England World Cup fans

grahamteuchter

England may be classed as a British team just like the other 3 nations, but it still does not justify a Scottish person having to support them in the world cup, that would be like you trying to say we have to support ManUre against Barcelona in a Champions League final just because they are a British team.

Saying club and country are different arguments is nonsence

How is this anything like supporting a club team, in any way? Club football is exactly what it says on the tin. Club.

National football is about a country. England are a country who are part of a union we share. I wont repeat myself here, because honestly, for anyone to fly a union flag and say they dont support England, i dont have to justify anything.

I fly the union flag but that does not mean that I have to support England as in the end the Union Flag does not represent England it represents the UK as a whole at no point an individual nation if you want to support England go fly a St Georges flag, do you honestly think the English would support Scotland if the situation was reversed.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fly the union flag but that does not mean that I have to support England as in the end the Union Flag does not represent England it represents the UK as a whole at no point an individual nation if you want to support England go fly a St Georges flag, do you honestly think the English would support Scotland if the situation was reversed.

For each i have marked bold, the only thing i have not already argued, is the comment on England fans.

I have lived with my English girlfriend for almost 2 years in london until recently, and let me assure you, of all the people i knew down there, i could count with one hand the amount of people who DID say they weren't keen on Scotland.

In fact, i was at the St. George's bar (i think that was the name) in Knightsbridge, and they were going crazy because Scotland beat France.

If you want to fly a union flag, then admit to not supporting a country it represents, you do that, but i will ensure any englishman who reads this will know you(and anyone else who is of the same opinion) arent what the "Unionist" element of Rangers Football Club speaks for.

FUCK ENGLAND!

100% Scottish, and since they aint in it, im supporting Spain, and anyone who beats the English.

The english are more arrogant now theyve got the easiest group, but if they came up against Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal (even tho they 2 scraped thru) or any other Latin team they generally get pumped.

Dont get me wrong im a Rangers and Man U fan so I do like the english players, but there totally biased commentators and media just ends up making you want to see them getting pumped, and its even better if they get kicked out by some one cheating them out, ala maradona, ronaldo, etc

Anyway viva la spain

FUCK ENGLAND!

100% Scottish, and since they aint in it, im supporting Spain, and anyone who beats the English.

The english are more arrogant now theyve got the easiest group, but if they came up against Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal (even tho they 2 scraped thru) or any other Latin team they generally get pumped.

Dont get me wrong im a Rangers and Man U fan so I do like the english players, but there totally biased commentators and media just ends up making you want to see them getting pumped, and its even better if they get kicked out by some one cheating them out, ala maradona, ronaldo, etc

Anyway viva la spain

sure you wouldn't say that if it was rangers :rolleyes:

For each i have marked bold, the only thing i have not already argued, is the comment on England fans.

I have lived with my English girlfriend for almost 2 years in london until recently, and let me assure you, of all the people i knew down there, i could count with one hand the amount of people who DIDNT say they weren't keen on Scotland.

In fact, i was at the St. George's bar (i think that was the name) in Knightsbridge, and they were going crazy because Scotland beat France.

If you want to fly a union flag, then admit to not supporting a country it represents, you do that, but i will ensure any englishman who reads this will know you're(and anyone else who is of the same opinion) arent what the "Unionist" element of Rangers Football Club speaks for.

I would like to know what part of England you speak of, I used to live in Corby and have seen the trouble between the Scottish/English after playing against each other, also have family from Hartlepool/Redcar/Durham areas and never met anyone in those areas say they would support Scotland

I would like to know what part of England you speak of, I used to live in Corby and have seen the trouble between the Scottish/English after playing against each other, also have family from Hartlepool/Redcar/Durham areas and never met anyone in those areas say they would support Scotland

Knightsbridge, London.

Leeds, Yorkshire.

Newcastle, NUT.

Portsmouth (where we watched Scotland lose to Italy 1-2, afterwhich we witnessed a very lethargic crowd).

Knightsbridge, London.

Leeds, Yorkshire.

Newcastle, NUT.

Portsmouth (where we watched Scotland lose to Italy 1-2, afterwhich we witnessed a very lethargic crowd).

So that counts for a small part of England, that still does not justify that a Scotish person has to support England in the world cup

So that counts for a small part of England, that still does not justify that a Scotish person has to support England in the world cup

A small part? maybe.

Or maybe you simply can't accept the English are not as bitter about Scotland, as Scottish people are about England?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglophobia

A small part? maybe.

Or maybe you simply can't accept the English are not as bitter about Scotland, as Scottish people are about England?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglophobia

A little hint for you I am not anglophobia so dont spout that crap at me my mother is English was born in Durham but I would still not support England in the world cup.

