Steven Davis

Muff

Outstanding once again - the centre of midfield with two wide men is his best position!

Yet again showed that he's our best player. When he's not got the ball, he's alway's looking for it, alway's making a run, or sitting back to cover. His passing, bar a few was immense, and he, along with McCulloch kept both Gomis, and Bauben quiet. He's not scared to put a foot in, or challenge for a ball in the air, alway's looks to pick out a pass, and has some engine in him.

It also helps when there is a right back in the team who can defend, and players who are actually looking for the ball - at times there is too much pressure on him, and he's asked to do too much.

Keep it up :clap:

I've been telling anyone,who cares to listen for the last year or so.Steven Davis is probably the best, natural footballer to hit the SPL since Brian Laudrup. (tu)

I have been critical of his consistency, his apparent lack of fitness or desire at times and the tendency to go missing in games, but tonight he stood up to be counted,never stopped running, went in to tackles, spread the ball well,ran with the ball attacking their defence. A superb performance where the only criticism I have is his free kicks, wish he would stop taking them.

I have been critical of his consistency, his apparent lack of fitness or desire at times and the tendency to go missing in games, but tonight he stood up to be counted,never stopped running, went in to tackles, spread the ball well,ran with the ball attacking their defence. A superb performance where the only criticism I have is his free kicks, wish he would stop taking them.

I'm totally amazed,his set pieces are so bad too doc. :blush:

Anyway, ignore those two - Steven Davis was outstanding, long may it continue :clap:

ignore what two?....

all us bears know how good Steven Davis is ,playing where he should be ,we have said such for nearly a year now ,

its just worrying that the LEGGEND that is walter smith has taken so long to realise such ....or will that change at the weekend? WHO FUCKING KNOWS ..

Read the whole thread, and work it out ffs.

NOW ALL of what you have said about him has been true ,he has been a passenger for too long..SMITH IS TO BLAME FOR THAT.

SMITH has stuck him out in a position that has been clear to everyone that doesnt suit the guy...he is a playmaker ,infact he is an alrounder and oh so effective if indeed played in a position he is confident in...and you know what ,funnily enough davis is playing at a level of football that confidence is a big part ,,

so its no wonder the guy looked lost ,non interested and indeed knackered cause mentally playing in a role he hated drained him.....smiths fucking fault..

any time davis has played in the middle of the park he has looked a different player,class infact,,,so why the fuck has SMITH taken so long to realise this if he is so good a manager ffs ,,NO WAY ,reeks of him having no clue tbh ...and if anyone can convince me that davis is better wide right or nacho is better on the bench ,or indeed WILSON deserved to be dropped ,and that boyd doesnt deserve to play(cause incase most have forgot SMITH never played boyd for long enough or left him out more than not),honestly for those that love smith and cant see by the guy ,this topic SPEAKS VOLUMES about him tbh...

SMITH ,,DAVIS IS A LEADER ,not a fucking also ran stuck out wide to be forgot about ..A COVER UP FOR WHITTAKER is what he had become...call yourself OUR SAVIOUR took you long enough to save S.DAVIS ..now get your finger out and save US...

NOW ALL of what you have said about him has been true ,he has been a passenger for too long..SMITH IS TO BLAME FOR THAT.

SMITH has stuck him out in a position that has been clear to everyone that doesnt suit the guy...he is a playmaker ,infact he is an alrounder and oh so effective if indeed played in a position he is confident in...and you know what ,funnily enough davis is playing at a level of football that confidence is a big part ,,

so its no wonder the guy looked lost ,non interested and indeed knackered cause mentally playing in a role he hated drained him.....smiths fucking fault..

any time davis has played in the middle of the park he has looked a different player,class infact,,,so why the fuck has SMITH taken so long to realise this if he is so good a manager ffs ,,NO WAY ,reeks of him having no clue tbh ...and if anyone can convince me that davis is better wide right or nacho is better on the bench ,or indeed WILSON deserved to be dropped ,and that boyd doesnt deserve to play(cause incase most have forgot SMITH never played boyd for long enough or left him out more than not),honestly for those that love smith and cant see by the guy ,this topic SPEAKS VOLUMES about him tbh...

