen today leaving Ibrox with boxes in his car as hes been told by the bank hes no longer required at the club, and apparantly appointed in his place is a man called Gordon McKie, former Scottish Rugby Union Chief Exec

as i said, pinch of salt.....

not sure of who the figurehead would be or if i'd be keen on Dave King given the 322 counts of fraud he stands accused off - but if wealthy Glasgow business men are involved i'm looking for the calibre of Jim McColl , Tom Hunter , Arnold Clark etc.....investing , Jim McColl has turned around an ailing business in Clyde Blowers to a world class company , Arnold Clark (whether you like the stranglehold he has on car choice in scotland or not) is a guy who knows good retail practice , good marketing , good advertising and knows how to turn a profit , Tom Hunter is the same only on a bigger scale , if we have this calibre of business men taking a share and willing to work together to make a success out of Rangers then it's an exciting prospect !!!

I would take Jim McColl or Tom Hunter over Dave King any day (tu)