Kevin Thomson

dee9

Ok so hes not had the best of returns from injury but everyone should try to get there head round the fact he had a realy bad injury in a career ending area! Some of the comments in here have realy pissed me off over the last few days in relation to thomson!! :angry: Fair enough, if his form does not improve over the next few months then have a pop alright but fuck me give the lad a chance!

I have every confidence that thommo will be back to his best in the very near future and a possible captain in the making perhaps!!

He may never return to top form, we just dont know. I wouldnt worry too much mate, most of the comments on here about players are nothing more than uneducated reactionary nonsense. I lost count of the amount of people who said "give the lad time to fully recover when he comes back and not expect magic straight away" and yet here we are, people tearing into him. Entirely predictable, buts still sad to see.

The whole midfield has been rank recently, until the tactics and system improve they will continue to underperform.

He may never return to top form, we just dont know. I wouldnt worry too much mate, most of the comments on here about players are nothing more than uneducated reactionary nonsense. I lost count of the amount of people who said "give the lad time to fully recover when he comes back and not expect magic straight away" and yet here we are, people tearing into him. Entirely predictable, buts still sad to see.

The whole midfield has been rank recently, until the tactics and system improve they will continue to underperform.

(tu)

There is a lot of pressure put on Thomson when he came back into the team, but it looks clear that he was rushed back too soon. He just needs time and im sure he will be back to his best.

I actually thought there would be a few bounce games arranged for him when he first came back but apparently not which is piss poor and gave the lad little time to get up to speed!

(tu)

I fear another Michael Mols situation

There is a lot of pressure put on Thomson when he came back into the team, but it looks clear that he was rushed back too soon. He just needs time and im sure he will be back to his best.

I actually thought there would be a few bounce games arranged for him when he first came back but apparently not which is piss poor and gave the lad little time to get up to speed!

(tu)

Give me Bazza Gazza Doddie Baxter Russell anytime but Thomson He is not in the same class as the Gers great midfielders. He reminds me of Ian Redford, high transfer fee but a player who will never live up to the price tag..............................Follow.....................Follow..............

....Colin

Give me Bazza Gazza Doddie Baxter Russell anytime but Thomson He is not in the same class as the Gers great midfielders. He reminds me of Ian Redford, high transfer fee but a player who will never live up to the price tag..............................Follow.....................Follow..............

....Colin

You can't compare him to those guys because Thomson hasn't played nearly as many games for Rangers. And his price tag was 2m, cheaper than Edu, Davis, and Mendes, I'd hardly say it's an albatross on his play

....Colin

You can't compare him to those guys because Thomson hasn't played nearly as many games for Rangers. And his price tag was 2m, cheaper than Edu, Davis, and Mendes, I'd hardly say it's an albatross on his play

Yeah give me a midfield of Davis Edu and Mendes anytime.......................Follow......................Follow................

.......Colin

Was always going to take months rather than games to get back to the form he showed pre-Killie match - there is a good possibility that he may never, hopefully that's not the case.

I think he was brought back too early, and the fluid on the knee, or whatever it was, hasn't helped. His performances have been pretty poor, but he's not been the worst player.

At this moment in time he looks out of place, his timing is poor, his passing is terrible, he's rash in the tackle, and he looks like he's struggling to move at times. Unfortunatley he was never blessed with pace, and now he looks even slower, although there has been a slight improvement over the last few games.

Pulling out of the Scotland squad is a move IMO, and he'll have a good number of days to rest, and work in the gym....

....Colin

Yeah give me a midfield of Davis Edu and Mendes anytime.......................Follow......................Follow................

.......Colin

Before his injury, Kevin Thomson was forming a pretty good partnership alongside Pedro Mendes and Steven Davis. They were playing some nice stuff, and complimenting each other very well. Before his injury, he was showing why Walter Smith splashed £2m on him - hopefully he can re-discover that form.

This is a bold statement, but I've never been a great fan of KT. Pass marks for attitude and determination, definitely. However, apart from a brief period in Autumn 2008, I can't say that I would consider him one of our stars. He's clumsy and weak. I don't want to be right about that, but it's how I feel. I hope he can turn it around.

Like Bazza he was allowed to come back far too early. Like Bazza his form is thus poor. He may come onto good form again, but it is no certainty. In the interim he could be replaced and used as a substitute to find his game again. A chance to see McMillan, Ness, or Wylde get a start and a chance for them to shine.

As I said before we bought him I used to love when he played against us because of his lack of pace,habit of being on the wrong side of his opponent,his tendency to make passes which puts his own men under pressure and because he was so predictable. After his operation he looks to have lost even more pace and with his lack of awareness that could be a huge problem for us.

When we were being linked with both Thomson and Brown of Hibs, I was hoping to get both players but when it became obvious that Hibs were not going to accept our bid for both players I was hoping we would get Brown. He seemed a more complete player for the SPL and exactly the type of player we needed. I felt Thomson was too slow, not strong enough and just not assertive enough, in other words a player you didn't notice at all................................Follow........................Follo...w......

...........Colin

When we were being linked with both Thomson and Brown of Hibs, I was hoping to get both players but when it became obvious that Hibs were not going to accept our bid for both players I was hoping we would get Brown. He seemed a more complete player for the SPL and exactly the type of player we needed. I felt Thomson was too slow, not strong enough and just not assertive enough, in other words a player you didn't notice at all................................Follow........................Follo...w......

...........Colin

A 100% Thomson is twice the player of Brown

We need to remember that when he was out, he was built up to be one the best midfielders, Ibrox has ever seen. Of course, his form hasn't returned (yet), but the expectations were pretty damn high -- unfairly so.

I for one, will give him the rest of this season The lad has had 2 serious knee injuries. We need patience. He is a very, very good player. Good leader, class guy -- and deserves our support.

I agree that he needs more time and we could see that player we had last season that linked so well with Mendes and Davis, It would help alot i think if it was Wilson and Bougherra at the back so that he was free to playa more creative midfield role instead of playing deep to help the defences lack of pace.

...........Colin

A 100% Thomson is twice the player of Brown

A 50% Thomson is twice the player of Brown.

A 100% Thommo is just in a different stratosphere to Brown.