Boogie heading off for the Algeria game

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an article link?

Sometimes the national squads will still call players up and make their judgement as to whether or not they are fit to play, he might also just be joining them just to watch the game and support his team mates.

If he does play then I'm sure he will be away in January.

if he plays for them then i wouldnt want him back in a Rangers shirt again this season , i fucking hate players that will turn up for their country totally disregarding whats best for their current employer.

See- Lafferty , kingston from Hearts etc.

Sometimes the national squads will still call players up and make their judgement as to whether or not they are fit to play, he might also just be joining them just to watch the game and support his team mates.

on the Mail back pages it says he is ready to risk the wrath of the Ibrox bosses by trying the impossible to play for his country while having been unfit for the last 6 Gers matches

He will play even if he is only 50% fit PIB|, he has stated before his main aim is to get to a Major finals with Algeria the rest is 2nd best to him mate , the quicker we get rid the better (tu) and i dont say that lightly

on the Mail back pages it says he is ready to risk the wrath of the Ibrox bosses by trying the impossible to play for his country while having been unfit for the last 6 Gers matches

Cheers for that,

then I don't want him playing for us ever again if that's the case.

He will certainly enrage Smith with this, he has had the benefit of the doubt twice with the jackanory tales, once unlucky, twice daft, three times "i'm taking the piss here but i dont give a fuck".

This is a guy who preaches respect at every interview and acts the opposite way, bye bye boogie big heid if this turns out to be the case.

As a support i think we are too quick to grant hero status, only for the heroes to be (passing through) Cuellar even leaving with embarrasing rude haste.

RANGERS defender Madjid Bougherra will risk the wrath of his club by playing for his country this weekend in a do-or-die World Cup grudge match against Egypt.

The Algerian has not featured in the Ibrox side's last six games after picking up a knee injury in training on the eve of Rangers' Champions League home game against Unirea Urziceni, but he has reported for duty and is desperate to play in Cairo this weekend.

A draw would be enough for Algeria to qualify for next summer's World Cup Finals in South Africa, and even a defeat, should it only be by one goal, could still see them through.

While Walter Smith may wince at the thought of his prized central defender featuring in such a high-pressure match after being sidelined for weeks, Bougherra has no reservations about pulling on his boots for his country and will go all out to be fit for Saturday.

advertisement

"I am here because the people of Algeria want me to be here," said Bougherra.

"Believe me, I am super-motivated to be present in Cairo on Saturday for the long-awaited meeting with Egypt.

"Right now, I am not yet ready to play. But I will attempt to do the impossible for this particular game.

"I simply cannot miss the match against Egypt - nobody would like to miss it if at all possible.

"I am subjected to daily care on the injury.

"I hope things are going in the right direction to be present at the game against the Egyptians.

"I have not yet joined the squad at Rangers for group training. I'm still undergoing treatment, but I recently started jogging.

"Now I am here with the Algerian national team, I will resume with the group. I am doing all I can to allow my fitness to progress.

"I still have time for my recovery, with the help of the doctor of the Algerian federation and the physios.

"I am optimistic, but I'll be depressed if I do not take part.

"I take this opportunity to ask the Algerian people to trust us and I promise to do everything possible to qualify. I am happy that there seems to be so much interest in my wellbeing and fitness.

"I would like to thank the many people who supported me during this time.

"Besides, I promise to do my utmost to ensure there is a party after the match."

Qualification for the World Cup would be an achievement in itself, but the fact that the game is against Egypt adds further weight to the encounter.

Back in 1989 with Algeria bidding to reach their third successive tournament, they found themselves up against Egypt in a play-off.

The first-leg was drawn 0-0 in Algeria before Egypt triumphed 1-0 in Cairo and Algeria have never been to a World Cup since.

The hype leading up to the game in Bougherra's homeland prompted him to seek refuge away from the limelight in Glasgow this week.

And he admitted he ended up handing his mobile phone over to a friend so he didn't need to be speak to reporters hungry for a soundbite in the lead up to the massive match.

"It's nice to have been in Glasgow in the build-up to the game and I have a friend who came to visit me who is taking my calls about the match as I don't want to talk about it," he said.

"People phone him instead of me for updates about my injury and he feels like he is going crazy just now because the phone won't stop ringing."

Since his move to Rangers last year, Bougherra has not only been a mainstay in the Ibrox side but has also been one of the most consistent performers.

And the defender believes that the experience of playing at the top level in the Champions League and the Uefa Cup will serve as the ideal preparation for this weekend's game.

"It would be my biggest moment in football if we were to qualify, of course it would," he told the Rangers News.

"This match is shaping up to be the biggest of my life. Millions of people are waiting to watch this game and in Algeria, they are all expecting us to do it.

"They are all looking for revenge after Egypt beat us to the World Cup in Italy 20 years ago and they are desperate for us to do it.

"With Rangers, I have learned about the type of mentality you need to be successful in these sorts of games.

"I know now how to be positive and how to handle the pressure that comes with big situations such as the one I am in."

Bougherra has admitted that it is not ideal for him to be heading off to play for his country when he hasn't kicked a ball for Rangers in three weeks.

The last time he was away on international duty he was late back after losing a passport and wallet and missed the St Johnstone game in Perth.

Smith will be hoping that should Algeria qualify the post-match party does not last too long.

"I have not played for a while now so to go away for this game with no games in my legs is not good," said Bougherra.

"The injury I've had was a stupid one. I just slipped as I made a turn in training, but that is football.

"I'm just happy the injury is not a bad one because when I hurt myself, I felt a bad sensation and feared the worst.

"The last few weeks have been frustrating for me. I had passport problems after I was last away on international duty and got back late as a result."

Walter Smith, for one, will be hoping there will be no delayed reaction to his return this time.

Publication date 11/11/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2534586.0.0.php

Boab with the link and story as always (tu):mutley:

RANGERS defender Madjid Bougherra will risk the wrath of his club by playing for his country this weekend in a do-or-die World Cup grudge match against Egypt.

The Algerian has not featured in the Ibrox side's last six games after picking up a knee injury in training on the eve of Rangers' Champions League home game against Unirea Urziceni, but he has reported for duty and is desperate to play in Cairo this weekend.

A draw would be enough for Algeria to qualify for next summer's World Cup Finals in South Africa, and even a defeat, should it only be by one goal, could still see them through.

While Walter Smith may wince at the thought of his prized central defender featuring in such a high-pressure match after being sidelined for weeks, Bougherra has no reservations about pulling on his boots for his country and will go all out to be fit for Saturday.

advertisement

"I am here because the people of Algeria want me to be here," said Bougherra.

"Believe me, I am super-motivated to be present in Cairo on Saturday for the long-awaited meeting with Egypt.

"Right now, I am not yet ready to play. But I will attempt to do the impossible for this particular game.

"I simply cannot miss the match against Egypt - nobody would like to miss it if at all possible.

"I am subjected to daily care on the injury.

"I hope things are going in the right direction to be present at the game against the Egyptians.

"I have not yet joined the squad at Rangers for group training. I'm still undergoing treatment, but I recently started jogging.

"Now I am here with the Algerian national team, I will resume with the group. I am doing all I can to allow my fitness to progress.

"I still have time for my recovery, with the help of the doctor of the Algerian federation and the physios.

"I am optimistic, but I'll be depressed if I do not take part.

"I take this opportunity to ask the Algerian people to trust us and I promise to do everything possible to qualify. I am happy that there seems to be so much interest in my wellbeing and fitness.

"I would like to thank the many people who supported me during this time.

"Besides, I promise to do my utmost to ensure there is a party after the match."

Qualification for the World Cup would be an achievement in itself, but the fact that the game is against Egypt adds further weight to the encounter.

Back in 1989 with Algeria bidding to reach their third successive tournament, they found themselves up against Egypt in a play-off.

The first-leg was drawn 0-0 in Algeria before Egypt triumphed 1-0 in Cairo and Algeria have never been to a World Cup since.

The hype leading up to the game in Bougherra's homeland prompted him to seek refuge away from the limelight in Glasgow this week.

And he admitted he ended up handing his mobile phone over to a friend so he didn't need to be speak to reporters hungry for a soundbite in the lead up to the massive match.

"It's nice to have been in Glasgow in the build-up to the game and I have a friend who came to visit me who is taking my calls about the match as I don't want to talk about it," he said.

"People phone him instead of me for updates about my injury and he feels like he is going crazy just now because the phone won't stop ringing."

Since his move to Rangers last year, Bougherra has not only been a mainstay in the Ibrox side but has also been one of the most consistent performers.

And the defender believes that the experience of playing at the top level in the Champions League and the Uefa Cup will serve as the ideal preparation for this weekend's game.

"It would be my biggest moment in football if we were to qualify, of course it would," he told the Rangers News.

"This match is shaping up to be the biggest of my life. Millions of people are waiting to watch this game and in Algeria, they are all expecting us to do it.

"They are all looking for revenge after Egypt beat us to the World Cup in Italy 20 years ago and they are desperate for us to do it.

"With Rangers, I have learned about the type of mentality you need to be successful in these sorts of games.

"I know now how to be positive and how to handle the pressure that comes with big situations such as the one I am in."

Bougherra has admitted that it is not ideal for him to be heading off to play for his country when he hasn't kicked a ball for Rangers in three weeks.

The last time he was away on international duty he was late back after losing a passport and wallet and missed the St Johnstone game in Perth.

Smith will be hoping that should Algeria qualify the post-match party does not last too long.

"I have not played for a while now so to go away for this game with no games in my legs is not good," said Bougherra.

"The injury I've had was a stupid one. I just slipped as I made a turn in training, but that is football.

"I'm just happy the injury is not a bad one because when I hurt myself, I felt a bad sensation and feared the worst.

"The last few weeks have been frustrating for me. I had passport problems after I was last away on international duty and got back late as a result."

Walter Smith, for one, will be hoping there will be no delayed reaction to his return this time.

Publication date 11/11/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2534586.0.0.php

Boab with the link and story as always (tu)

Bet You get all the Ladies - save some for us you link posting stud!

Does this really suprise anyone? Rangers = Pay and showcase in champions league, Algeria = passion.

If he's fit, he's fit.

He said he'd be back for St Mirren but just missed it, so I assume he's ready to play midweek.

Why do we always look for a scapegoat at this club?

From the horses mouth papa (tu)

If he's fit, he's fit.

He said he'd be back for St Mirren but just missed it, so I assume he's ready to play midweek.

I can almost understand it, even then.

You need to realise that the African players are about 1000000000000000000 more passionate about their country than any of us apathetic Scottish people are, in general anyway.

If he injures himself playing because he's not 100% fit then I won't be chuffed, but I'll wait until that happens before crucifying the lad for wanting to play at the World Cup (tu)

If he's fit, he's fit.

I can almost understand it, even then.

You need to realise that the African players are about 1000000000000000000 more passionate about their country than any of us apathetic Scottish people are, in general anyway.

If he injures himself playing because he's not 100% fit then I won't be chuffed, but I'll wait until that happens before crucifying the lad for wanting to play at the World Cup (tu)

if he is 100% then fair enough but as you say if he injures himself then i hope we get shot as soon as .

Not sure what to make of this, really. Players (should) try to get fit as soon as they can, if that's all Bougherra is doing then no problem. He is clear that he is making a big effort to get fit for this particular game, but as papa says the Africans are more passionate than us.

Still, if he plays in this game then reports injured for us when he returns......