England World Cup fans

grahamteuchter

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont be supporting England...never have.

Its funny how times change...over 30 yrs ago, 90% or more of the Scotland support were Bears.

Ask them to support England??? Your having a laugh!

I can imagine the likes of Jim Baxter being asked if he would want England to win... he would probably have pissed himself laughing.

Anyway..everyone to their own.

Im looking forward to seeing a great tournament, some great players and some great goals.

My allegiance will be with the country I currently live in, but I look forward to seeing the African teams. They usually play 'innocent attractive football.

Heres to a great World Cup.

Trust me guys the English are nearly as bad as the dhims when it comes to "the greatest fans in the world pish".

Front page of the Sun today had the title:

E ngland

A lgeria

S lovenia

Y anks

Hope the fuckers get pumped, bunch of neds. I'm all for the union, but i'm proudly Scottish and therefore wish these wanks no luck whatsoever :sherlock:

:rolleyes:

Aye; Sun headline made me cringe. See how now struggle!

More club than national supporter really, as whilst English, not sure how much Team England represent me tbh

(though only time was pleased to see England lose was against NI).

I'm British & support the Home nations team whenever they play & will be fully supporting England in WC.

i love the contradictions people make constantly.

Wave union flags, but DON'T support it?.

I support England just as much as i do NI and Wales in competitive matches, and will always support my own country.

There is no contradiction there at all.

If Britain were playing under one team then there would be a contradiction. As it is they are seperate footballing nations.

Exactly. As it is I detest the England football team and hope they get horsed. Were it a British team I'd support the same eleven players.

I dont hate England, though I hate most of the players on the team. But I wouldnt say I support them either, I know I might be hypocritical saying that I would support Northern Ireland in a football game but not England, the fact is that a big part of this country hates England and wants nothing to do with them. I believe in the Union, I would say Im British before I would say I was Scottish, and I wouldnt wear an England top.

Everyone should have a good feeling towards England.
I don't think that's the case. We're talking about a football team of a component part of the Union.

I would raise an eyebrow if it's not a 'sport related chip' maybe, but within Sport it's totally acceptable imho.

Everyone should have a good feeling towards England.
I don't think that's the case. We're talking about a football team of a component part of the Union.

I would raise an eyebrow if it's not a 'sport related chip' maybe, but within Sport it's totally acceptable imho.

So you would rather Portugal beat England again? An inferior nation who have no right to beat good british people

When i saw the English fans celebrating their world cup draw and all of them singing easy easy easy it made me fucking insane with anger!

But yet again when i saw the way the tartan army were welcoming maradonna to scotland earlier this year, there was a part on the BBC news, the national news not just reporting scotland they were in this tartan army pub up in aberdeen and it was showing the shrine they had made to maradonna and they were all saying he deserved it for "Doing us a favour in 86" - That really fucked me off and ashamed to be a scotland supporter. Its all about the way the media portray things but the yobbish barmy army members really make me want to hate england

Just have this in mind. The tims hate england and love it when they lost. Look at they did to maradona when he went to Scotland. Look at that situation and are you telling me you would get behind that sort of thing?

No im saying i was appauled at the way the tartan army hailed him as a hero for "doing us a favour" as they put it!! How the fuck did he do us a favour? it was ina competition we werent even in, its a fucking shocking attitude to have towards anything!!! Makes scotland come across as a bunch of fucking losers!!

There is a lot of contridictions in this thread regarding the union. Everyone should have a good feeling towards England.

Everyone should decide for themselves what feelings they have for the England football team...if that's alright with you of course.

Its a love to hate feeling most scots have towards england, im very much happy to be a member of the UK but cant stand the wankers at the bbc and the barmy army yobs when theyre supporting england and want them to lose. I shouldnt be made to feel i should like england just because im a rangers fan

There is a lot of contridictions in this thread regarding the union. Everyone should have a good feeling towards England.

Everyone should decide for themselves what feelings they have for the England football team...if that's alright with you of course.

No it's not.

Tough titty...you don't decide how others should feel...sorry to be the one to break it to you.

No it's not.

Tough titty...you don't decide how others should feel...sorry to be the one to break it to you.

I can though. I'll do a special magic trick on you.

I make alstone & Kev 100% spot on.

Also...

So you would rather Portugal beat England again? An inferior nation who have no right to beat good british people

Well no, but then I'm...

More club than national supporter really, as whilst English, not sure how much Team England represent me tbh

(though only time was pleased to see England lose was against NI).

I'm British & support the Home nations team whenever they play & will be fully supporting England in WC.

And also:

When i saw the English fans celebrating their world cup draw and all of them singing easy easy easy it made me fucking insane with anger!
... and can so see it coming back to bite on the arse. worried.gif

Hate it when 'supposidly' bigger teams do that, tis why I was so delighted with David Healy's winning strike in the WCQ against England in Sep 2005.

Just have this in mind. The tims hate england and love it when they lost. Look at they did to maradona when he went to Scotland. Look at that situation and are you telling me you would get behind that sort of thing?

Why should anyone decide who they support based on what the tims think?

Well for all you know while you go celebrate England losing at the pub, a tim could be right with you cheering as well. Just watch yourself. You don't want to fall in with that mob.