***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hit a wee glitch in my game. Im in a pre-season friendly and ive used all my subs but lafferty has picked up an injury and i have no one replace him and it wont let me continue without doing so and it wont let me just take him off. What do i do?

never had that before , normally take him off and continue with 10 men , i would go on holiday for a day so it skips the game for you (tu)

I think he meant he was in the middle of a game. I've had that before. Press cancel rather than confirm and it usually fixes it.

Yes i know , you can still go on holiday during the game (tu) skipping the game also but your solution would be better :D

Didnt know that. Must be new to FM 10. Didnt use to be able to do it

This a joke? :ph34r:

as far as i can remember i have been able to do this since the First Football Manager, my memory doesnt go back far enough to remember if you could do it on the championship manager before the two companys split

I did it, fucking delighted, I managed to win the champions league, getting past manchester united and chelsea was the tough part, but as soon as I drew Shaktar, then avoided Real Madrid by getting villarreal, I knew I could take them, I scraped past shaktar but the final against villarreal was almost my most comfortable of all games despite the scoreline. I had 5 shots on target, 9 off target 3 blocked while Villarreal had 1 shot on 5 off, 4 clear cut to their 0... who grabbed the winnner? None other than Adriano, getting his 20th goal since he signed in January... he tackled a player in our half (should have been a foul tbh!) ran forward, past one player then right through the gap in the defence and blasted the ball into the bottom right corner from the edge of the box, simply stunning :praise:

I did it, fucking delighted, I managed to win the champions league, getting past manchester united and chelsea was the tough part, but as soon as I drew Shaktar, then avoided Real Madrid by getting villarreal, I knew I could take them, I scraped past shaktar but the final against villarreal was almost my most comfortable of all games despite the scoreline. I had 5 shots on target, 9 off target 3 blocked while Villarreal had 1 shot on 5 off, 4 clear cut to their 0... who grabbed the winnner? None other than Adriano, getting his 20th goal since he signed in January... he tackled a player in our half (should have been a foul tbh!) ran forward, past one player then right through the gap in the defence and blasted the ball into the bottom right corner from the edge of the box, simply stunning :praise:

Well done mate :D What season are you on?

One of my friends managed to do this once last year, but it took him 10 seasons and he was bought over in his first season by some consortium who gave him a ridiculous Manchester City-esque budget.

Adriano, from what I can remember is :drool: !

I say "remember" because I can't play FM just now because of Steam. My internet is down (I'm on a connection from someone in my street right now) and in order to play FM offline, you need to be online. doh

The best I could ever do with Rangers was winning the UEFA Cup last year.

Have you got the disc mate?

You can install it without using steam, it just means you need the dvd disc in your computer at all times whilst playing the game.

Might be worth backing moving your saved games to another folder, unistalling it and then installing it again, without using steam.

Then put your saved games back in the saved games folder, and you should be ready to rock n roll ;)

Well done mate :D What season are you on?

One of my friends managed to do this once last year, but it took him 10 seasons and he was bought over in his first season by some consortium who gave him a ridiculous Manchester City-esque budget.

Adriano, from what I can remember is :drool: !

I say "remember" because I can't play FM just now because of Steam. My internet is down (I'm on a connection from someone in my street right now) and in order to play FM offline, you need to be online. doh

The best I could ever do with Rangers was winning the UEFA Cup last year.

Its my second year, I was gash in europe the year before, I went out at the group stages of the champions league and the first knockout of the Europa, I made a class signing in Adriano but I dont know if his stats are starting to go down

Start of the 3rd season and Ive signed Granero permanently for £2.3M plus Guillherme a keeper I got from Barca who got home sickness... and I signed Ruben de la red on a bosman but he has picked up a knock in every pre season game so far and is now out for 12 days... I am awaiting a permit for Vagner love on a free transfer but it will be 6 months before he joins up and I got Diaby back on loan along with Zayatte who was at Man UTD on a year long loan. Eduardo joins up on loan but he has been pretty gash in pre season so far. I dont have a lot of money to play with wages wise and I might look at selling Adriano or Soldado even though I think Soldado will get me more goals than any of my strikers. Liverpool want davis but I doubt they will match my £15M valuation :D

Im pleased with my team, they pressure big teams and create chances as opposed to just hoping for a break, even though thats what happened with Man UTD and Chelsea in the champions league, I felt against Villarreal and Shaktar I could take the game to them, I still need better quality players but in terms of what Ive got for the SPL, they should walk it... Celtics signings arent all that great so far

A team called Maccabi Netanya just knocked celtic out of the third qualifying round for the champions league :D

Do you guys use the editor at all? I've used it in my current game. I put Rangers and Celtic in to the premiership and moved hull and burnley to SPL. My transfer budget for Rangers was still 0 and yet the board expectation is to qualify for europe, wtf?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129474

You can install it without using steam, it just means you need the dvd disc in your computer at all times whilst playing the game.

