Bar 72?

been a few times.

the seats are good.

you have to walk up a lot of steps to get to the bar.

children are allowed

you can order a pie and drink (or whatever) before the game and they give you a poker chip with a number on it, which you hand in at half time and get your food instantly

alcohol is only served before and after the game...not at half time.

prices are a bit cheaper.

the overall layout is not what you expect, in my opinion its not as classy as it should be.

there are big black and white pictures of the 1972year as the wallpaper.

there are red sofas and tables with barstools

there is a ladbrokes

there are TV's showing SSN

generally gets quite busy

Its nothing fancy just a clean looking bar with a canteen part. Cant remember but i think it was about a fiver for curry, rice and a bit of naan bread and a pint is about £2.50. Generally quiet when i have been in and usually the case apart from the celtic and maybe aberdeen games. Nice place to sit while waiting on the tube queues going down and watching after match analysis.

Bar72 is private for those who have season tickets for that section of the Govan Stand.

Im sure iv'e seen it advertised for £5 entry ,including pint and pie,for games to watch on tv

Aye, for certain away games it is open to all and is supposed to be pretty good...

Bar72 is private for those who have season tickets for that section of the Govan Stand.

Im sure iv'e seen it advertised for £5 entry ,including pint and pie,for games to watch on tv

Aye, for certain away games it is open to all and is supposed to be pretty good...

Sounds allright,might give it a go ,when its avaliable

I went for the celtic game (away) and it was good except they only opened one bar (there are two seperate rooms east and west side) so was a bit crowded and wouldnt allow more chairs in for health and safety. But when we arrived got our pint and 2 breakfast rolls, despite it being busy, service at the bar was good and your allowed to wear casual clothes and colours are allowed. Atmosphere was brillant when we scored and the pie at half time was hot throughout :craphead: Best part was the door guy muted the scum singing that stolen song from liverpool :praise: Not too sure what it would be like at a home game though.

I went for the celtic game (away) and it was good except they only opened one bar (there are two seperate rooms east and west side) so was a bit crowded and wouldnt allow more chairs in for health and safety. But when we arrived got our pint and 2 breakfast rolls, despite it being busy, service at the bar was good and your allowed to wear casual clothes and colours are allowed. Atmosphere was brillant when we scored and the pie at half time was hot throughout :craphead: Best part was the door guy muted the scum singing that stolen song from liverpool :praise: Not too sure what it would be like at a home game though.

i was there too. always go to bead rhatllers games away at bar 72. on sun 3rd jan, was on bevvy at half eleven with two rolls on sausage. beat that pubs!

i had a smart card for it for last 8 games last year it was ok could get a beer before and after game but overall not worth the 975 quid a year they want to renew it

beer 2.50 a pint

never buy food at football so dont know prices

Bloody hell :pierre: If it was me I would rather pay my (£500/£600?) usual season ticket for Govan and go to my local before my supporters bus leaves or wait until i get home. Certainly doesnt seem that worth it

Bloody hell :pierre: If it was me I would rather pay my (£500/£600?) usual season ticket for Govan and go to my local before my supporters bus leaves or wait until i get home. Certainly doesnt seem that worth it

I have a Bar72 s/t and seldom use the bar, just when it suits. Quite happy to pay for the front row central view of the game. Every game is included as well, so if you make all the home games - friendlies, cup, CL etc there is not a lot in it compared to my old £592 seat.

I have a Bar72 s/t and seldom use the bar, just when it suits. Quite happy to pay for the front row central view of the game. Every game is included as well, so if you make all the home games - friendlies, cup, CL etc there is not a lot in it compared to my old £592 seat.

When you look it at like that then it doesn't come across as that bad a deal....unfortunately for me I hardly get to games as it is, becoming harder to justify my season ticket let alone one for Bar72. As I mentioned above, you definitely have to rein in your behaviour a bit whilst in there.

Brochbear - quick question. I was in the Elizabethan a few weeks ago but as the bar was being decorated I had to use the Lounge/Snug.....what the fuck is that framed scum top on the wall next to a Scotland strip all about. Had absolutley no idea that it was a bheastly establishment.

Never again will I set foot in the place.

I was looking at this as i have a mate thats has this, if we get to the group of CL and maybe a few friendlies/cup games then there isnt much diffence in cost between CD + these games to bar72 price. Plus i dont have to worry about some bond holder maybe taking my seat.

I ended up having to take a ticket in their for the Osasuna game in the UEFA Cup. My dad had booked my ticket for my normal season ticket seat in the Copland Rear but went to the gate and it turned out it hadn't been activated.

I ran round, pished, to the Ticket office and paid £42 for Bar 72 as it was the only ticket they had. Went, sat in my seat said awrite to get the next to me and then Osasuna scored and I went fuckin loopy. Needless to say no-one spoke to me after that!

Its nice and everything but its not really some sort of classy experience thats a world apart from the rest of Ibrox.

On face value it does seem expensive, but as per the ticket situation explained above, Id say it was totally worth it if getting a pint near your seat was a vital part of your matchday outing.

If not, then just go to the boozer with mates then head to the game.

When you look it at like that then it doesn't come across as that bad a deal....unfortunately for me I hardly get to games as it is, becoming harder to justify my season ticket let alone one for Bar72. As I mentioned above, you definitely have to rein in your behaviour a bit whilst in there.

Brochbear - quick question. I was in the Elizabethan a few weeks ago but as the bar was being decorated I had to use the Lounge/Snug.....what the fuck is that framed scum top on the wall next to a Scotland strip all about. Had absolutley no idea that it was a bheastly establishment.

Never again will I set foot in the place.

Not been in that slop house for many many years, at least a dozen, and probably never will again. It is used by a lot of footie fans here, not only the local rodents. Bad for sheep scum as well, and they are as bad believe me. Sadly some bears do frequent that hole but the vast majority know to steer well clear.

If you are in the Broch when a bears game is on the box, the Bellslea bar is the best bet by far.

If you are stuck in the Broch and just fancy a beer or three probably best not to bother :D