Golf

kplfishtank

played at mine today, drove well but putting was awful but greens aint looking the best just now

The amount of rain you've had this summer it's not surprising the greens are struggling. The new greens at my place are superb, pity they were not ready when you wer there.

they will still be there next year :lol: thats a hint by the way :D

Always welcome. Sent Thomas an e-mail yesterday about Stoneybrook East, Eastwood and North Shore. They are doing a deal at the moment Xmas package for 10 rounds with carts for $199. You can use anytime in 2013 including high season. Ron and I are in. :7325:

That's a great deal for 2 good courses. If you play them and find any of my golf balls post them over. Was that the course I hit the 2 houses :D

Stoneybrook was where you hit the big house on the par 5, 13th. F*^king dog still barks at me yet. Mind you went in the water that often and at so many different courses the Aligators are all wearing hard hats now.

• 2 weeks later...

Barassie try and keep normal conditions on , occasionally they put the tees forward onto the fairway . Next door at dundonald is the place to play . You probably wont get a better conditioned course to play in scotland at this time of year.

Dundonald is superb at this time of year.

I done a mini tour of some 9-hole courses in September. Loch Carron, across to Airsaig, then down to Blair Atholl.

All three were in fantastic nick and the weather at Blair Atholl was superb - sitting outside on their decking area with the sun out looking across the big double green they have was one of the highlights of the summer/autumn.

I will be doing it again in spring and was thinking of buying one of those Perthshire Highland Golf tickets and playing a few of the 9 -hole course around Achterarder. With the ticket you can play Alyth - Leitfie Links, Blair Atholl, Comrie, Crieff - Dornock, Dunning, Glenshee - Dalmunzie, Kenmore - Mains of Taymouth, Killin, Milnathort, Muthill, St Fillians and Strathtay.

As anybody played these and would they recommend a top 3?

• 1 month later...

no but i need a new set my R7s are getting on a bit, and my driver is even older

playing al badia? on friday you played it?

No when I lived over there I was amember at Naad al Shiba which was at the brace track then Emerates when Naad al Shiba ws closed down. Played the creek quite a lot and Montgomery bt never had a chance on any of the newer courses. When I go back I am always working now.

I done a mini tour of some 9-hole courses in September. Loch Carron, across to Airsaig, then down to Blair Atholl.

All three were in fantastic nick and the weather at Blair Atholl was superb - sitting outside on their decking area with the sun out looking across the big double green they have was one of the highlights of the summer/autumn.

I will be doing it again in spring and was thinking of buying one of those Perthshire Highland Golf tickets and playing a few of the 9 -hole course around Achterarder. With the ticket you can play Alyth - Leitfie Links, Blair Atholl, Comrie, Crieff - Dornock, Dunning, Glenshee - Dalmunzie, Kenmore - Mains of Taymouth, Killin, Milnathort, Muthill, St Fillians and Strathtay.

As anybody played these and would they recommend a top 3?

Although i stay in Stenhousemuir,and a 3 wood from the tee at Falkirk Tryst lol,[my brother is a member,i used to be]i was a member at Muthill for a year,i like to get away from the area and try different courses,a guy i know that runs a shop in Larbert put me onto this course,very short but idylic,so stress free,i am now a member of Tillicoultry,another 9 hole course,what views on this course,and intend to stay for a few years,i have been a member of Brucefields,Bridge of Allan and Dollar [the only one that was 18 holes,and with NO BUNKERS,because of its hilly terrain],as you can see i am a bit of a maverick,just love to get away from it all,my ambition is to play ALL the 9 hole courses in Scotland,i have played over 20 thus far,to answer cushynumber,my course [Tillicoultry] takes some beating,wish i knew how to upload photos to you mate,but the first hole is like hitting straight into the Ochil hills,its all about the enjoyment,my brothers take it far too seriously lol,..........

played Turnberry Kintyre yesterday in an absolute gale. 2 over at the turn with two three putts then basically turned into the wind - horrific 3 hole spell where one minute the wind moved the ball the next it didn't. 9 over coming back in. not too bad considering the very tough conditions. great course.