Golf

kplfishtank

£150

A second hand set would be your best bet. Your local club will have some or will know of some for sale.

Go on to www.direct-golf.co.uk search for clubs then filter by handicap. There will be a few to choose from for high handicappers and a few more for mid to high handicappers. Read the reviews and narrow down your preferences then try to find a second hand set. Like I said earlier your club should know of some failing that there's always ebay. The down side is you don't get a custom fit.

• 2 weeks later...

finally getting out first time in months tomorrow. the perks of doing an HNC golf course management in fife. surrounded by quality courses :D

Was playing a couple of courses in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. Leven day ticket and a round at Thornton.

Was playing a couple of courses in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. Leven day ticket and a round at Thornton.

no played them yet mate but heard good things. I would rather just forget about my round today tbh. getting rid of the rustyness just now :lol:

In Spain the now but coming home tonight, played at the 3 courses at La Cala and the one at El Chapparal(sp). If you ever get the chance to play La Cala go too it brilliant place and some cracking holes. Well worth the visit.

Played Palmares on the Algarve a couple of weeks ago. Spectacular. (I mean the course, certainly not my golf :D )

Played Palmares on the Algarve a couple of weeks ago. Spectacular. (I mean the course, certainly not my golf :D )

The courses I was playing were brilliant, played not too bad.

Got a game at the Dukes on Friday thanks to the Bunkered vouchers, anyone played it recently ?

Got a game at the Dukes on Friday thanks to the Bunkered vouchers, anyone played it recently ?

played the dukes a couple of weeks ago , a lovely course with great views but a cunt of a trek . Some of the walks from green to the next tee are about 500 yds so they put the price of a buggy at £40 . Sodden aswell to be honest , oh ! and the grub is dear . If you are thinking of playing through the winter I would strongly recommend dundonald & mar hall , great courses with normal conditions all year round .

Apparently its in horrible condition just now and thats from someone playing it at the weekend. Balls plugging in the fairway and all sorts.

played the dukes a couple of weeks ago , a lovely course with great views but a cunt of a trek . Some of the walks from green to the next tee are about 500 yds so they put the price of a buggy at £40 . Sodden aswell to be honest , oh ! and the grub is dear . If you are thinking of playing through the winter I would strongly recommend dundonald & mar hall , great courses with normal conditions all year round .

Didn't book a buggy going to be a slog.

Maybe not but hes a regular and for the dukes he says its the worst hes seen it in years

Played The Dukes last week in a team match,thought it was in reasonable condition better than it was since the

last time I played it years ago, btw we beat The Dukes 4-2. :D

Can anyone recommend a good club around the Darnley area? I was thinking Haggs but the membership goes from April to March and I was hoping to join one around January 2013. I've looked at Pollok, Cowglen, Williamwood and they all look nice but I don't know anything about them. They are expensive but I assumed they would be in Glasgow so I don't mind paying it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a good club around the Darnley area? I was thinking Haggs but the membership goes from April to March and I was hoping to join one around January 2013. I've looked at Pollok, Cowglen, Williamwood and they all look nice but I don't know anything about them. They are expensive but I assumed they would be in Glasgow so I don't mind paying it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

williamwood is good mate. my local and its 27 quid i think during the week if your not a member. give it a bash

williamwood is good mate. my local and its 27 quid i think during the week if your not a member. give it a bash

I might go there for a bounce round, £27 is a good price. It's membership's are quite steep. Do you know how old you have to qualify for a Youth Membership? A few of them are 25 (I turn 25 in March) so it would nice to make use of that deal if it's applicable (£800 joining fee saving).

I might go there for a bounce round, £27 is a good price. It's membership's are quite steep. Do you know how old you have to qualify for a Youth Membership? A few of them are 25 (I turn 25 in March) so it would nice to make use of that deal if it's applicable (£800 joining fee saving).

Most memberships are April to March. (tu)

Not sure mate but am sure they will be helpfull if you just fone and ask.

Most memberships are April to March. (tu)

Ah cheers, some websites are unclear on when you can start membership. If that's the case then at least I have time to look about. Haggs looks nice, pollok, cowglen and williamwood look nice too.