Golf

kplfishtank

Cheers lads.

Went down the range today for more practice and I was absolutely bollocks, going to go back tomorrow and eke out the shit.

Get a lesson mate

The guy at Hamilton is meant to be pretty good, and he's doing four lessons for £60 just now.

I may well take up that offer.

Cheers lads.

Went down the range today for more practice and I was absolutely bollocks, going to go back tomorrow and eke out the shit.

Problem with that is you just end up practising bad habits. A few lessons with a pro will give you the basis of what you should be doing the you can work on that.

Personally I have always found that playing with better players was the best way of improving and picking up on any obvious flaws in your swing.

Cheers lads.

Problem with that is you just end up practising bad habits. A few lessons with a pro will give you the basis of what you should be doing the you can work on that.

Personally I have always found that playing with better players was the best way of improving and picking up on any obvious flaws in your swing.

This is true, the more you play the more competitive you'll become as well.

That is it, just play with Muff!

badly need grips re gripped as they are done and it affecting my game. when ever i have a shot of my dads irons/woods i am striking it well.

Quite an easy job to do yourself and makes a massive difference (tu)

No idea what am doing but after 5 years they need re done.

badly need grips re gripped as they are done and it affecting my game. when ever i have a shot of my dads irons/woods i am striking it well.

Quite an easy job to do yourself and makes a massive difference (tu)

No idea what am doing but after 5 years they need re done.

Just cut the old ones off (carefully!) with a sharp blade, then clean off all the old tape.

You can buy grip tape either in rolls or cut to size, when you stick it to the shaft make sure and overlap over the end and tuck the excess into the end of the shaft. Then just soak the grip tape in white spirit and swirl some inside the new grip too, then just slide it on and make sure its aligned properly. Leave it overnight to harden, give the shafts and grips a clean to remove any remnants of white spirit and you're good to go.

If you want a good quality grip for a good price you should try the Sharpro range from Gamola Golf.

think im playing paisley tomorrow afternoon ,need my hiking boots as its a wee bit hilly

used to go by that every day going to uni. Awfully hilly by the looks of things

not the same course mate the one your thinking of is paisley barshaw im going today to paisley bushes away up in the glennifer braes

played well today shot a net 68 and driving was spot on after ive tweaked my stance and grip

What is your handicap KPL?

It's the alcohol he consumes. a stroke for every beer he had the night before. Averages oot about 20.

cant be arsed trying to punt the pass for the senior open

if anybody is interested in it PM me your address and al post it

its at fairmont st andrews from friday the 20th to sunday the 22nd of august,, the pass gets 2 folk into the course on all 3 days

first person to pm can have it

played well today shot a net 68 and driving was spot on after ive tweaked my stance and grip

What is your handicap KPL?

20 mate but ive struggled with my drives recently ,but a guy gave me a wee bit of advice and the last 2 rounds ive been hitting it 30 yards longer so hopefully i will get that down, as my own course is a bit longer than i was used to

That'll come down hopefully KPL if TT is wrong aboot the swally!

TT is only right about the swally when hes over here or im over there , at all other times im a social drinker

now im hitting my drives further most par 4s are in reach where before about 6 of them i couldnt reach in 2 so hopefully before the season finishes i will get handicap down

was playing with a guy from your club on sunday (davie weir)

That'll come down hopefully KPL if TT is wrong aboot the swally!

TT is only right about the swally when hes over here or im over there , at all other times im a social drinker

now im hitting my drives further most par 4s are in reach where before about 6 of them i couldnt reach in 2 so hopefully before the season finishes i will get handicap down

was playing with a guy from your club on sunday (davie weir)

I'll drink to that. :beer1::lol:

I'm finding that now mate, the more I went to the range the worse I was getting!

Had a week off and went down the other day and zapped every single ball straight down the middle. Playing in an hour at Coatbridge (:anguish:) and for the first time ever it's not pishing down.