Anthony Stokes

CM72

Anybody else see the highlights of the Dhims match the night and Stokes squares up to fellow Irishman and Celtic captain :mutley: Darren O'Dea?? I was hoping Stokes was going to skelp him just like he skelped the ball by Boruc into the net :lol:

Aye a seen this. :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't give two fucks if he's Irish. So's Shay Given and he's top drawer... <cr>

I know McGregor is class and we're all happy with him, but guys like Given are a class above even Shagger.

Couldn't give two fucks if he's Irish. So's Shay Given and he's top drawer... <cr>

I know McGregor is class and we're all happy with him, but guys like Given are a class above even Shagger.

Shay Given is top drawer but it's still no reason to like him.

I was thinking this last night, during the game.

He'd be a cheap, but very capable option for us.

He has good pace about him, strong and knows where the back of the net is. He's alot better than Lafferty and Naismith. (tu)

I would think he would definately get the goals, but he has alot of baggage with him and dont think he would fit in n glasgow.

He wouldnt be cheap, as hibs would want a good few million(3-4) and i think he would be looking at 10k+ per week.

If we do ever get any money in the future id sign him, hes used to playing in a 4-3-3 type formation. With him miller and boyd i think they cudnt be stopped.

Davis-Mcculloch-Fleck

Stokes-Boyd-Miller

Something like that wud be good for us.

At 21 years old Stokes is only going to get better and at one of the Old Firm he'd easily become a comfortable 20 goals a season striker.

However with the ROI connection and Celtic's sudden "investment" on new players he's more likely to end up at them then us.

Infact if McDonald leaves I think he could be a Sellik player before the end of January.

I don't care what nationality you are, or what team you support; all that matters is your talents as a footballer.

On these grounds, I wouldn't mind seeing Stokes here at all.

I totally agree with all this. (tu)

Shay Given is top drawer but it's still no reason to like him.

1. Did I say I, or anybody else for that matter, liked him? <cr>

My point was we'd all take him for Rangers in a heartbeat.

hes one of the best strikers in the spl and i would take him in a heartbeat. Was always glad the tims didnt get him when he finished his loan at falkirk. The tims are constantly slagging us off about being anti irish etc, they wouldnt know what to say if we signed him. Would be a good signing for 2 reasons. Good player and would shut them up for a while, spiers would probably find something to gurn about as usual though.