***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

Any good defenders to sign that will come to Rangers 2nd season, for about 7M?

Laurent Koscielny is decent, Adil Rami is good, or if its not too late you can get Nicolas Burdisso on a free transfer.

Also Andre Santos or Ivan Obradovic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a game with Rangers. Signed Goodwillie, Bamba, Driver, Wallace, Lacina Traore, McArthur and Cerny

Sold - Boughy, Miller, Alexander, Papac and Lafferty

Currently top of the league with about 10 games played, in the semis of the League cup and top of my CL group (Unirea, Sevilla and Olympiakos)

Adriano just destroyed Manchester United at Ibrox, the exact reason I bought him!

I lucked out... Manchester United had no Van Der Sar, no Minnone or Foster who were all injured and instead had to play some rubbish 18 year old goalkeeper they got from Fiorentina... and my first goal, from a goalkeeper error, Granero whacked in a free kick from 35 yards, keeper parried it straight to Adriano who was left unmarked to tap in... then 2 minutes later, Gomis took the ball off Ferdinand, played in Adriano and he went and made it 2-0 after less than 30 minutes... hung on for the rest of the game, never conceded an away goal so im gonna try and park the bus at old trafford when Rooney will also be back from injury!

into my 2nd season with recreativo and after 22 games i currently sit in 6th place 9 points from the 4th UCL so quite pleased although i expect to push on until the end of the season now everyone should be settled , in the last window i purhcased ,

Aaron Lennon for £12m

M.Sakho for £15 + the rest in a few years :lol:

Van der Vaart £4m :D

rafael on loan as M.Utd stole my right back for £6m :(

so line up :

Hart/Ospina

Rafael Bayal Sakho Aogo

Garcia

Lennon V.D.V Mollo

Lukaku Aquafresqa ( cunt has only scored 2 goals in 20 games at a cost of £12.5m per goal )

Chelsea in the last 8... ah well, was a good run while it lasted... was hoping to get Shaktar or Genoa for a chance of getting through

edit: unreal, Adriano does it again, scores a penalty and I managed to hold on, the nin the second half, I get one chance, beasley sprints down the wing past the right back, swings in a cross to the back post where 5 foot 9 kiko outjumps the fullback to score a fine header off the post and in. I take a 2 goal lead to the bridge where its gonna be another backs to the wall job

edit: Adriano the giant killer :praise: :praise: Was losing 2-0, went to extra time, terry headed the ball back to Cech and it was too short and Adriano headed it over the outcoming Cech into an open net, 2-1 in ET to send me through. I want to avoid Real Madrid, if I get Shaktar or Villarreal, I fancy my chances of making the final!

edit: got shaktar!

The split is fucked, its sending me to parkhead for a 3rd time :anguish:

edit: Adriano scores his 19th goal in his 25th game, a penalty against Shaktar to give me a 1-0 win away in the Semi :praise:

Just won the league by 24 points to Hearts in 2nd place with one game in the league to play against Hibs away, lost on pens to Hibs in Lg Cup final, players bottled the chance for the treble, got beat 4-3 on aggregate by Bayern in the semis of the CL, Hanke missed 3 chances to gives us a 4-1 lead in the 2nd leg which would of been enough after a 2-0 defeat in the first leg, then they scored in the last minute to compound the misery, got a SC final vs Hibs again coming up after beating Celtic 1-0 in the semis with a last minute goal by Van Buyten :praise: , they finished in 11th but well clear of relegation and their manager Bert Van Marjwick(sp) has already planned around 15m worth of new signings as well as Sebo on a bosman :lol: :lol: , Man Utd have sacked Luis Aragones after he got knocked out of the semi's of the Europa Cup by Werder Bremen so may go there depending on where they finish in the league. After the Bayern game, I immediately sold Hanke to Wolfsborg for 7.5m, M'Bengue has agreed a move to PSG for 5m after I signed him on an initial 10m which would of risen to 14m btu he has been a major dissapointment and Conway's stunning season has earned him a move to Barcelona, whilst in the summer I've got Jo from Man City, Doran from Blackburn, Aleshin from Shaktaar coming in on a bosman as well as Fleck joining up permantly on a bosman from Chelsea after Rangers sold him for 2.2m right at the start, with another couple of players perhaps joining them but I'm in no rush, a centre half, a left back and two new wingers will probably be my main targets. :pipe::21:

EDIT: Lost 1-0 in final game vs Hibs in the league so it was a 21 point gap but got my revenge for that game and the Co-op cup final by beating them 1-0 in the final with Naismith scoring the winner.

P.S is there a way you can tell your players to calm down and stop receiving so many bookings and sending off's because after getting sent off in cup final thomson got 19 yellows and 2 reds beating his record of 18 yellows and 1 red the previous season, he's my captian all these silly bookings are getting on my nerves

Do you guys use the editor at all? I've used it in my current game. I put Rangers and Celtic in to the premiership and moved hull and burnley to SPL. My transfer budget for Rangers was still 0 and yet the board expectation is to qualify for europe, wtf?