SMITH ,,DAVIS IS A LEADER ,not a fucking also ran stuck out wide to be forgot about ..A COVER UP FOR WHITTAKER is what he had become...call yourself OUR SAVIOUR took you long enough to save S.DAVIS ..now get your finger out and save US...

thats just fucking crazy but have to say your correct ABOUT FUCKING TIME SMITH (tu)

My criticism of Davis is his decision making is far too slow sometimes. Also far too many of his passes are shite.

Watch him when he carries the ball close to the box. He thinks too much -- like Miller. Give him time to think -- and it's an opportunity wasted.

But should always play in the middle. That much is evident.

Still too inconsistent for me to be a fan. I'd give him 7/10 for tonight though. A few wasted passes.. and in the first half couldn't make up his mind quick enough on the break when we essentially had a 3 against 1.

My criticism of Davis is his decision making is far too slow sometimes. Also far too many of his passes are shite.

Watch him when he carries the ball close to the box. He thinks too much -- like Miller. Give him time to think -- and it's an opportunity wasted.

Still too inconsistent for me to be a fan. I'd give him 7/10 for tonight though. A few wasted passes.. and in the first half couldn't make up his mind quick enough on the break when we essentially had a 3 against 1.

what the fuck do you want him to do hes told to hold the ball up and find the perfect pass and he works like a engine hes diffently better than any of our other centre midfielders who are all wasters compared to davis and mendes whos passes create goals

He seems a far better player in the centre, I could tell he had very good technique but his ability was wasted on the flank, he can't really create much out wide, easily our best midfielder and hopefully his great form will continue.

Outstanding once again - the centre of midfield with two wide men is his best position!

Yet again showed that he's our best player. When he's not got the ball, he's alway's looking for it, alway's making a run, or sitting back to cover. His passing, bar a few was immense, and he, along with McCulloch kept both Gomis, and Bauben quiet. He's not scared to put a foot in, or challenge for a ball in the air, alway's looks to pick out a pass, and has some engine in him.

It also helps when there is a right back in the team who can defend, and players who are actually looking for the ball - at times there is too much pressure on him, and he's asked to do too much.

Keep it up :clap:

He wa fucking superb tonight. Always seemed to be one step ahead of the rest, WS seems to have found his best spot.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I must admin (tin hat on) that i like Davis at RM.

Theres no doubt he is very good in the middle with his pace and energy and obvious ability but last season he had a brilliant understanding with Broadfoot and isnt scared to get back and help defend.

Beasley done that very well tonight and at the weekend, he wasnt scared to do the dirty work and put a good shift in but whenever Naismith,Rothen or the likes have played there they dont help and leave the RB exposed.

I would love to see,

Beasley Edu Mendes Davis

I think that would be a brilliant midfield!

The requirement to make quick decisions is only there because he's running full tilt at the defence with the ball at his feet, taking the game to the opposition, driving on the Rangers!

It's far easier to make the right decision when you're choice is between a 5 yard sqaure ball to Weir and a 5 yard square ball to papac ala Thomson

Davis was simply inspirational last night :praise:

He's the best footballer in Scotland.

I think he's better at CM, but he's also very good at RM.

If the other team were on his wavelength (it's fair to say that only Mendes is), then we'd be looking even better!

Seems to like Tannadice as well, last game of the season he was superb, last night outstanding and the abandoned game he was also a stand out, he is a clever player with excellent vision and close control.
and scored the goal in the abandoned game (tu)

Steven Davis is by far the best midfielder in Scotland! A truly terrific football player.

Last night he was in 2nd gear at times and he was still controlling the game. And with the return of Edu it can only help him.