These tims won't shut up about Boyd

On the phone-ins they won't shut up because he has beaten Larsson's record, so I did a few calculations to see how their ratios compare. This is for all league goals and not just the SPL, it includes 1 season of Scottish Premier Division for Larsson, and Boyd's statistics are only for Rangers.

Larsson

Games : 221 (3 as sub)

Goals : 173

Ratio : 0.7828

Boyd

Games : 130 (24 as sub)

Goals : 97

Ratio : 0.746

However if you treat sub appearances as .5 of a game (they are less than that in reality) then the stats are like this:

Larsson

Games: 219.5

Goals: 173

Ratio: 173/219.5 = 0.788

Boyd

Games: 118

Goals: 97

Ratio: 97/118 = 0.822

Take into account that Boyd is also substituted off the park far more than Larsson ever was. What do you think of these, do you think they would be discredited because you can't put a value like 0.5 on sub appearances?

I don't really care tbh. All I know is that Larsson was in the past and Boyd is the present and the future.

They are just running scared. They will hold onto the past like fuck. See Lisbon Lions, MON, Larsson.

Just now they have pish, pish and more pish. So you can see why they talk about the past.

Kris Boyd has scored 160 SPL goals, Larsson has scored 158.

Kris Boyd played for Kilmarnock and still banged in 60 odd goals.

Kris Boyd has had less starts than Larsson.

Kris Boyd has the record, Henrik Larsson does not. I guess that's another record the Glasgow Rangers have broke, get that one up you Timmy :)

I don't really care tbh. All I know is that Larsson was in the past and Boyd is the present and the future.

They are just running scared. They will hold onto the past like fuck. See Lisbon Lions, MON, Larsson.

Just now they have pish, pish and more pish. So you can see why they talk about the past.

That's exactly it mate, they're all on saying that he has no ambition if he doesn't move. The truth is they will all be glad to see the back of him, just like I was when Larsson went. This is almost 2 weeks since he broke the record and they are still going on about it, that's just about all the phone-ins have been about. :anguish:

The scum thought that larsson's record was totally unbeatable and now that it is beaten by a rangers player who scores and make it seem effortless they can't hack it because "larsson made his own goals through skill and determination" bla bla bla, end of the day Kris Boyd is KING OF THE SPL :praise: :praise:

'stick your Henrik Larsson up your arse' :21:

Given the number of times Boyd was put on in the last 5-10 mins and expected to swing the game I'd say .5 for a subs appearance is far from fair on Boydy. Also you have to factor in the times Boyd was played as a lone striker, and there's also the varying quality of teamates he's played with in the SPL.

He's top scorer because he's a prolific striker of the ball, and no amount of turd polishing from that lot will change a thing.

Given the number of times Boyd was put on in the last 5-10 mins and expected to swing the game I'd say .5 for a subs appearance is far from fair on Boydy. Also you have to factor in the times Boyd was played as a lone striker, and there's also the varying quality of teamates he's played with in the SPL.

He's top scorer because he's a prolific striker of the ball, and no amount of turd polishing from that lot will change a thing.

Aye and the amount of times he is substituted off the pitch as well. If we were to get the amount of minutes they have both played and work out the minutes/goals ratio that would be the only way to prove who had the best ratio, but who the fuck is going to do that. :lol:

Who cares anyway, Boyd has the record. :21:

stats are facts

facts are Boyd has a better record

t******* hate facts and change stats to suite themselves

they are desperate for him to go

i was laughing my ass off listening to them slabbering about Boyd having no ambition!!! loooooool

hes at the best club in the world, hes at the club of his dreams, hes got the best job in the world

his ambition is to be Rangers all time goal scorer, not a bit part player like Larsson was at Man U and Barca, Boyd has real ambitions and it involves Rangers FC, why does that lack ambition?, i bet he would love another European Final for Rangers, why is that lacking ambition?

In Kris we trust

Aye at Hogmanay my timmy mate came up 2 me nasked who was the better player. When i said Boyd he stormed off in the huff. That was about ther only goalscoring record they had. I'm sure Super Ally's got the rest of them

Aye at Hogmanay my timmy mate came up 2 me nasked who was the better player. When i said Boyd he stormed off in the huff. That was about ther only goalscoring record they had. I'm sure Super Ally's got the rest of them

:lol:

magic

(tu)

another one they don;t like is when we talk about the gulf in class Sellik (with Larsson) v most teams in the SPl at a time when bookies were taking odds on the OF winning 10-0. Boyd has played in some pretty shitey teams!

another one they don;t like is when we talk about the gulf in class Sellik (with Larsson) v most teams in the SPl at a time when bookies were taking odds on the OF winning 10-0. Boyd has played in some pretty shitey teams!

great point

the gap between us and provincial clubs on the park is closer nowadays, they were shite back then

On the phone-ins they won't shut up because he has beaten Larsson's record, so I did a few calculations to see how their ratios compare. This is for all league goals and not just the SPL, it includes 1 season of Scottish Premier Division for Larsson, and Boyd's statistics are only for Rangers.

Larsson

Boyd

However if you treat sub appearances as .5 of a game (they are less than that in reality) then the stats are like this:

Larsson

Boyd

Take into account that Boyd is also substituted off the park far more than Larsson ever was. What do you think of these, do you think they would be discredited because you can't put a value like 0.5 on sub appearances?

I was listening to Clyde1 then tuned into real radio at 7. I'm positive that there was 1 guy on clyde talking bout larsonns jock strap and that it wudnt fit boyd or summit, fuk knows, anyway wen I then tuned real radio the exact same guy was on RR sayin the exact same thing about jockstraps. I actually thot I was losing the plot but it was defo the same guy with the same story, henrik Larson this and henrik Larson that. Fuk off timmy. Boyd is the top spl scorer of all time-fact.

I posted a reply to the OP but my text doesn't seem to b on the page, only the qoute I took from the OP is able to b viewed, admin? Any help?

Sorted it for you.

thanx Gary, tryin to get used to posting with my iPhone, not as easy the laptop by any means

Larsson

Boyd

Larsson

Boyd

I was listening to Clyde1 then tuned into real radio at 7. I'm positive that there was 1 guy on clyde talking bout larsonns jock strap and that it wudnt fit boyd or summit, fuk knows, anyway wen I then tuned real radio the exact same guy was on RR sayin the exact same thing about jockstraps. I actually thot I was losing the plot but it was defo the same guy with the same story, henrik Larson this and henrik Larson that. Fuk off timmy. Boyd is the top spl scorer of all time-fact.

was that laurie from bishopbriggs, sometimes dennistoun?

he always phones the 2 shows

a right tripper

used to talk a good game, but now he just sounds bitter, maybe its coz his team are not champions anymore

he he

(tu)

It was him flecky Your rite. It seemed to be the exact same story on shows with the same tone of voice, I really did think I was listening to Clyde 1's podcast of tonights show rather than real radios live show, lol