Kirk Broadfoot

Back_Murray

I've been very impressed by Kirk Broadfoot in the last few weeks since he's returned to the team and to be honest it was about time as Whittaker really needed to be dropped, his good form at the end of last season had evaportated.

However why did Walter start Broadfoot today? In all the Old Firm games that we've played Celtic, Broadfoot has been appalling and is constantly done by McGeady, I'm not going to pretend that Whittaker is a fantastic fullback but he'd have coped far better with McGeady's pace today than Broadfoot would have. If we're being honest and not looking through our Rangers spectacles then Broadfoot was beaten time and time again by McGeady today, he very rarely got the tackle in and was constantly beaten. I'm a big fan of Walter but he erred by starting Broadfoot over Whittaker at RB and he should know by now that Broadfoot cannot handle McGeady, it happens every single Old Firm game.

I've been very impressed by Kirk Broadfoot in the last few weeks since he's returned to the team and to be honest it was about time as Whittaker really needed to be dropped, his good form at the end of last season had evaportated.

However why did Walter start Broadfoot today? In all the Old Firm games that we've played Celtic, Broadfoot has been appalling and is constantly done by McGeady, I'm not going to pretend that Whittaker is a fantastic fullback but he'd have coped far better with McGeady's pace today than Broadfoot would have. If we're being honest and not looking through our Rangers spectacles then Broadfoot was beaten time and time again by McGeady today, he very rarely got the tackle in and was constantly beaten. I'm a big fan of Walter but he erred by starting Broadfoot over Whittaker at RB and he should know by now that Broadfoot cannot handle McGeady, it happens every single Old Firm game.

yeah i know mate, i'm still a bit weary of him, hes still abit appalling as you said and he can't handle mcgeady :'(

big broadfoot got roasted today, he was poor, very slow, but he never had pace anyway

hes still just back from long term injury, it will take time

whittaker is just as suspect at right back, its a problem position atm

He is always shite in the OF games!

Absolutely agree (tu)

McGeady would have done Whittaker as easily as he did Broadfoot.

Do you not remember Sevilla, Uniera, Stuttgart, Aberdeen and all the other games where players walked past Whittaker for fun?

Was it Whittaker or Broadfoot who conceded the penalty when McGeady did them in last year's CIS Cup final? Was it an error by Whittaker or Broadfoot to allow Scott McDonald to score against us at Ibrox at the end of 2008?

Whittaker has a far better track record in Old Firm games.

Seriously?

Whittaker cant handle, ANYONE.

He is always shite in the OF games!

Absolutely agree (tu)

McGeady would have done Whittaker as easily as he did Broadfoot.

Do you not remember Sevilla, Uniera, Stuttgart, Aberdeen and all the other games where players walked past Whittaker for fun?

Was it Whittaker or Broadfoot who conceded the penalty when McGeady did them in last year's CIS Cup final? Was it an error by Whittaker or Broadfoot to allow Scott McDonald to score against us at Ibrox at the end of 2008?

Whittaker has a far better track record in Old Firm games.

Was it Whittakers late tackle that allowed McGeady to get his cross in for McDonald to score?

A lot of people think Broadfoot has got McGeady's number because he flicked the ball over his head once in that 4-2 game, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Wee Aids is certainly enjoying the freedom that comes with being out of Alan Hutton's pocket.

You wouldnt drop Broadfoot just because he's not been good in past old firm games though.

You play the guy thats in form, which is Broadfoot.

Both are as bad as each other. Mr Gran could skin both of them and whip in a cross.

I thought he had a decent game. Was always there to cover for the numerous times big Davie was caught out.

I'm with you Bazza. (tu)

Same.

If you are saying Whittaker should be played ahead of Broadfoot in OF match then you are totally wrong.

We have no one else, hes our best option, there is no more Hutton get over it.

He started at right back because he is a better player than Steven Whittaker, and he certainly wasn't the worst player on the park today!

None of our full backs are good enough, but Papac and Broadfoot are the best we have. Once again Aiden McGeady walked past both Broadfoot, and Whittaker!

The lack of pace, when Madjid Bougherra is out, is fucking embarrassing. Just watching Weir, Papac, Broadfoot, Whittaker....trying to get back, or keep up with a player with any sort of pace, is cringeworthy.

We came away with a point so I will give both eggman and Whitey a bye, as long as they do the business for the remaining games. Remember we can't go out and buy a right back just to play against the scum.

boadfoot was utter pish.

i think it has not been proved that whittaker is a better player...he makes tackles and scores some goals.

not seen broadfoot score in ages!

Whittaker making tackles or u having a fuckin joke, he is not a RB and never will be