Motherwell Team News

Boab

Neil Alexander should remain in the goals!

100% agree with this, 2 clean sheets, not put a foot wrong, no doubt McGregor will get the nod though.

I would have normally agreed here HOWEVER McGregor has been our best player in the past month or so IMO therefore he deserves to come back into the starting 11.

Alexander (as much as I like him and has served us well) will only play as a backup keeper and thats it, he knows and we know it.

One change Smith might make could see the return of Allan McGregor in goal after Neil Alexander deputised for the last two victories, keeping clean sheets in both.

McGregor is over a hamstring strain and Smith admits it is not an easy decision to pick between two quality shot stoppers.

He added: "Allan is fit and available again and it gives me one of those decisions you have as a manager. It's never easy one when you have two good goalkeepers but it's a nice decision to have to make."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1909015

Neil Alexander should remain in the goals!

100% agree with this, 2 clean sheets, not put a foot wrong, no doubt McGregor will get the nod though.

Only agree in the context that it gives McGregor a longer rest, Broadfoot should keep his place two games back and no defensive leaks causing goals... ;)

Smith will be without Edu for today's clash but believes the USA star - who has his sights set on next summer's World Cup Finals - will be fit to face Celtic on January 3.

Smith added: "It doesn't matter to me what the motivation is. If it's the World Cup fair enough, as long as they keep playing. It's a benefit to Rangers.

"He showed in the latter part of last season that he's a good player.He'll be up and running soon."

Smith knows a win can put his side four points clear of Celtic.

He said: "There's been a lot happening around the place that hasn't been good so to go back to the top was a big thing for our lads."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...he-merrier.html

Here's how I see the keeper situation:

Alexander never puts a foot wrong and has once again covered well when we need him, but if McGregor is fully fit, then he should start because it has been decided that he is our 1st choice kepper.

Cruel on Neil, but football can be cruel, especially for keepers.

Here's how I see the keeper situation:

Alexander never puts a foot wrong and has once again covered well when we need him, but if McGregor is fully fit, then he should start because it has been decided that he is our 1st choice kepper.

Cruel on Neil, but football can be cruel, especially for keepers.

I'm sure his £10,000 + a week will dull the pain.