Rangers Fans Have to Wisen Up

Ruddie

6ft 4 white man can't jump.

The guy next to me yesterday went absolutely fucking apeshit when Trent McLenahan (5ft 9) beat Lafferty in a header.

And there's the rub. How can we disagree when such an authority as the guy next to you said so?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy next to me yesterday went absolutely fucking apeshit when Trent McLenahan (5ft 9) beat Lafferty in a header.

It was astonishing.

Oh so did I! It was the same against the Utd 5ft 9 full back!!

Lafferty also got raped at the back post for Hamilton's 2nd goal at the weekend - didn't even get off the ground.

But hey, those things don't affect Ruddie's stats so it doesn't matter lol.

As fans we have a tolerance level but losing headers against someone who comes up to your shoulder is just unacceptable - and that's even if the unacceptable tariff wasn't in play by not being able to control a football!

If you watch Hamiltons second goal again you will see that Lafferty is pushed in the back just as he is about to go for the ball, but hey those things don't affect your stats so it doesn't matter.

It was astonishing.

Oh so did I! It was the same against the Utd 5ft 9 full back!!

Lafferty also got raped at the back post for Hamilton's 2nd goal at the weekend - didn't even get off the ground.

But hey, those things don't affect Ruddie's stats so it doesn't matter lol.

As fans we have a tolerance level but losing headers against someone who comes up to your shoulder is just unacceptable - and that's even if the unacceptable tariff wasn't in play by not being able to control a football!

If you watch Hamiltons second goal again you will see that Lafferty is pushed in the back just as he is about to go for the ball, but hey those things don't affect your stats so it doesn't matter.

Maybe he was feeling for a backbone.... :craphead:

Lafferty has been shite. Im not some "big boy" thats just my opinion and the opinion of most others on RM. He gets stick bcos he doesnt produce same way miller and boyd did. They got there act together Lafferty hasntand i wud be surprised if he does.

p.s why dont u change this to the I love lafferty thread.

Surely you are acting a "big boy" by telling us to get our act together???????????????????

And there's the rub. How can we disagree when such an authority as the guy next to you said so?

A 6'4 man got beat in the air by a 5'9 guy.

I saw it with my own eyes, so I have no idea what you're pedalling here.

Maybe he was just surprised by it. Seeing Lafferty lose header after header to people that don't reach his shoulder is no longer a new thing to me, hence why I wasn't so shocked.

The media are always an easy scapegoat (often deservedly), but they haven't fabricated the teeth-clenchingly annoying arrogance of Lafferty. It's there in what he says.

Unless you have spoken to him personally, your statement contradicts itself and is exactly what I am talking about.

His media image is exactly that; a product of a media which has no obvious love for all things Rangers.

:lol:

You're struggling here, aren't you?

They've quoted exactly what he said, which I find arrogant. If they have misrepresented him after an interview like that, which has made a double page spread in the middle of a Sunday paper, then I expect him to take them to court.

The truth of it is, he is getting arrogant and with some one who has limited ability, he really needs to wise up and get his head down and work hard because he is going to find himself on the way out soon. I have no doubt a championship club would buy him. He is acting like a cock with those comments though. Charlie Nicolas scored a lot of goals, more goals than Lafferty is going to score if we are being honest.

It's all fine and well slagging him off for his opinions but you are getting cained by your supporters man. Don't you see how poor that is?

The media are always an easy scapegoat (often deservedly), but they haven't fabricated the teeth-clenchingly annoying arrogance of Lafferty. It's there in what he says.

Unless you have spoken to him personally, your statement contradicts itself and is exactly what I am talking about.

His media image is exactly that; a product of a media which has no obvious love for all things Rangers.

Correct Mate, keep up the good fight. I like your style ! (tu):sherlock:

They've quoted exactly what he said, which I find arrogant. If they have misrepresented him after an interview like that, which has made a double page spread in the middle of a Sunday paper, then I expect him to take them to court.

