BBC reference to Rangers

TheNuts

Malcolm Tucker: "how are the hacks?"

Steve Fleming: "ready to eat their own cocks"

Malcolm Tucker: "they're only journalists, they're not Rangers supporters"

Excellent fucking show!

disgusting. how did you find this.

I watched the show and so heard the reference, not that hard really. Only disgusting if we have become pseudo-celtic fans and therefore can't take a little jibe with the humour it was. Though if that is the case maybe we should all just get back to munching then.

FFS What is the saying?.... "Celtic are offended by everything"? Its a joke. So what. A sense of humour needed eh. Some of us are gradually turning into the paranoid, offended, moaning bastards that that lot used to be.

Well said.

Some of you really are fucking mental :lol:

Who gives a palsied fuck? The BBC doesn't owe us a good reputation, it's a comedy programme - should they be stopped from making jokes at our expense? Like it or not we have a reputation for having psychos in our support, it was just a joke!

Some of you really are fucking mental :lol:

Who gives a palsied fuck? The BBC doesn't owe us a good reputation, it's a comedy programme - should they be stopped from making jokes at our expense? Like it or not we have a reputation for having psychos in our support, it was just a joke!

Besides the BBC have made jokes about the celtic support as well. Something on Have I got News for You a few years back about Al-Quaeda offering a special deal on suitcase bombs, each one comes with a free celtic fan!

whoever was offended by this seriously needs to get a life. It's a comedy programme, have a laugh. If they had mentioned Celtic in this light would you of been complaining about it, or praising it?

I sort of like the idea that government people are more afraid of us than reporters.

Puts a slant on the old "pen is mightier than the sword" thing.

Not when it comes to Rangers fans though. The sword is mightier in this case.

We Are The People

Also, if reporters were more investigative into stories than they are now, the government might be more afraid of them. But as they just tend to report on things that are "safe" to report on, then the reporters are jokes in the eyes of government.

I sort of like the idea that government people are more afraid of us than reporters.

Puts a slant on the old "pen is mightier than the sword" thing.

Not when it comes to Rangers fans though. The sword is mightier in this case.

We Are The People

Also, if reporters were more investigative into stories than they are now, the government might be more afraid of them. But as they just tend to report on things that are "safe" to report on, then the reporters are jokes in the eyes of government.

(tu)

It's hardly a massive sleight on Rangers, anybody getting offended by an obscure comment like that to sort themselves out,

For the record Ianucci is pretty famous for his lack of knowledge or care for football, he did a sketch about it on one of shows on ch4 years ago about how people like him spout terrible football clichés down the pub to try and fit in.

Excellent fucking show!

disgusting. how did you find this.

Come on to fuck mate, so what a fictional character has a wee dig. Its not like its important, was so funny I watched it this morning first time I have ever watched it.

its just fucking disgraceful that the BBC keep having negative references to rangers.

First was Eastenders...now this

im sure it was something about either journalists for papers being idiots and then linking it to rangers fans, or about how the newspapers are biased for rangers cause all the writers are rangers fans (conservatives), cause the programme is about the Labour government.

:lol:

How can you say it was a negative reference if you're unsure whether they said 'are all' or 'are not' Rangers supporters.

Is it not the other mhob that are supposed to be offended by everything?! You don't even know what you're offended by! :lol:

:anguish:

Let's all boycott the BBC, their thousands of employees are out to rubbish our club and destory our tradition.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Take this to any "friends" you have at Pacific Quay:

This "Small" group of fans can be "Trust" ed to go all the way against the bigot broadcasting corporation.

That is all.

OK, let's have the characters substitute some of the dialogue to the following and see how they fare.

Malcolm Tucker: "How are the hacks?"

Steve Fleming: "Ready to suck cocks."

Malcolm Tucker: "They're only journalists, they're not Celtic supporters."

Yup....works for me. :rolleyes:

its just fucking disgraceful that the BBC keep having negative references to rangers.

First was Eastenders...now this

im sure it was something about either journalists for papers being idiots and then linking it to rangers fans, or about how the newspapers are biased for rangers cause all the writers are rangers fans (conservatives), cause the programme is about the Labour government.

:lol:

How can you say it was a negative reference if you're unsure whether they said 'are all' or 'are not' Rangers supporters.

Is it not the other mhob that are supposed to be offended by everything?! You don't even know what you're offended by! :lol:

Harharhar! :clap:

fuck sake, what a waste of a thread, change the names and this looks like a Kerrydale Street thread. Well done allt he sensible NORMAL fans who dont give a flying fuck. Now I'm away to cook burgers and listen to my Milli Vanilli album.