Golf

kplfishtank

The silence in my house is deafening after getting rid of you drunken rabble. You all had some stamina to bevy the way you did and still get up fairly early to play golf every morning before it got too hot. Depending what happens on the Rangers front, I'm thinking of coming over in November for a couple of games and yous can travel back with me for more debauchery if you're up to it. I'll work on golf deals for that time anyway.

sounds like a plan big chap, if you can handle us :D

Off to Florida 5th July for a couple of weeks (Kissimmee), any recommendations for courses? Not taking the clubs so i'll need to hire aswell.

Cheers.

Loads of courses in the Kissimmee area. You can get good deals at this time of year as it is off season for golf. Let me know where you are staying and I'll recommend courses nearby.

Loads of courses in the Kissimmee area. You can get good deals at this time of year as it is off season for golf. Let me know where you are staying and I'll recommend courses nearby.

We are staying at a place called Crescent Lakes, close to Lake Tohopekaliga. Probably three of us playing.

Cheers.

We are staying at a place called Crescent Lakes, close to Lake Tohopekaliga. Probably three of us playing.

Cheers.

Nearest course to you is Kissimmee Oaks. It is a reasonable course. Should cost you around $30 with buggy at this time of year. Rental clubs will vary from $15 - $30 and are normally good clubs. From where you are staying I would recommend that you drive to Poinciana and play at Stonegate. 2 very good courses and only a couple of dollars difference in the price.

Nearest course to you is Kissimmee Oaks. It is a reasonable course. Should cost you around $30 with buggy at this time of year. Rental clubs will vary from $15 - $30 and are normally good clubs. From where you are staying I would recommend that you drive to Poinciana and play at Stonegate. 2 very good courses and only a couple of dollars difference in the price.

Magic, was expecting it to be a lot more expensive.

Cheers Tea (tu)

Magic, was expecting it to be a lot more expensive.

Cheers Tea (tu)

You're welcome. Not too much within walking distance of where you are staying but gets very good reports about the quality of the villas. Anything you need to ask just PM me.

if anyone is going to Orlando they must play Orange County Panther Lake and Ritz Carlton, 2 of the best courses ive ever played and i would like to thank Tea-Total for sorting our guys out with all our golf and putting up with the 4 musthavebeers

Panther Lake is great. The monstor par 5 is awesome.

My game is slowly starting to improve. Played my first proper competition at the weekend, it was disastrous. I was warned beforehand about the effect of having a card in your pocket but glibly dismissed this advice. In the bounce games I play I am getting better overall with the odd hiccup here and there.

I have been trying my playing partners clubs as we go around and I find that I am much better with steel shafted traditional or cavity backed irons than I am with my graphite shafted Adams A70S Hybrids which are supposed to be easy to play with.

I am now looking at replacing my Adams with something else. My question to RMs golf elite is what club would you recommend (Budget £900) and should I go for a custom fit? I can understand the reasoning behind getting it done but I am a bit dubious. I can hit the ball fine off my practice mat or on the range but when the ball is sat on the grass its a different matter. My concern would be getting fitted for clubs that work fine off the mats but still don't perform on the grass.

Any thought/ opinions appreciated.

My game is slowly starting to improve. Played my first proper competition at the weekend, it was disastrous. I was warned beforehand about the effect of having a card in your pocket but glibly dismissed this advice. In the bounce games I play I am getting better overall with the odd hiccup here and there.

I have been trying my playing partners clubs as we go around and I find that I am much better with steel shafted traditional or cavity backed irons than I am with my graphite shafted Adams A70S Hybrids which are supposed to be easy to play with.

I am now looking at replacing my Adams with something else. My question to RMs golf elite is what club would you recommend (Budget £900) and should I go for a custom fit? I can understand the reasoning behind getting it done but I am a bit dubious. I can hit the ball fine off my practice mat or on the range but when the ball is sat on the grass its a different matter. My concern would be getting fitted for clubs that work fine off the mats but still don't perform on the grass.

Any thought/ opinions appreciated.