I'm struggling to make sense of your logic, yes.

How do you know they have quoted exactly what he said, were you there? Ask yourself this; how long did it take you to read the article? seven minutes? maybe ten? are you telling me that this interview took place over, at most, ten minutes? reporter pitches up at one o'clock and has left by ten past? Thier conversation will have taken place probably over at least an hour. The 'reporter' will have chipped away, time and again until he got the juiciest of quotes. I would love to see the full transcipt of the interview. My money is on page after page of boring pish and baiting which Lafferty never rose to, until he finally (after no doubt being encouraged by nods, smiles and winks), had a pretty mild dig at that fanny Nicholas.

And before you ask, no I wasn't there either. However, the above is basic tabloid journalism 101. To be honest, if all that reporter got out of Kyle lafferty was a remark about his car, his bird and a dig at Nicholas, then I would say it says more for Lafferty's restraint and professional than some headline-fretting, deadline-fretting, hack 'journalist'.

You take the word of the West of Scotland media over Lafferty if you want. I prefer to give the guy in the Rangers top my support over them any fucking day.

Lafferty has been shite. Im not some "big boy" thats just my opinion and the opinion of most others on RM. He gets stick bcos he doesnt produce same way miller and boyd did. They got there act together Lafferty hasntand i wud be surprised if he does.

That's the point. People like you aren't even prepared to give him the chance, you're more interested in following the Rangers mob-mentality of singling out one player because the team aren't playing a certain way.

Pick on player for 'being' shit, hound him every time he make the same fuck up as any other player in the team, convince yourself he is shit = self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anyway, you continue with your shite. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

That's the point. People like you aren't even prepared to give him the chance, you're more interested in following the Rangers mob-mentality of singling out one player because the team aren't playing a certain way.

Pick on player for 'being' shit, hound him every time he make the same fuck up as any other player in the team, convince yourself he is shit = self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anyway, you continue with your shite. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Poor Lafferty so misunderstood. He is a twat who thinks he's big time because he got a move to Rangers. He seems to think the fans should love him just because he's Northern Irish.

When he starts to look like a £4 million player and stops making a fool of himself and our club with his actions on the park and in the media then I will be the first to praise him.

On the other hand perhaps he deserves some sympathy? Anyone who was still sporting a mullet last year is clearly not the full ticket.

I'm struggling to make sense of your logic, yes.

How do you know they have quoted exactly what he said, were you there? Ask yourself this; how long did it take you to read the article? seven minutes? maybe ten? are you telling me that this interview took place over, at most, ten minutes? reporter pitches up at one o'clock and has left by ten past? Thier conversation will have taken place probably over at least an hour. The 'reporter' will have chipped away, time and again until he got the juiciest of quotes. I would love to see the full transcipt of the interview. My money is on page after page of boring pish and baiting which Lafferty never rose to, until he finally (after no doubt being encouraged by nods, smiles and winks), had a pretty mild dig at that fanny Nicholas.

And before you ask, no I wasn't there either. However, the above is basic tabloid journalism 101. To be honest, if all that reporter got out of Kyle lafferty was a remark about his car, his bird and a dig at Nicholas, then I would say it says more for Lafferty's restraint and professional than some headline-fretting, deadline-fretting, hack 'journalist'.

You take the word of the West of Scotland media over Lafferty if you want. I prefer to give the guy in the Rangers top my support over them any fucking day.

Of course I'm willing to give Lafferty a chance on what he's said. It's just not the first time that he's banged on about his cars and his house and about how much wedge he makes.

But you really don't need to educate me on how newspapers work! The interview was probably a lot longer than that, but who wants to read 90% of what footballers say?

From experience, an interview with a footballer is incredibly dull. The trick (in Lafferty's case) was not rising at all and bang goes the journalist's story. It's all a big game of cat and mouse.

Lafferty is just a daft wee boy with more money than sense.

Its true he gets dogs abuse but its not like all the support boos him when he comes on the park.

