***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

I bought Milevskyi for 6.5m for Rangers and hes great but sadly Ive done shite with them. No trophies in the first year and second year half way in I was just doing terrible so I quit the game. He scored 40 in 53 btw.

Started a new game with Falkirk. 3 games in 2 draws with Rangers and Dundee United (they scored 2 in the last 10 minutes!) and beat Hibs 2-0. Signed Lauren, Ian Walker and Mark Viduka. They actually look quite impressive.

Can someone help me out with screenshots? I dont have a clue how to do them :blush:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for a bargain right winger, try Roberto Hilbert.

I paid £925k for him, and in his first nine games he's scored six goals, set up five and had 3 MOTM awards :praise:

Good player, he cost me £2.5 mil plus another player at the start of my Berlin game, got injured for 4 months after playing 2 n scoring 2 :disappointment:

lol in my Liverpool game im one season in and I bidded 30million for Dzeko and it was rejected... a week later they offered him to me for 14million because he was unhappy.

I dont really know how to play him but, any tips on how to play the big man ?

lol in my Liverpool game im one season in and I bidded 30million for Dzeko and it was rejected... a week later they offered him to me for 14million because he was unhappy.

I dont really know how to play him but, any tips on how to play the big man ?

You can play him as anything mate.

Huge, strong, fast, great finisher - he'll score in any role you want to play him.

I played him as deep lying forward on attack and as i previously stated his record was 143 games and 139 goals :craphead:

All my good regens i bought at Barca are all getting sold off because i left :(

One guy i bought for £180k got sold to Ath Madrid for £25million :D

Finished 5th with Falkirk and got beat in the Scottish Cup Final 2-0 by Celtic :anguish:

So qualified for UEFA Cup got a 3 year contract extension and a transfer budget of 1.9m and a wage budget of 37k so I'll have to adjust that about.

Won the domestic treble in my first season with Sporting then won the quad in the second season (UCL on pens, oh yes). Bayern approached me and I took it as they had some team!

This is my Bayern squad.

Neuer

Lahm © Otamendi Badstuber Kolarov

Fellaini Khedira

Muller Kroos Ozil

Huntelaar

Desperate for big Howedes from Schalke for CB instead of Otamendi who I sign all the time knowing he'll flop. Loses everything in the air. Badstuber is quality.

Usually rotate Muller and Schweinsteiger and Kroos/Ozil with Lars Bender.

Neuer scored a free kick for me from about 70 yards. :lol:

Was playing FM last night, lyon team were doing alryt, were scraping wins in the league then tweeked the tactics and we started beating teams by 4 n 5 goals. then there was an international break and my next game was in the CL at the tatty dome. We got fucking beat 2-1 :angry: , so I showed my anger by fining every player that played in the game 2 weeks wages ! I let lisandro off with a week but as he did score the goal :crabflute:

mid December Stu (tu)

Finished my 5th season as i expected , finished 3rd in the league a massive 27 points behind Man City ,knocked out of both cups in the 4th round and ended up winning the Champions League 4-0 against A. Madrid :lol:

So sold Gourcuff as he was playing terrible and managed to get £45m out of Barcelona for him and replaced him with an eve better regen for £20m :)

Also signed another player for the middle of the park ,CB,CM,CF to add some more options so another 3 top quality regens have arrived to bulk out the squad , oh and beat Real Madrid to the signing of a Wonderkid 19 year old striker :D

What the fuck is international management in this game!?

Had 5 games with Portugal, beat Kazakstan and Luxembourg easy enough but

Greece away 1-0 loss

Sweden away 1-0 loss

Norway Home 2-2 draw

3 games where we absolutely dominated, miss chances and lose goals late on, gettin predictable now

Plus Pepe gave away 2 pens against Norway :anguish:

My current Rangers Team, won the treble 2 seasons in a row.

________________McGregor____________

Whittaker___Bougherra__Moreno__Van Damme

Naismith_____Sandro__Davis______Buonanotte

________________Riquelme________________

___________________N'Gog________________

Bench:

Luis Guilherme

Sergiy Kryvtsov

Marc Muniesa

Eugeny Dolgopolov

Stijn Wuytens

John Fleck

Maurice Edu

Managed to get Riquelme on a free, ended up my top scorer I think, ridiculous the amount of long range goals and free kicks he scores. Whittaker, Naismith and Edu all turn into class players. Naismith got Writers POTY in the first season and Chelsea/Tottenham have been in for Whittaker.

Just signed Deco aswell. My game is bugged, dont know whats wrong I loaned D. Wilson to Portsmouth on a season long loan in the first season and his name is still highlighted blue, I click his name and it dosnt say " On Loan at Portsmouth " But he is in their squad. :S

:lol: I have a bug in my game too. I signed some regen called Carlos from Villareal. He was with me for a season before I loaned him out to B'ham, where he couldn't play because he was ineligable. He came back and I sold him for £5million to Ajax, but he's still in my team as well! I can even play him in cup games if I want! Plus, his value at Ajax is £0 :lol:

Yeah Wilson's value is £0 aswell. I click on my team he is there in blue. I click on Portsmouth team and he is there as if its their player. But he doesn't get played, the annoying thing is his stats are going up really well.

The thing that annoys me most about FM is after I've built my team, we win the league too easy every season.

Other teams drop stupid points to teams they should be hammering whereas we do hammer them. There's no challenge.

I usually struggle in the CL mind you.

Just playing the game against Sweden again

1st half I have 65% possession and 14 shots to 3, was getting the messages like "sweden look unable to live with Portugal at the moment"

5 minutes into the second half and its 2-0 Sweden :lol: Internationals doh