Any word on Novo's injury?

Dietspam

Thought it was just a deed leg at first, but the Sky Sports Doctor (Did i hear that right, sky have a doctor?) said something was bleeding internally, and can lead to a player being out for a few weeks.

I missed most of the second half, not sure if it was mentioned then. Any word?

RANGERS will find out this week how long Nacho Novo is likely to be out for after he came off in the early stages of today's Old Firm game.

The Spanish striker collided with Georgios Samaras at Parkhead with the scoreline locked at 0-0 and needed treatment on a thigh injury from physio Pip Yeates.

But after trying to continue playing, Novo was unable to do so and had to make way for Mo Edu after just 13 minutes.

The problem is just below the 30-year-old's hip and is the type which could take some time to clear.

Gers will have a better idea of how serious the issue is in the next day or two once it settles down a little.

Manager Walter Smith said: "It's a knock in the thigh but I don't know how bad it will be. It was a blow to lose Nacho so early in the game."

Novo has joined a number of other players on the sidelines at Ibrox, with Pedro Mendes, Kevin Thomson, Steven Naismith and DaMarcus Beasley all crocked.

Jerome Rothen is also still missing while Kenny Miller is currently serving an SPL ban and Madjid Bougherra is away preparing for the African Cup of Nations.

One player not yet out though is Kris Boyd, who it was assumed had collected a booking that will lead to a suspension this afternoon.

As it was, his caution as Parkhead was just his fifth in the league this term and he's still at least one more from a ban.

From the official site (tu)

During the game they said he's be out for a week or 2.

Anytime he starts playing well and gets a run in the team he gets injured, he really has no luck at all. I hope he gets back as soon as possible.

Thought it was just a deed leg at first, but the Sky Sports Doctor (Did i hear that right, sky have a doctor?) said something was bleeding internally, and can lead to a player being out for a few weeks.

:lol: No, they don't.

That was David Tanner, Sky's Touchline Correspondent.

Don't replace the small and quick Novo with the slow and lumbering Lafferty.

Put in Fleck, keep the width and the pace and we'll be fine.

(tu) totally agree we will miss the wee man but fleck will do a better job than lafferty out wide.

(tu) totally agree we will miss the wee man but fleck will do a better job than lafferty out wide.

Fleck's mum would do a better job than Lafferty out there....

Or whack in Wylde who is actually a wide player.

Or this.

Can we have any more than two players under 20 in a Walter Smith SPL line-up though?

It was mentioned that he has a haemoglobin (sp) problem in his thigh.

Similar to a blood clot and it could take a while to settle down.

thats already been mentioned, you were nearly right

They talked about a haematoma, which is basically a bad bruise. Bleeding within tissue. It is technically internal bleeding, but then so is a bruise

:lol: I could have sworn it said something about a Doctor...

:lol: I could have sworn it said something about a Doctor...

Crocker called him "Dr Tanner" or something like that :lol:

During the game they said he's be out for a week or 2.

Anytime he starts playing well and gets a run in the team he gets injured, he really has no luck at all. I hope he gets back as soon as possible.

Seems to happen a lot, Lafferty seemed to be coming on to a game last season before he got injured, not really showed much since.