Might be worth backing moving your saved games to another folder, unistalling it and then installing it again, without using steam.

Then put your saved games back in the saved games folder, and you should be ready to rock n roll ;)

I have indeed got the disc, I'm just a bit apprehensive to how to do what you've suggested. :( I've never been too clever when moving saved games and other files like that for FM. I'm up for doing it, I'd just need to be certain I wasn't losing stuff because I've got quite a lot of training schedules saved aswell. You say move them to another folder, how do you mean? Create a brand new folder or...?

Cheers for the help though, seriously, I'm going fucking bonkers. :lol: I just finished my highers and couldn't wait to get in and start an FM game only to find out my internet was completely fucked. I'm off to Italy with my football team on the 27th so I want to get a good game going up until then. :pipe:

Its my second year, I was gash in europe the year before, I went out at the group stages of the champions league and the first knockout of the Europa, I made a class signing in Adriano but I dont know if his stats are starting to go down

Start of the 3rd season and Ive signed Granero permanently for £2.3M plus Guillherme a keeper I got from Barca who got home sickness... and I signed Ruben de la red on a bosman but he has picked up a knock in every pre season game so far and is now out for 12 days... I am awaiting a permit for Vagner love on a free transfer but it will be 6 months before he joins up and I got Diaby back on loan along with Zayatte who was at Man UTD on a year long loan. Eduardo joins up on loan but he has been pretty gash in pre season so far. I dont have a lot of money to play with wages wise and I might look at selling Adriano or Soldado even though I think Soldado will get me more goals than any of my strikers. Liverpool want davis but I doubt they will match my £15M valuation :D

Im pleased with my team, they pressure big teams and create chances as opposed to just hoping for a break, even though thats what happened with Man UTD and Chelsea in the champions league, I felt against Villarreal and Shaktar I could take the game to them, I still need better quality players but in terms of what Ive got for the SPL, they should walk it... Celtics signings arent all that great so far

A team called Maccabi Netanya just knocked celtic out of the third qualifying round for the champions league :D

Thats some achievement mate, I had that problem from what I can remember - I was terrible in Europe on my 1st and 2nd seasons, more annoyingly in my second season although I'd signed Artem "44 Goals A Season" Milevskyi, he had already been registered for European competition and I couldn't play him! :( His absence was evident because the next season he was scoring 2 goals against European Champions Villarreal and scoring against AC Milan and other top European sides. I was still building and he really was one of my only major stars, and he actually emerged to be one of the best strikers in the game! :D

All those signings you've made, I'm trying to get my head round you managed to get them! After the second season money isn't really an issue, its just reputation because I think I offered De La Red a contract too and he wasn't even going to consider it. The only reason I got Milevskyi was because I offered him £32,000-a-week - his agent said he wasn't interested in a move at all, funny how money changes things, eh? Soldado is a simply awesome striker to have, as is Adriano. Liverpool wanted Davis in my game too, Thomson aswell by any chance? :lol:

I can never understand some of Celtic's signings in FM10, every game I play they continually seem to waste money away on awful players. It came to a Scottish Cup Semi-Final and I bet them 2-7 because they played Zheng Zhi up top himself with McGeady and some unknown youth player who was terrible, despite having signed some decent players. I know Mowbray is a bad manager but doh

Yeah, I tend to love it when they get put out in Europe. :) As time goes on, they gradually widen the gap between them and Rangers, and a few strong seasons are on their way.

Yeh mate, move all your saved files and put them into a newly created folder called, fm saves or something, whatever u want lol.

Then uninstall the game, then reinstall, and once its all reinstalled, put all your saved files from fm saves back into the folders that you took them from in the first place, and the game should pick them up ;)

Also meant to add when you create the new folder, create it in my documents :)

Just started a new save with QPR. Brought in Bruno Silva (RB) Kikin Fonseca (ST) Danny Rose (LM) Habib Bellaid (CB) for a total of 6million and also got Sol Campbell and Danny Mathijssen on free transfers.

