Ally McCoist in a Shot of Glory - ITV4

alexceerfc

Anyone remember the photo of Duvall outside Hampden at the OF Cup Final in 1999 with a scarve proclaiming 'KEEP ULSTER PROTESTANT'??

What lol you serious?

yeah, someone handed it to him outside hampden and he posed for a photo with it. I think it was that or 'Keep Ulster British'

Anyone remember the photo of Duvall outside Hampden at the OF Cup Final in 1999 with a scarve proclaiming 'KEEP ULSTER PROTESTANT'??

What lol you serious?

yeah, someone handed it to him outside hampden and he posed for a photo with it. I think it was that or 'Keep Ulster British'

Class :lol:

in my worst films ever made list along with : " Circuitry Man 2: Plughead Rewired" and " Shark Attack 3: Megalodon".

How dare you. That was Scottish legend John Barrowmans finest moment.

I'm sure Agathe plays for Rangers in a shot at glory. What an absolutely mental film. Michael Keaton and Robert Duvall talking about a little village team as a 'franchise' as if they are some sort of big time American football team. Hilarious viewing.

'If you don't win the cup I'm moving the team to Ireland'. I wouldn't mind if a certain SPL team were given that ultimatum in real life.

What lol you serious?

I'm sure it was "Ulster says No Surrender. It was hilarious. Not as hilarious as his accent in the film though. I find it cult viewing just for that. :lol:

What lol you serious?

I'm sure it was "Ulster says No Surrender. It was hilarious. Not as hilarious as his accent in the film though. I find it cult viewing just for that. :lol:

it defo said keep ulster protestant and had a purple background.

I was in the crowd at Hampden when they were filming the ending.

so was i, but i was about 6 at the time.

Haha me too! was older than 6 though.

I was there too, remember they had to stop filming and tell all us bears to stop singing super ally cos he was meant to be playing against us!

What lol you serious?

It was deffo "Keep Ulster Protestant". A kind fellow whose name escapes me posted the pic on here about a year ago at my request.

worst movie ever,and that was after watching 10 minutes of it,how the fuck duvall a supposed great actor got away with that accent is a fucking embarrasment..total crap ,would have been 10 times better if hed been an american coach ,cause his fucking accent spoiled it tbh..

worst movie ever,and that was after watching 10 minutes of it,how the fuck duvall a supposed great actor got away with that accent is a fucking embarrasment..total crap ,would have been 10 times better if hed been an american coach ,cause his fucking accent spoiled it tbh..

Agree that his accent was a joke, he sounded Irish at times.

lol I used to own this on video......might try and track it down online I recall quite enjoying it. From memory I'm sure Ally done much better than I expected and for him to be a noone in the film world to co-starring in a movie with someone from the Godfather Triolgy was pretty amazing.

I was in the crowd at Hampden when they were filming the ending.

so was i, but i was about 6 at the time.

Haha me too! was older than 6 though.

I was there too, remember they had to stop filming and tell all us bears to stop singing super ally cos he was meant to be playing against us!

:D Belter.

Trivia for

A Shot at Glory (2000) More at IMDbPro »

advertisementAlly McCoist, who plays a former Celtic player is, in real life, a former Rangers player, McCoist is now in actual fact the Rangers No 2 coach. They actually super-impose Celtic colors on to his blue Rangers shirts. He wouldn't wear a real Celtic shirt for the film.

Ally McCoist wanted the team to win at the end of the film to be Rangers and not Celtic, to make Rangers look the better side, in doing so, the script changed the teams around, making his part in the film that of a former Celtic player, which he also wasn't happy about.