You should go to the driving range and ask to try out different types of irons and see what one's you feel good with. Also, if you are going to pay a good amount for Irons it is well worth getting fitted for them. I went to get fitted for irons a few weeks ago, I got the clubs and was struggling but I wasn't hitting the ball good at all at the time now I am playing better golf I can hit my new irons alot better than the old one's. I just said to myself if am going to pay all that money then why not get them fitted to suit. I got titleist irons and went down too Kings Acre to get fitted on the machine. I also got to try out all different shafts. The way mines are set up are 2 degrees upright and the shafts are lighter. It only added £40 to the price. So I would recommend going to get fitted if you are spending alot of money for them. (tu)

You should go to the driving range and ask to try out different types of irons and see what one's you feel good with. Also, if you are going to pay a good amount for Irons it is well worth getting fitted for them. I went to get fitted for irons a few weeks ago, I got the clubs and was struggling but I wasn't hitting the ball good at all at the time now I am playing better golf I can hit my new irons alot better than the old one's. I just said to myself if am going to pay all that money then why not get them fitted to suit. I got titleist irons and went down too Kings Acre to get fitted on the machine. I also got to try out all different shafts. The way mines are set up are 2 degrees upright and the shafts are lighter. It only added £40 to the price. So I would recommend going to get fitted if you are spending alot of money for them. (tu)

Thanks for the fast response, mate. I have heard a few people say that fitting is just the shops way of steering you towards their preferred product so its good to hear a positive response.

Thanks for the fast response, mate. I have heard a few people say that fitting is just the shops way of steering you towards their preferred product so its good to hear a positive response.

I would reccomend a couple of lessons before spending that type of cash, depending on where you are you could do a lot worse than going to Andy McPherson at Affordable Golf in East Kilbride. Helped me no end.

I would reccomend a couple of lessons before spending that type of cash, depending on where you are you could do a lot worse than going to Andy McPherson at Affordable Golf in East Kilbride. Helped me no end.

Cheers mate. I've had some lessons since my post. Turns out I was trying to hit with my arms instead of letting them swing round leading me to chopping down on the ball. Tried a demo club which had a shaft which was 1 1/2 inches longer than my own. Could feel the difference straight away.

Cheers mate. I've had some lessons since my post. Turns out I was trying to hit with my arms instead of letting them swing round leading me to chopping down on the ball. Tried a demo club which had a shaft which was 1 1/2 inches longer than my own. Could feel the difference straight away.

See when my game was going out the window last year a went for a lesson and the pro giving me the lesson, after I hit a few golf balls said to me " Are you left handed " :blush: The reason I was shanking the ball was because I wasn't working with my right arm. Seemed strange to me as I had never heard of such a thing. :blush:

Anyone purchased a tayolmade rbz 3 wood? Really looking into buying one and wondering if anyone thinks its any good?

Go to you're driving range and try one out (tu) Don't need to buy it. I don't really use a 3 wood as I can hit my 5 just as far so I have a old King Cobra in the bag, use it once in a blue moon. Like the look of the RBZ 3 wood, might have a week look at it myself :lol:

Go to you're driving range and try one out (tu) Don't need to buy it. I don't really use a 3 wood as I can hit my 5 just as far so I have a old King Cobra in the bag, use it once in a blue moon. Like the look of the RBZ 3 wood, might have a week look at it myself :lol:

I really want to. Live in Oban though and wife just had a kid so getting down to World of Golf is a right pain in the arse just now.

In saying that I am trying to convince her to go down next weekend for a day out so will twist her arm and see if I can get to the range. Looks a great wee club though and this 17 extra yards they are claiming would be ideal if true.

my brother has one and ive had a few hits with it, nice club but i prefer my R7

Cheers! Think ill defo go have a hit next weekend with one

My trusty slazenger has just begun letting me down lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! Think ill defo go have a hit next weekend with one

My trusty slazenger has just begun letting me down lately.

Went to American golf in EK today, was trying the RBZ 3 wood and the Titleist( I have the driver to match) but opted for the RBZ so my Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood are all different. I was hitting the RBZ far superior to the Titleist. Can't wait to get out on the course with it now. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...