Played 7, Won 7 including a 7-1 victory agaisnt Blackpool on the opening day. :D

I have indeed got the disc, I'm just a bit apprehensive to how to do what you've suggested. :( I've never been too clever when moving saved games and other files like that for FM. I'm up for doing it, I'd just need to be certain I wasn't losing stuff because I've got quite a lot of training schedules saved aswell. You say move them to another folder, how do you mean? Create a brand new folder or...?

Cheers for the help though, seriously, I'm going fucking bonkers. :lol: I just finished my highers and couldn't wait to get in and start an FM game only to find out my internet was completely fucked. I'm off to Italy with my football team on the 27th so I want to get a good game going up until then. :pipe:

Thats some achievement mate, I had that problem from what I can remember - I was terrible in Europe on my 1st and 2nd seasons, more annoyingly in my second season although I'd signed Artem "44 Goals A Season" Milevskyi, he had already been registered for European competition and I couldn't play him! :( His absence was evident because the next season he was scoring 2 goals against European Champions Villarreal and scoring against AC Milan and other top European sides. I was still building and he really was one of my only major stars, and he actually emerged to be one of the best strikers in the game! :D

All those signings you've made, I'm trying to get my head round you managed to get them! After the second season money isn't really an issue, its just reputation because I think I offered De La Red a contract too and he wasn't even going to consider it. The only reason I got Milevskyi was because I offered him £32,000-a-week - his agent said he wasn't interested in a move at all, funny how money changes things, eh? Soldado is a simply awesome striker to have, as is Adriano. Liverpool wanted Davis in my game too, Thomson aswell by any chance? :lol:

I can never understand some of Celtic's signings in FM10, every game I play they continually seem to waste money away on awful players. It came to a Scottish Cup Semi-Final and I bet them 2-7 because they played Zheng Zhi up top himself with McGeady and some unknown youth player who was terrible, despite having signed some decent players. I know Mowbray is a bad manager but doh

Yeah, I tend to love it when they get put out in Europe. :) As time goes on, they gradually widen the gap between them and Rangers, and a few strong seasons are on their way.

One of the wee in game tips, which I actually find helps, is praising a player in the media before you offer them a contract, even if it says they are not interested, they sometimes change their mind and accept a contract, it builds a relationship with the player which can help... The only reason I even tried it with Adriano in the first place was because when I ticked the box that filters out unrealistic targets, Adriano was still on the list. I think doing well in Europe obviously gets your reputation up a little bit but I havent been able to sign top class players for Rangers... Ive just spent about £10M on Torbinsky, signed Vagner love on a pre contract but had failed permit for Pavluychenko. I flogged Thomson a while back, I just sold Gomis for about £4M profit and Edu for £2.5M, got Diaby back on loan. Ive had to pay a fair whack for some of my loan signings but I think its worth it, Diaby and Granero left after their loans with Rangers as a "favoured club" which always helps when your tryin to sign them too

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Started a game with WBA on the new patch.

Was top of the league after 30 games, lost 4 games on the trot, and I was sacked despite still being top :anguish:

2nd placed Middlesbrough approached, I accepted and won the league with them :lol:

Just about to start in the EPL. Bought Owen, Van Buyten, Kryiagos, Kakuta and a few others.

Tried FM2010 again for a second time, good to see that even with the patch it's still as annoying as before.

You win every game pre-season by at least 4 goals, go into your first league games and concede 12 in 3 :lol:

I gave up on this a wee while ago, but felt like a game with the studying finished. So, I went the Queen's Eleven.

I'm usually shite at the game, so I decided to be logical. I play a rigid game at home and a very rigid one away, looking to control every game which, so far, I've managed well enough. Depending on what Coisty says, I very between a narrow or wide, deep or high and slow or fast game plan.

Like Walter in real life, I've not brought anyone in. I didn't have any cash, anyway. Though, I'm in early December and Alistair Johnstone kindly gave me £2.6M to spend and, with the January transfer window coming up, I'm tempted. Kevin Kyle (Pre-contract, maybe), Tom Hateley (The same as Kyle), David Goodwillie (Could cost too much), Chris Brunt (A fantasy when Premiership clubs are interested), Graham Dorrans (On the same boat as the Brunt deal), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds want funny money), Alex Smithies (A young 'keeper), Jamaique Vandamme (Another who could sign a pre-contract), Amr Zaki (Yet another pre-contract) and a few others are all on my shortlist, so we'll see what happens.