Do you guys use the editor at all? I've used it in my current game. I put Rangers and Celtic in to the premiership and moved hull and burnley to SPL. My transfer budget for Rangers was still 0 and yet the board expectation is to qualify for europe, wtf?

you need to change the finances mate , it will still have our balance quite low and with the bank loans etc , there should be tabs to click and you can change the bank balance and budget also can clear the debt to the bank etc and make the chairman a sugar daddy and underwriter for any debt you may incur

Sorted it. I just moved us back to Scotland and gave myself a wee financial boost to the tune of £30m. Didn't wanna be too greedy and spoil it. Just need to sign some decent players. I don't wanna go for the obvious big money signings. I want to invest in youth with good players for possible big sell on fee's. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sorted it. I just moved us back to Scotland and gave myself a wee financial boost to the tune of £30m. Didn't wanna be too greedy and spoil it. Just need to sign some decent players. I don't wanna go for the obvious big money signings. I want to invest in youth with good players for possible big sell on fee's. Anyone got any suggestions?

yoann Mollo is a good left winger that can also play right side or down the middle , is 18 years old and plays at Monaco (tu)

Lukaku - striker , get him for anywhere between 2-5m and he is a fecking beast , 16 years old at start , i have him at recreativo and he scored 19 goals in 30 games in the 2nd div of spain but he was only 16 and most of the app. where off the bench :D

theres a couple for you (tu)

oh and i have seen Lukaku being sold for 20 odd Million later on in the game so he has a good sell on value (tu)

Jordan Rhodes, Huddersfield 1Mil.

Also, I got Sammy Stewart on a free transfer at the start of the first season and he's bloody brilliant. Anyone wanting a good CM for nothing, get him.

I eventually got round to getting this at the weekend there, Didn't think my comp would be able to handle it without crashing, but seems to be running relatively ok.

Started one up with Werder Bremen, signed Diaby and Garrido so far.

Also started a Nations one with two mates, get us in the mood for the WC,

Does anyone else enjoy going a country from time to time?

I eventually got round to getting this at the weekend there, Didn't think my comp would be able to handle it without crashing, but seems to be running relatively ok.

i apply for all the shite ones that come up when their coach is sacked :lol: never last long though , last one i did i was Uruguay manager lasted 6 games which i won 5 but got pissed off with my best players constantly pulling out of squads due to injury causing me to search hundreds of players for a replacement :(

I've hit a wee glitch in my game. Im in a pre-season friendly and ive used all my subs but lafferty has picked up an injury and i have no one replace him and it wont let me continue without doing so and it wont let me just take him off. What do i do?

I've hit a wee glitch in my game. Im in a pre-season friendly and ive used all my subs but lafferty has picked up an injury and i have no one replace him and it wont let me continue without doing so and it wont let me just take him off. What do i do?

never had that before , normally take him off and continue with 10 men , i would go on holiday for a day so it skips the game for you (tu)

i apply for all the shite ones that come up when their coach is sacked :lol: never last long though , last one i did i was Uruguay manager lasted 6 games which i won 5 but got pissed off with my best players constantly pulling out of squads due to injury causing me to search hundreds of players for a replacement :(

I find it tough going managing a club and a country, When i'm the manager of a national team i like to give my squad selections a bit of thought,

So searching for players isn't that bad, but if i had a club to concentrate on then the national side just becomes a chore.

never had that before , normally take him off and continue with 10 men , i would go on holiday for a day so it skips the game for you (tu)

I think he meant he was in the middle of a game. I've had that before. Press cancel rather than confirm and it usually fixes it.

I think he meant he was in the middle of a game. I've had that before. Press cancel rather than confirm and it usually fixes it.

Yes i know , you can still go on holiday during the game (tu) skipping the game also but your solution would be better :D

Villarreal got through to the champions league final, I host Shaktar with my 1-0 away goal lead

edit: Beasley you fucking legend! 1-0 down to Shaktar at Ibrox, game going to Extra time, beasley pops up with a back post header in 90+1 to send me into the final against villarreal... should have lost that game but my keeper made about 5 or 6 top class saves

Started a new game with Kaiserslauten a week ago. Sold a couple of players to raise some cash, and I bought Raffaele Carminati (16-year-old German attacking midfield regen) for £5m from Bielfield and in January bought striker Robert Lewandowski for £2m. Lewandowski finished top scorer with 23 in 25 despite only playing half the season :D finished champions, getting promoted to the Bundesliga. Really started to struggle in the second season though, going on a run of six games without a win. However I brought in Daniel Brosinski and Dennis Aogo, before my new 4-2-3-1 tactics really started to pay off and I lost only 2 of my next 11 games. I carried on going up the table, even eliminating fierce rivals Bayern in the German Cup. I kept winning, and was top of the table with three games to go, needing to win 2 of those games to fend off second placed Bayern. I strolled to a 2-1 win over Koln in the first - but lost 2-1 to Schalke in my second. A win v Stuttgart would hand me the title - and my team obliged, Carminati scoring a brace in a 3-1 win. Unbelievably my pre-season relagation certainties had won the title :lol:

v4ylpj.jpg

Carminati scored 28 goals that season, finishing top scorer with Lewandowski closely following with 27 goals.

m9orbm.jpg

Yes i know , you can still go on holiday during the game (tu) skipping the game also but your solution would be better :D

Didnt know that. Must be new to FM 10. Didnt use to be able to do it

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Didnt know that. Must be new to FM 10. Didnt use to be able to do it

This a joke? :ph34r: