Golf

kplfishtank

Played St Andrews on Friday cracking course but very wet as said above and instead of a golf score I had a cricket score. Might be going down to troon for a game tomorrow.

Royal Troon or Municipal?

If you play Darley, there are about 83 of my balls in the gorse - you can keep any you find.

Can anyone recommend a good club around the Darnley area? I was thinking Haggs but the membership goes from April to March and I was hoping to join one around January 2013. I've looked at Pollok, Cowglen, Williamwood and they all look nice but I don't know anything about them. They are expensive but I assumed they would be in Glasgow so I don't mind paying it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

im a member of Haggs mate and of the 4 mentioned it is the best but not cheap , though think Pollok is more expensive

think Williamwood is good course, ive played members guest there a few times.

you could ask at Pro shop if they will let you play from Jan till April at reduced fees till season starts

if you need any advice send me a PM.

Anyone here know if 'Cougar' is a decent make of clubs? Just started playing golf regular and found a pretty cheap set of them but dunno if they're good or not?

Not heard of them before mate, which is probably a bad thing!! Had a wee look on Google, so so reviews for new players. I'd get a second hand set from a descent make, something with a cavity back for forgiveness.

Alright cheers for the input. What exactly are the good brands? I've heard of Callaway and Cleveland but don't know any others?

Have a look in a golf shop/range and give a second hand set a try. They will let you try when you go. If you get a decent second hand set means when you are getting another set you can sell them. I would rather get a decent second hand set than some shitty make.

Off to the Glen on wednesday anyone played it ? Might go up to my course tomorrow for a hit.

Have a look in a golf shop/range and give a second hand set a try. They will let you try when you go. If you get a decent second hand set means when you are getting another set you can sell them. I would rather get a decent second hand set than some shitty make.

Off to the Glen on wednesday anyone played it ? Might go up to my course tomorrow for a hit.

played the Glen a few times , the last time was a month ago and the greens were cored , should be fine on wednesday , smart clubhouse

and grub is nice too , my day off today and away to play mar hall with a fellow bear , havn't beaten the c*nt for 2 yrs.

Playing in a Alternative shot on Saturday, with a shotgun start looking forward to it.

What's this, Ryan?

The Ryder Cup has made me and a few mates want to play more of the team side of the game, opposed to just all of us going for the lowest score.

What's this, Ryan?

The Ryder Cup has made me and a few mates want to play more of the team side of the game, opposed to just all of us going for the lowest score.

2 man team, I hit a shot my partner hits the next shot. I will tee off at all the odd holes and him the even or the other way about.

The shotgun start means there is groups that start off 1 threw to 18 holes and all tee off at the same time. Just as it will be busy.

2 man team, I hit a shot my partner hits the next shot. I will tee off at all the odd holes and him the even or the other way about.

The shotgun start means there is groups that start off 1 threw to 18 holes and all tee off at the same time. Just as it will be busy.

Ahh, sound. (tu)

I like the idea of that. Next time we have a four ball we will be playing that as well. Maybe get less shots but it's definitely more interesting. Would you still tee off at and odd hole if you putt out on the hole before? We are talking about shot for shot for the full 18 holes.

Ahh, sound. (tu)

I like the idea of that. Next time we have a four ball we will be playing that as well. Maybe get less shots but it's definitely more interesting. Would you still tee off at and odd hole if you putt out on the hole before? We are talking about shot for shot for the full 18 holes.

Yeah mate.

Played the Glen last week thought it was in mint condition considering the time of year, would consider a winter ticket for there. Didn't think it's as good as Craigielaw.

Played my Alternative shot we hit a 90 not great but the course was soaking and it was raining.No fun in rain.

Anyone played Troon Darley recently ? thinking about a game there on Thursday or Friday. If in good enough condition.

Played the Glen last week thought it was in mint condition considering the time of year, would consider a winter ticket for there. Didn't think it's as good as Craigielaw.

Played my Alternative shot we hit a 90 not great but the course was soaking and it was raining.No fun in rain.

Anyone played Troon Darley recently ? thinking about a game there on Thursday or Friday. If in good enough condition.

Not Darley but I played Lochgreen today. First few holes were a bit soggy but the course dried out a bit over the round.

he was murder at school and i never understood him from then, i gave up after that :D

Was sort of speaking to this female and she was in his year although higher classes and she said she couldn't either.

Haven't played Haggs Castle for 43 years :7325: and before that we used to go up the Pollok Estate and on way back used to collect golf balls, from the many many wayward shots and the groundsman used to chase us on his tractor..think his name was Wullie or might have been the name of the tractor. Good few ex Bella boys members of Haggs.