By doing that does not make me out to have anything against the English

I am beginning to think you are English and that is your only reason for keeping this argument going on expecting us to say we are in some sort of way prejudice against them

A little hint for you I am not anglophobia so dont spout that crap at me my mother is English was born in Durham but I would still not support England in the world cup.

I am beginning to think you are English and that is your only reason for keeping this argument going on expecting us to say we are in some sort of way prejudice against them

So because i am Scottish and arguing England's case, im now all of a sudden in your eyes English?.

Did you fail to read the part where i said my missus was English?.

Even at that, why should it be seen as wrong for me to defend a country which is part of my country in Union?.

Whether you have an English mother or not dosen't matter. Whether you were born there or not dosent matter. What -DOES- matter is you would happily sit here 45 minutes ago and say you were "neutral" and now come across as "anti-english".

What also amuses me is you're signature, which potrays the national flag of England imalgimated with the flags of Ireland and Scotland.

I feel my allegation of Anglophobia is legit.

So because i am Scottish and arguing England's case, im now all of a sudden in your eyes English?.

Did you fail to read the part where i said my missus was English?.

Even at that, why should it be seen as wrong for me to defend a country which is part of my country in Union?.

Whether you have an English mother or not dosen't matter. Whether you were born there or not dosent matter. What -DOES- matter is you would happily sit here 45 minutes ago and say you were "neutral" and now come across as "anti-english".

What also amuses me is you're signature, which potrays the national flag of England imalgimated with the flags of Ireland and Scotland.

I feel my allegation of Anglophobia is legit.

Neutral = As will be following Rangers players in the group ie 2 teams England will be playing against, not going against England as my mother is English

That still does not mean that all because I am British I have to support England, and again I am not anglophobia so wipe the brown crap from your bottom lip

Neutral = As will be following Rangers players in the group ie 2 teams England will be playing against, not going against England as my mother is English

That still does not mean that all because I am British I have to support England, and again I am not anglophobia so wipe the brown crap from your bottom lip

So you claim to be "British" and a "Unionist" but won't support England? like the others, you're walking into it every time, and i've said above... if you want to keep that stance then fine, but i will ensure ANY englishman who by chance reads this, you don't symbolise the model Unionist Rangers fan/Scot (and i will safely say Scot as i am speaking with and for my dad who is a Hearts fan and would like to see them do well also)

So you claim to be "British" and a "Unionist" but won't support England? like the others, you're walking into it every time, and i've said above... if you want to keep that stance then fine, but i will ensure ANY englishman who by chance reads this, you don't symbolise the model Unionist Rangers fan/Scot (and i will safely say Scot as i am speaking with my dad who is a Hearts fan and would like to see them do well also)

See now you have come up with a difference as would like to see them do well and supporting them are 2 different things

Unionist Rangers Fan requires to support England Football in the world cup, that is a load of crap and you know it, we are Unionist for what the UK stands for but England is still a seperate nation when it comes to football, read the papers if they were so Unionist as you say they would have allowed us into the EPL but as you know we are seperate nations in terms of football and always will be

So get off your high horse if a Scotish person does not wish to support England (whether a Rangers fan or not) that is their decision does not mean that are anglophobic or anti-british etc

I think a lot of people are kind of missing the point. I want England to lose because i can't stomach their media going on about how brilliant they are. That's it, I like England, I've lived there, will live there, like the people despite their very forthright arrogance and indifference towards the other home nations. I like the players on their team, I even like the attitude a lot of their fans have, but the fact of the matter is, I hate going on to the BBC website, or the Sky Sports News channel, the Mirror, or anything else to do with UK media, and hearing about how glorious their country is despite the fact that everyone knows that ball didn't even cross the fucking line (i.e they are not good enough). Politically I am aligned with the United Kingdom, I love being British and the identity that it brings, but my point is that the English do think they are fucking fantastic and it drives me mad. From a football perspective they purely do not have the squad to win it. I can expand on this point if anyone wants but someone else will beat me to it anyway.

By the way, we would be just as bad if we were in their boat it would only be natural to think we have a good given right to win everything (and based on Rangers that's as good an argument as anyone can come up with).

Trust me guys the English are nearly as bad as the dhims when it comes to "the greatest fans in the world pish".

Front page of the Sun today had the title:

E ngland

A lgeria

S lovenia

Y anks

Hope the fuckers get pumped, bunch of neds. I'm all for the union, but i'm proudly Scottish and therefore wish these wanks no luck whatsoever :sherlock:

not bothered either way about England to be honest

(tu)

used to want them to get pumped but seeing the shite state our national team is in, it wud be nice to see a home nation doing well. Dont want them to win tho, wud never here the fucking end of it!!!!