If we had to sell 1 of our best players...

jamiethebutcher

Who would you sell?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. If we had to sell 1 of our best players...Who would you sell and why?

• McGregor
    • Bougherra
    • Wilson
    • Mendes
    • Davis

Davis 100%. Inconsistent -- agreed, can be great -- but not when we need him most. Overrated, can't cross, can barely pass.

But every now and then very good.So.. consistency is key for me for what 25k per week?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think shagger would command the most money, and will be the least felt in terms of loss

mendes while not set the place on fire is still badly missed right now, boughie is needed as we dont have any spare CB's, davis wouldnt be worth selling, and we'd get fuck all for wilson THE NOW

totally agree, trying to buy a good goalkeeper from an established club would cost a few bob, on his form right now ad say he wood deffo be worth the most, and then bougherra.

Bougherra is the most likely to leave imo, although he's sort of fucked that up for himself by pissing about instead of keeping good time returning from international duty. It'll probably cost the club money on his value as well which is one of the most annoying aspects of the whole thing.

people are forgetting about money though

WE WILL GET HEEHAW WORTHWHILE BY SELLING MENDES

we would be lucky to get back what we paid for mendes, and to lose a midfielder with absolutely no chance of a replacement in january could cripple our title bid

losing shagger for maybe 5-6 million (after he performed well in the CL) may just enable us to spend a million or 2 on a player and give the other 4 to the bank

plus alexander is easily good enough for the SPL

we do not have to sell no one ..... mr alzheimer just has to play 7 of our starting 11 in their proper position that says it all hes a prick and hasnt got a clue...9nro would have been 10 if it wasnt for him ,and uefa final if advocaat was in charge we would have won it,,,end of...

I'd go for Mendes because he's the wrong side of 30 and the transfer fee would go to use, then Bougherra after that as he's shown he's not loyal to the team. Next in the order would be McGregor as we have Alexander to replace him, then Davis as we have a few good midfielders and the last I would consider selling is Wilson - we can't afford to lose him at this time when he's developing.

It gets more depressing by the week, who could have foreseen this 10 years ago?

All us voting what one of our best players we'd sell if we need to sell one after already having done the same thing 4 times in the last 6 years with Ferguso first time, Boumsong, Hutton and Cuellar.

We should be focusing all our efforts on trying to get clubs South of the border to sign Lafferty and McCulloch.

We could bring in 3.5 million for the pair of them and save ourselves upwards of £25,000 a week in the process.

Give Beasley a free transfer and throw in his £15,000 a week wages and we will be in a far better place.

You could take all three of them out the squad right now and we wouldn't miss them one bit.

Any of the players on the list above would be missed and we should try and do all we can to find a way to keep them.

Quite simple, really - sell our star media liaison, Scotland's answer to the brilliance of Maradona, and all of our financial woes will be sorted in a blink. For the life of me, I can't understand why no one can see this obvious answer. :sherlock: