Last abandoned game?

Steakbake

The one i can think of wa in 1961 when we played ASK Vorwaerts in Malmo Sweden in the European Cup. The game was abandoned after 45 minutes because of fog.

That's the only one i could think of as well Minstral-you are showing your age! Funnily enough we were winning 1-0 in that one as well.I would guess there must be another game since then but i can't think of one. Aston Villa 1976 but that was a 'friendly'-some friendly!

The one i can think of wa in 1961 when we played ASK Vorwaerts in Malmo Sweden in the European Cup. The game was abandoned after 45 minutes because of fog.

That's the only one i could think of as well Minstral-you are showing your age! Funnily enough we were winning 1-0 in that one as well.I would guess there must be another game since then but i can't think of one. Aston Villa 1976 but that was a 'friendly'-some friendly!

Hi mate i cant think of any other game since then that has started and abandoned, your are correct about the Aston Villa game, that was crazy. :D

is that the game where we took the holt end?

Yes mate, we had taken over the Holt end and displayed a big union flag and singing the Billy Boys loud and proud. The had started to wave the Irish tricolour and we went right in and to their fans and set about them, and the bottles were flying from all directions and game was abandoned.

is that the game where we took the holt end?

Yes mate, we had taken over the Holt end and displayed a big union flag and singing the Billy Boys loud and proud. The had started to wave the Irish tricolour and we went right in and to their fans and set about them, and the bottles were flying from all directions and game was abandoned.

cheers for the info mate that sounds an absolute riot :P would have loved to have been alive to see that

Can't remember what season it was.. early to mid 90s.. but we were playing Hibs I think and me and my Dad were sitting Govan Front at the Broomloan end. Fog started rolling in about quarter past three. By half three we could see nothing. Next thing we heard a vague rumble from the other end and wondered what was going on. A minute or so later a figure appears from the mist- it's Coisty- chased by Trevor Steven and Ian Ferguson. We're all wondering what's going on until Coisty throughs his fist in the air with a big smile on his face- then we all start cheering a goal we'd paid to see but never saw!

When you look at some of the old videos its amazing to see the conditions the players (even in the days of Gazza and Laudrup), and fans had to put up with in them days.

I've only ever seen that goal from watching the customary season's VHS we used to get every Christmas.

I'm glad those days are gone.

Didn't we get a game get abandoned against Livingston or Dundee United (can't remember) after the lights went out? It was around 2000-2002.

im sure there was a cup game at ibrox abandoned against Dundee United

could be wrong though

Didn't we get a game get abandoned against Livingston or Dundee United (can't remember) after the lights went out? It was around 2000-2002.

could be wrong though

There was a postponed game against DU ! :rolleyes::sherlock:

could be wrong though

Was that one late 80's/early 90's? Got to Ibrox to find cardboard notices of the postponment on lamposts. The other postponment was a match against the sheep when we were in the ground and the stewards told me not to bother as the match would not go ahead because of waterlogging.After a lot of work by the groundstaff and referee inspection, 40 minutes later the announcement came over the tannoy that the math had been called off.

Cannot remember any abandoned matches at Ibrox in the last 50 years.

could be wrong though

yeah cup game might have been a replay in midweek if memory serves me right