Golf

kplfishtank

what kind of driver did you get ?

Nike Machspeed. Always liked the square head! Noticed it was on Direct Golf for a good deal so let people know who would be getting my a birthday present :lol:

Nike Machspeed. Always liked the square head! Noticed it was on Direct Golf for a good deal so let people know who would be getting my a birthday present :lol:

my mates got one of them , i had a wee shot of it and its a nice bit of kit.

my mates got one of them , i had a wee shot of it and its a nice bit of kit.

Its very nice, apart from sticking my first one out of bounds i hit quite well with it! Shame my yardage was all over the place with the rest of my game :( Nightmare round!

Very good driver though.

I just noticed there is a golf related sticky!

I posted a thread about a golf deal site I am semi-involved in, here is the topic address http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=189346

Help a lad out and sign up :sherlock: You'll get good golfing deals with no spam. When the site launches, if you don't fancy receiving emails anymore its really easy to unsubscribe. Just click the link. Also, we do not pass your details to anyone else.

I hate to try and flog stuff to fellow bears but this would help me out a lot and you don't actually have to spend anything to help me out :craphead:

Had a wee squirt round Panmure yesterday , played 11 holes , played shocking on 4 of them but managed to get a par on the par 5 which pleased me , the rough really is fucking hard to get out of though , hit 12 on one of the holes , think it was the 4th :(.

Going to play Dunblane New Course next month. Never played it before.

Erskine Quaich on Sunday which is a charity event and all the proceeds go to Erskine Hospital. Looking forward to it immensely as it normally raises thousands for a very worthy cause.

Very busy and enjoyable day at the Quaich. Played mediocre as per bloody usual but guests were impressed with the course and the greens were in excellent condition.

More importantly though it looks like we have raised definately a four figure sum possibly 5 figures for Erskine Hospital.

Around 55 to 60 fourballs went out yesterday which was fantastic to see.

• 2 weeks later...

what a day yesterday for our proffesionals day, beer on the first tee at 7-55am and a great day was had by all

on the first tee if you were right handed you had to hit your drive with a left handed club, it was funny as feck and longest drive was about 50 yards

our guys played really well but just missed out on the prizes

I booked up for a midweek break to Spain in October (before I lost my job).

Great little deal, 4 nights and 3 rounds at a 5 star resort for £199 (exc flights)

Anyone ever played La Finca and Las Ramblas?

where abouts is that mate? not played them but like these wee breaks

3 of us are heading up to Alabama to play 5 of the Robert Trent Jones courses in September. We have chosen,

Oxmoor Valley

Silver Lake

Grand National

Cambrian Ridge

Highland Oaks

The cost works out about $100/day plus Gas (Petrol) food and drink. Just hope the doc lets me off the wagon by then.

See this website

http://www.rtjgolf.com/

I booked up for a midweek break to Spain in October (before I lost my job).

Great little deal, 4 nights and 3 rounds at a 5 star resort for £199 (exc flights)

Anyone ever played La Finca and Las Ramblas?

We are back in Torreveaja on the 26th of OCtober and will be playing La Finca as it has been recommended by the guy who organised our golf last year. Have to say i hated Las Ramblas and we chucked it at the 9th. Built right among villas and houses. Very tight and lots of dog legs plus it was slow as fuck. Took us just over 3 hours to play nine holes and i walked off in disgust. They were letting on Scandinavian no hopers who had just picked up a club for the 1st time and given them 36 handicaps and away they went.

In that area i would recommend Lo Romero, La Finca, Alicante, Campoamor, La Perajela.

There are plenty others but that should suit all budgets and handicaps.

We are back in Torreveaja on the 26th of OCtober and will be playing La Finca as it has been recommended by the guy who organised our golf last year. Have to say i hated Las Ramblas and we chucked it at the 9th. Built right among villas and houses. Very tight and lots of dog legs plus it was slow as fuck. Took us just over 3 hours to play nine holes and i walked off in disgust. They were letting on Scandinavian no hopers who had just picked up a club for the 1st time and given them 36 handicaps and away they went.

In that area i would recommend Lo Romero, La Finca, Alicante, Campoamor, La Perajela.

There are plenty others but that should suit all budgets and handicaps.

where do you play mate ?

Coming over to Scotland on holiday from July 6 - July 26. Will be staying in Balintore and playing at Tain GC. Might have a round at Dornoch too.

Should be relaxing. Just hope the weather cooperates. It has been so hot and humid here in North Virginia.

Coming over to Scotland on holiday from July 6 - July 26. Will be staying in Balintore and playing at Tain GC. Might have a round at Dornoch too.

Should be relaxing. Just hope the weather cooperates. It has been so hot and humid here in North Virginia.

I'll be back in Scotland the same time (Montrose). I have a weeks golf in Belfast arranged from the 16th after the Linfield game.