Togo team bus under fire

whitey126

crazy bastards!

Togo football team's bus fired on

A bus carrying Togo's national football team to the Africa Cup of Nations has been hit by machine-gun fire, injuring two players, reports say.

The reported incident occurred as the bus was en route to Angola from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The Africa Cup of Nations is due to start in Angola on Sunday.

Togo's first game is to be played on Monday in the oil-rich northern territory of Cabinda, where rebels have been fighting for independence.

The identities of the wounded players are not known. There are unconfirmed reports of serious injuries.

The Togolese team includes Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8449319.stm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always a risk of these things happening in the lesser developed parts of Africa

True mate they are all a bit nuts, did something similar not happen in India with a cricket team?

I think there was an attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team last year, which happened in Pakistan- wouldn't be surprised if India's got attacked at some point as well

There's always a risk of these things happening in the lesser developed parts of Africa

True mate they are all a bit nuts, did something similar not happen in India with a cricket team?

I think there was an attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team last year, which happened in Pakistan- wouldn't be surprised if India's got attacked at some point as well

Thats what I was thinking of I got mixed up with India and Pakistan (tu)