***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

I need a new challenge. I thought Fulham might be a good one but I won the Prem at a canter and I didn't even have that good a team; I guess they just worked well together.

Any suggestions anyone?

I am trying to build a Dundee United team capable of winning the league in the first year... however Celtic seem to be unbeatable in my game having won their first 7 games

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a new challenge. I thought Fulham might be a good one but I won the Prem at a canter and I didn't even have that good a team; I guess they just worked well together.

Any suggestions anyone?

Taking Leeds to the Premiership is pretty satisfying.

as is Charlton (tu)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Was on a great run with Dundee United until Jan where it all turned sour and my players form just dropped.

Was hammered by the Gers 7-0 (have to say it was bittersweet :) )

But currently in the scottish cup semi final and sitting third place!

You hated it, there was no sweetness at all.

This games so fucking repetitive and predictable

Play a shite team, have a million chances and not score, they have 1 chance and score

Repeat 10-15 times a season

These kind of games happen to a team once or twice a season, not every time they're away from home

Play a shite team, have a million chances and not score, they have 1 chance and score

These kind of games happen to a team once or twice a season, not every time they're away from home

are you playing the latest patch ?

I was quite glad that the season is over and Robbie Keane has left celtic, the amount of winners he got them was unreal... they have just went and spunked £10Million on Holosko though at the start of the new season and £3m on stephen hunt <cr>

are you playing the latest patch ?

I believe so aye

My Rangers team won the quadruple in the first season, haven't played it in ages but - I'm a dirty cheat :lol:

I've got Hourau, Riquelme, Pandev, Hutton, Akinfeev, Diawara, Sessegnon, Cardozo, Fellaini, Kuznanovic.. To name a few. :lol:

My Rangers team won the quadruple in the first season, haven't played it in ages but - I'm a dirty cheat :lol:

I've got Hourau, Riquelme, Pandev, Hutton, Akinfeev, Diawara, Sessegnon, Cardozo, Fellaini, Kuznanovic.. To name a few. :lol:

I take it you pay teams over 4 years to sign the players? :lol:

I was away at the weekend and the place I was at has no internet connection, so I dug out FM 2007 to play.

Signed 18 year old Kyle Lafferty, what a player :lol:

Went Borussia Dortmund, sold alot of players - made 35 mil, spent 33 mil on about 14 players including Vukcevic, Salihovic, Compper, and Tobias Weis, sold Zidan at xmas for 2.6 mil, and bought Trochowski from HSV and Sulejmani from Ajax for 2.5 each, currently 1st in the league, only lost 1 but drew about 7...

Started a new game with Rangers in FM 2010.

Went on a tour of Northern Ireland and won all 4 games.

1st match against Falkirk, won 5-1. Kris Boyd scored 4 of the goals, then he broke his foot and is out for 5 months :anguish: time for Lafferty to step up.

Drew 1-1 with Hearts :anguish:

Drew 1-1 with Hamilton :anguish:

Beat Motherwell 1-0

Beat Dynamo Kiev at Ibrox in the Champions League 6-1 :lol::D

I sold Boyd to Charlton after the first season for £3.1 or £3.9 Million I cant mind

Naismith played up front first half of the season and was brilliant but got injured and was out til about april, featured in the last couple of games and was still in contention for player of the yea, never got it though

Second season I sold a few players, Bougherra, Thomson, Whittaker and Mcgregor... Didnt bring in too much but bought a striker called Succi, Sonko the defender, got Esteban Granero on loan from Real Madrid and he is fucking immense, just literally walks through teams, scored 5 goals in 6 games IIRC... brought in a fair amount of loan players, Modesto, Diaby are two I mind.

I take it you pay teams over 4 years to sign the players? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah!

downloaded a couple of edited databases from FM Base

one is a total revamp of Scotland, Possible for the juniors to get promoted to the SPL etc

the other is a World Super League over over 7 Leagues in England