I've given new deals to Shagger, Danny Wilson, Jamie Ness, Andy Little, Gregg Wylde and Archie Campbell. Boydy, wee Nacho, Beasley and Stevie Smith are out of contract in just over six months and will be able to speak to other clubs in a few weeks, I've not given them new deals because I'm doing a Walter.

:pipe:

Form-wise, I'm one behind Timmy and have lost only once in the SPL. I'm through to the semi-final of the League Cup where I'll play Hibs at Hampden, I think, and I've not yet been drawn in the Scottish Cup.

In the Champions' League, I drew Liverpool, Rubin and Besiktas. I lost my first four and was leathered, but a decent two-all draw in Russia means that Besiktas come to Ibrox in a week's time and, whoever wins, will drop down to the Europa League. I fancy that.

I decided to start a new game using the "Rangers and the scum in the premiership" Download from here. Making a slight adjustment to the transfer budget. I started off with £30m. Decided to start off slowly with transfers in and out.

Players sold:

Sasa Papac - Stuttgart £5.25m

Stevie Smith - Rubin Kazan player swap

Lee McCulloch - Blackburn £2.4m

Kyle Lafferty - Roma £6.75m

Steven Naismith - Bordeaux £5m

Players bought:

Artem Milevyski - £7m

Aleksandr Kerzhakov - £10m

Salvatore Bocchetti - £8m

Angel Di Maria - £7.5m + £7.5m over 48 months.

Youann Gourcuff - £16m

Cristian Ansaldi - £12m + Stevie Smith.

Currently using the 4-1-2-1-2 formation and it seems to be working well for me just now. Sitting 2nd after 9 games. Won 7, drew 1 and lost 1. Lost one and won one in my Champions League. Got a tough group with Barca, Marseille and Unirea Urziceni.

Think i'm got my in game tactics spot on so far. Gourcuff playing in the AMC role but as an advanced playmaker and he's pulling the strings. Hopefully see this one out for a good amount of seasons. I'm going after a Right Back (provided i can raise the funds cause my budgets blown) in January, Whittakers doin a job but i'm after more assists from my wing backs and his cross stats aren't up to scratch. Any cheap suggestions?

Form-wise, I'm one behind Timmy and have lost only once in the SPL. I'm through to the semi-final of the League Cup where I'll play Hibs at Hampden, I think, and I've not yet been drawn in the Scottish Cup.

In the Champions' League, I drew Liverpool, Rubin and Besiktas. I lost my first four and was leathered, but a decent two-all draw in Russia means that Besiktas come to Ibrox in a week's time and, whoever wins, will drop down to the Europa League. I fancy that.

After a two-nil loss to Motherwell at Ibrox, I'm four behind the Tims. It was a fucking shocking game and I let them know it at full-time and ripped them in the post-match press conference before storming out. I was raging.

I've dropped down to the Europa League after Besiktas came to Ibrox in a must-win fixture and we won two-nil. Of all the teams we could've drawn in the first knockout round, we got Arsenal.

With January looming, I'm really tempted to dip into my £2.6M transfer kitty...

Any of yous ever do it the hard way? i.e. going a conference team or whatever and trying to get to the top flight?

Thats the only way i can enjoy the game :)

I love those games the most. I usually start unemployed with 'Automatic' football past-experience (I was told this was the lowest, despite thinking it was Sunday League?) and see where I end up. :D Progressing up the conference is one of the best feelings in FM, especially when you receive loan starlets who are far too good for your club. :lol:

My mate from school took Stevenage from the Conference to the Premiership in 10 or 11 seasons. Nutjob. :rolleyes:

After a two-nil loss to Motherwell at Ibrox, I'm four behind the Tims. It was a fucking shocking game and I let them know it at full-time and ripped them in the post-match press conference before storming out. I was raging.

I've dropped down to the Europa League after Besiktas came to Ibrox in a must-win fixture and we won two-nil. Of all the teams we could've drawn in the first knockout round, we got Arsenal.

With January looming, I'm really tempted to dip into my £2.6M transfer kitty...

You're taking this very seriously, the way it should be :happy::praise: