Kyle Lafferty

Herrbear

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I truly despair of Rangers fans sometimes! let's look at some of the criticisms levelled against the guy;

1. He cost four million - hardly his fault is it?

2. He cost more than Laudrup - so pathetic and illogical it doesn't deserve a response.

3. He can't win balls in the air - utter pish and a complete myth.

4. He can't pass - again, utter pish. He finds a man more than 90% of the time. Another bullshit myth by people who latch onto the few passes he does put astray and cite them as evience.

5. He gets caught offside - fuck sake, who doesn't? Boyd does about six times a game!

6. He can't play as a winger - I agree. Again, not his fault. Even McCoist and Smith accept responsibility for playing him here.

I've lost count of the amount of times he has won corners and free kicks (which have led to goals) due to his running at teams. Try watching the games again objectively.

The guy has T*******, sheep-shaggers and the media on his case just now. Give him a fucking break.

lol you are talkin thru ur arse mate. Lafferty is a disgrace in the air! how u can say otherwise is beyond me! beaten off 5'10 defenders every week when he should be winnin most of the balls up to him. Winning free kicks and corners??? wtf are you talkin about! the corner vs celtic...thats it. Wow 4million pounds well spent cos he won a corner.

(tu)

Tin hat on. When he has been given a decent run in his natural position he has actually looked a player. Rather than the Capucho school of transfers this one is in the Tore Andre Flo school. We have paid over the odds and the guy gets hit over the head with it all the time. Not his fault his chairman wanted more money for him. Doesn't help his cause that he's gangly and looks awkward but he has a decent touch and can finish.

Guys on here always want a scapegoat. Now McCulloch is playing bettter they've turned their attetion to Lafferty. Same culprits it must be said and the same that are always first to go sniff sniff. :pierre:

Tin hat on. When he has been given a decent run in his natural position he has actually looked a player. Rather than the Capucho school of transfers this one is in the Tore Andre Flo school. We have paid over the odds and the guy gets hit over the head with it all the time. Not his fault his chairman wanted more money for him. Doesn't help his cause that he's gangly and looks awkward but he has a decent touch and can finish.

Guys on here always want a scapegoat. Now McCulloch is playing bettter they've turned their attetion to Lafferty. Same culprits it must be said and the same that are always first to go sniff sniff. :pierre:

They're paid enough to take flak mate. Even McCoist had his flak period!

Are you saying Lafferty will be a better player if he is the perpetual scapegoat? If you are, you are talking out of your arse.

When exactly was that? I cant remember at any point thinking that Lafferty looked like he was anything other than average.

I remember today, Lafferty got the ball and he shielded it from an Accies player. Broadfoot made a run in front of him and the simple play was to pass it to him. Instead he tried the Accies defender, turning into another player and losing the ball. He gave up possession while Broadfoot was completely out of position.

He was worse than useless today. Continues to utterly disappoint.

Exactly. A fucking joke.

Funny how the most vitriol has occured post Hinkel-tackle. I have my suspicions of a few on here.

There's flack and then there's a hate camaign. Some players seem to get away with underperforming whereas others get jumped on for anything. He's not helped himself by some of the stuff has done granted but looking at him solely from a football perspective he's not as bad as some on here would have you believe. Did some intelligent running in the second half today.

Now look at a guy like Fleck who has done less than nothing since he got his chance. Seems to get off scot free on here despite the fact that everytime he comes on the park he gives the ball to the other team more than a blue jersey. There is a guy that I would criticise but he's considered young and hasn't had the opportunities. Lafferty falls into that categroy too but everyone's quick to jump on him and the ego on Fleck is far greater.

When exactly was that? I cant remember at any point thinking that Lafferty looked like he was anything other than average.

Take the blinkers off then.

There's flack and then there's a hate camaign. Some players seem to get away with underperforming whereas others get jumped on for anything. He's not helped himself by some of the stuff has done

The only thing that he has done that I would disagre with was the 'dive'. However, even with that, he's hardly the first or last cunt to do it.

I find it staggring that there 'sbeen more 'Rangers' fan condemnation of him than there has been of Dodds last week.

There's flack and then there's a hate camaign. Some players seem to get away with underperforming whereas others get jumped on for anything. He's not helped himself by some of the stuff has done granted but looking at him solely from a football perspective he's not as bad as some on here would have you believe. Did some intelligent running in the second half today.

Now look at a guy like Fleck who has done less than nothing since he got his chance. Seems to get off scot free on here despite the fact that everytime he comes on the park he gives the ball to the other team more than a blue jersey. There is a guy that I would criticise but he's considered young and hasn't had the opportunities. Lafferty falls into that categroy too but everyone's quick to jump on him and the ego on Fleck is far greater.

After last week's lack of effort , i can defend him no more . I just don't see how he can get any better for us . We are not his club. Somewhere else might be the making of him . Funny old game and all that!

There's flack and then there's a hate camaign. Some players seem to get away with underperforming whereas others get jumped on for anything. He's not helped himself by some of the stuff has done

The only thing that he has done that I would disagre with was the 'dive'. However, even with that, he's hardly the first or last cunt to do it.

I find it staggring that there 'sbeen more 'Rangers' fan condemnation of him than there has been of Dodds last week.

Exactly. What chance have we got when we treat our own this way. Dodds was a disgrace yet as usual there's been silence. I was at the Dundee United game everyone sittingaround me were right on Miller's case but I said at the time that Dodds is an animal and I'd want to see the replays before condemning him and as predicted they show this disgrace to be at it again.

By my reckoning laffertys goals have cost Rangers including wages, about £460,000 each. Hardly an equitable return.

How much have Davis's goals cost us then? and he's had far more minutes on the field than Lafferty. Poor argument. I might accept this if he were being played as a striker but wait he's yet another square peg in a round hole to accomodate a summer where we spent £5 Million plus on strikers when Christian Dailly was our midfield doh

By my reckoning laffertys goals have cost Rangers including wages, about £460,000 each. Hardly an equitable return.

Pointless comment.

As you are apparently president of the no hopers fan club, you will be used to being pointless a bit like lafferty is to football or us. :pierre:

The management say it's not ideal playing him out wide, so why do they continue to do so?

Injuries or not, we could change things about or given other's a game before Lafferty, who just cannot play out on the right or left. It's like playing with a man down.

And I wouldn't like to give him the chance upfront either, because he is absolutely hopeless!

Exactly. What chance have we got when we treat our own this way. Dodds was a disgrace yet as usual there's been silence. I was at the Dundee United game everyone sittingaround me were right on Miller's case but I said at the time that Dodds is an animal and I'd want to see the replays before condemning him and as predicted they show this disgrace to be at it again.

There was a thread condemning Dods!

Why do people keep insisting he is a striker? I know he insists he is but I and all his club managers cannot see it. His feeble attempts at trying to play through the middle in the second half just emphasises to me he is not a striker; slow reactions,unwilling or unable to make strikers runs, poor balance and slow feet.