He gets abuse off fans because he doesnt try, he clearly (from seeing him play) lacks skills to be at our club.

Ok, so he shouldnt be booed etc, but since we are in debt and this lame excuse for a player is picking up so much money for doing f'all I think we're entitled to express our opinions that we think hes shite, especially when you consider what we could have got for that 4mil.

but since we are in debt and this lame excuse for a player is picking up so much money for doing f'all I think we're entitled to express our opinions that we think hes shite, especially when you consider what we could have got for that 4mil.

Lafferty never put the price tag on himself, did he? If you want to blame anyone for fiscal excess, I could suggest others who should be in a firing line before Lafferty.

Let's not go down the road of what you 'could' get for four million; you get get four-fifths of a shite Barry Ferguson or a third of a Flo. Some players cost a bit much, some come at a bargain. The fact remains, the price tag is not down to him.

Ok to simplify this - my point or position is simply this. I don't care what he does off the park. I do care about what he does on the park.

On the park he has been abysmal and for the reasons I stated in my original post.

No fight.

No control.

No goals.

My point is this; I care more about what he does on the park also, and 75% of your above criticisms are not a reflection of the player we are talking about.

He does get stuck in; I've lost count of the number of free-kicks and corners he has won due to attacking the oppostion.

He does have control. He makes some right good cross-field passes. Probably one of the best in the team at doing so.

He does score. To say he doesn't is ludicrous.

I'll concede that to a certain extent.

He makes one decent tackle a game, if that.

His control is shocking, his first touch even worse.

He can score, but so can McCulloch, Whittaker, Papac, he doesn't score enough and some of his shots are too weak, and almost as bad as Millers on an off day.

Headers :anguish: fuck me, i don't think i've ever seen a 6ft 3 fella that is 5ft 4 when he jumps, it's terrible.

Forget what the papers, tims and mhedia say. The tackle Lafferty made was stupid, not entirley because he could have injured Hinkel but more along the lines of that he should know you can't get away with that nowadays, and most of the time will be red carded. So whilst it was great back in the day to get stuck into one of the scumbags, nowadays you know it'll hinder the game for us because he'll get sent off (very lucky not too) and give the team a much less chance of winning.

Lets not forget now, that's what its about, the team winning.

Lafferty showed no desire, hardly any interest and like i said, a tackle like that could mean we are down to 10 men against a team that is already dominating the game against us. Stupid, stupid tackle.

My thoughts on it are not influenced by any timmy media at all, whilst i do believe they are scapegoating him a bit he shouldn't do stupid things in the first place, he brings it on himself.

As far as the interview goes, we all know he's like that anyway, see his facebook page, whether they cut that out of a 90 minute interview with him to make him sound worse or not, the fact is, he said it.

Thats the problem with the game today, too many youngsters thinking they've "made it" at their age, with all that money. After losing to Aberdeen he went out the next day to buy a car, and posted it on his facebook page, along with "why is everyone in a bad mood?" - regardless of win or lose he'll get his wage per week and couldn't give two shits.

Rather than practicing guitar, or worrying about what car to buy every week, how about getting down to Murray Park and actually putting in more work to earn the stupid amount of money he gets and better himself, for us and him.

He's not get better since he's got here, potentially worse if anything.

but since we are in debt and this lame excuse for a player is picking up so much money for doing f'all I think we're entitled to express our opinions that we think hes shite, especially when you consider what we could have got for that 4mil.

Lafferty never put the price tag on himself, did he? If you want to blame anyone for fiscal excess, I could suggest others who should be in a firing line before Lafferty.

Let's not go down the road of what you 'could' get for four million; you get get four-fifths of a shite Barry Ferguson or a third of a Flo. Some players cost a bit much, some come at a bargain. The fact remains, the price tag is not down to him.

"The fact remains, the price tag is not down to him."

Correct. The poor perfomances, crass on field behaviour, big-time attitude and cringeworthy interviews are down to him.