***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you by chance put a bit of money in to Rangers in the editor?

Nope, you get loads of cash from TV rights and other stuff. Plus paying over 48 months means I can afford it.

Alright guys

I put us and the tims in the Championship. Came up through the playoffs that year - basically because I was top at Christmas, thought "I'm a cert for the league" and went on holiday for the rest :lol: got there in the end.

Brought in Hutton for £8m, Alexis Sanchez and Landon Donovan for £15m each and Simon Kjaer for £31m :pipe:

Fleck is my star man - scored 17 in 23 games this season.

Trying to bring in Jerome Boateng for £33m to partner Kjaer at the back but he wont accept my contracts :(

Currently sitting 6th place - tims stuck in 19th :D

So you have spent well over £50m and plan to bring that up near the £100m mark and you are only in 6th?! Chairman will not be happy :wink:

Not actually spent yet, over 48 months :wink:

£8million for Hutton, doens't he usually get transfer listed at about £2.5mill in the 2nd season?

Sunderland bought him before I could as he was on loan there. Unfortunately I had to get him off them.

In October now in my 3rd season, sold my captain Thomson to Chelsea for 12.5m, Fleck and Evans both left for Genoa for 5m and 3m respectively, Goodiwllie left for Sheff Utd for 2.5, Conway left for Calgiari for 1.1m whilst a 16 year old Italian centre half who looks like he could be a star joined for 250k whilst another marquee signing was made in Quaresma for 5m. 5 wins out of 6 in the league including a 2-0 win at the piggery, my draw as at St Mirren where I had a last minute goal dissalowed when it looked like a clear onside, the media never gave me the chance to criticise :rolleyes: . Won 5-2 AET in the Lg Cup away at Montrose, had a men sent off after 10 mins and we played very poor indeed but it was the reserves who played. In the Champ Lg I cam through the Champions path winning 4-0 away to Rudar Velenje before playing reserves at Ibrox to win 3-0 and 7-0 on agg, then faced Red Star in the play off, drew 1-1 away in a game we could os snatched before a lesson in counter attacking football saw us win 2-0 at home to win 3-1 on agg, In the group I've drawn Bayern, Panithanaikos and Swiss side Sion. Won 1-0 vs Bayern in first game in a game where we could honestly of won 3 or 4-0, we were fantastic and then beat Sion 2-0 away with goals from Quaresma and Di Maria

All my new signings are gelling in well particaly my two new wide men, Quaresma has 2 goals and 8 assists in 8 games whilst Di Maria has 8 goals and 2 assists in 9 games, whilst Bamba has been a rock at the back whilst my young Italian impressed in the two games he's played in whilst Palmer 2 goals in 5 apperances and has impressed alot since joining.

Jamie,

Extract the skin using WinRar - My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > skins (if not a skins folder, make one)

Go into Preferences > Display & Sound > un-tick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirmation'.

Then if you click skin on the left of they options, it should have the BBC one (tu)

Hope this helps :)

Jamie,

Extract the skin using WinRar - My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > skins (if not a skins folder, make one)

Go into Preferences > Display & Sound > un-tick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirmation'.

Then if you click skin on the left of they options, it should have the BBC one (tu)

Hope this helps :)

Yeah I found out thanks

Bored of it already, away to look at others

Been playing a World League, onto my 3rd season and got promoted to the 2nd division, started in division 4B the tims were a League ahead of me at the start and have been promoted every season as well, just spent £55m with the 3 main players coming in being Dudu £22.5m, Bernardo £17m, Crotti £9m (17yr old left back regen), sold £39m worth of players and iv sent out quite a few players on loan and to 1 of my affiliates, now about to bring in quite a few free loans and pay none of their wages just to fill up my reserves

Just beat a team called Binh Duong 9-0 in the 1st round of the World League Cup, Danny Wilson scored a hat-trick, brought Naismith on with 10mins to go and he scored a hat-trick within 6mins

I started a game with Cardiff.

Sold - riccy scimeca, Gavin Rae, Mark kennedy, Joe Ledley and Peter enckelman.

Signed - Neil Harris, Phillip Evans, Dean bouzanis and kristensen Thomas.

Loan - Danny Rose and Adam Clayton.

Hoping for playoffs :sherlock:

Been playing a World League, onto my 3rd season and got promoted to the 2nd division, started in division 4B the tims were a League ahead of me at the start and have been promoted every season as well, just spent £55m with the 3 main players coming in being Dudu £22.5m, Bernardo £17m, Crotti £9m (17yr old left back regen), sold £39m worth of players and iv sent out quite a few players on loan and to 1 of my affiliates, now about to bring in quite a few free loans and pay none of their wages just to fill up my reserves

Just beat a team called Binh Duong 9-0 in the 1st round of the World League Cup, Danny Wilson scored a hat-trick, brought Naismith on with 10mins to go and he scored a hat-trick within 6mins

Danny Wilson scored a hat trick? :lol:

I've never had a defender score a hat trick, closest I got to that is when Davie Weir scored twice against the tims

My first season with PAOK, 85k to spend, and top half finish expected

Went 25 games in all comps unbeaten with PAOK after a poor first half of the season, finished 4th, then top of the qualifiers table to get a CL spot, won the greek cup as well. Would have won the league if id started the same as id finished

Got Garry O'Connor for free somehow and he scored about 4 hat tricks, including one in the last game of the season in a CL playoff with Panathanaikos

a13kaa.jpg

2lllx0m.jpg

28h3fbd.jpg

2vt387s.jpg

ive just started a brand new game with Rangers using the latest update i could find

so im without Novo, Boyd, Thomson etc etc

the finances seem quite generous at 6m to spend but i wont complain

the transfer window just slammed shut, my dealings are

IN

Ruben Baraja FREE

Fernando Morientes FREE

Robert Koren FREE

Guillermo Franco FREE

Andreas Ivanschitz 450k

Jonathan Cristaldo 2.9m

David Goodwillie 3m over 24 months

Keith Watson 500k

Mats Rits 1m over 12 months

OUT

Madjid Bougherra - Ath. Madrid £4.2m

and a load out on loan

Bougie basically refused to play when i knocked back the initial bid, poor performances 2 games running and i just decided to cash in

Pre-Season

Rangers Reserves

Barnet

Middlesbrough

Coleraine

Beveren

Deinze

Roeselare

6 wins, 1 defeat v Middlesbrough, scoring 31 conceding 4.

amazingly 12 different players scored in pre-season, Miller 8, Edu 4, McCulloch 3 & Baraja 3 being the main load

Season started with an away game to St Mirren were I won 4-2

Miller 2, Fleck & Cristaldo

horrible 2-2 draw with Hearts followed with goals from Miller & Franco but just finished off my 1st home game of the season with a 5-0 win against Kilmarnock with Fleck 2, Cristaldo 2 and Miller despite playing 45 mins with 10 men after Davie Weir walked for a 2nd yellow

Champions League draw hasnt been nice, drawn against Chelsea, Lyon & Wisla

Celtic in comparasin to me have made 1 million having sold Broon to Lyon for 7m (made me laugh) and bought in 6m of players, majority on Degan from Young Boys.

They managed to (in typical Celtic FM style) defy the odds and qualify for the Champs League group stages having beat both Sparta Prague & Sevilla

if folk are interested i will update as often as i can, with or without screenshots if requested (tu)