'Supporters' - Don't make me laugh.

OrangeBurn

what ive noticed is the majority of them from where i sit go crazy when were keeping possession telling them to get it up the park and when they do they complain that were not keeping possession <cr>

The thick fcukers!

'Get the ball up the fcuking park'

'What's with this long ball shite, Weir, Davis, Papac... you are pish'

'Get it up the park, long, move it'

'Another long ball, Lafferty, control the fcuking ball, Davis, you should be bringing that down... hoy, you, shut the fcuk up... '

I agree, they just dont seem understand that football isn't that easy

And there are certain people who sit around me who seem to WANT lafferty to fail

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should hire a Orange band to play before kick off and half time, and get the place bouncing again. And i am serious about this, i know the handwringers wont like it but to bad. :)

If only you actually went ? Maybe YOU could make a difference!

Minstral cant make it that often due to personal circumstances which is fair enough.

what ive noticed is the majority of them from where i sit go crazy when were keeping possession telling them to get it up the park and when they do they complain that were not keeping possession <cr>

The thick fcukers!

'Get the ball up the fcuking park'

'What's with this long ball shite, Weir, Davis, Papac... you are pish'

'Get it up the park, long, move it'

'Another long ball, Lafferty, control the fcuking ball, Davis, you should be bringing that down... hoy, you, shut the fcuk up... '

Exactly how it is (tu)

I honestly think the lack of atmosphere is poor due to the poor football. If people aren't being entertained then are going to moan. There is a lot who are impossible to please. A guy that sits behind me moans about every single thing. If we haven't scored within two minutes he starts moaning it really drives me mad. I love Iborx when its at its loudest there is no place like it. Sadly we don't get to experience it much.

THIS is what's wrong with the atmosphere at Ibrox (and tons of other British grounds).

People feel they should only support the team when the football is good, which is absolute bullshit.

Whatever happened to roaring the team on when they're in a bad spell ?

The founding fathers of the club would be rolling in their graves if they hear that people don't support the team because 'they are not entertained'.

If you want entertainment, put on a movie. A football ground is not a fucking theater.

Where I sit, GF, there is not much abuse to players, bar a few surrounding me, and half the time, they are not there, and other people are in their seats.

There are two things that really get on my tits.

1) The stewards - picking people at random, and telling them to sit down. Telling them to stop spinning their scarves, and today, for a first, telling people to calm down, and stop jumping about - what the fcuk is that all about?

2)The arseholes who sit near me, who come in late, and leave early. They don't sing, cheer, or do anything bar moan, and talk about other things. When you try to get the atmosphere going, they moan, complain, grumble, and tell you to sit down, as they can't see the game. I have almost been fighting with a few of them over stuff - mainly singing - why do these people bother?

I thought the atmosphere against Falkirk was horrific, like most games at Ibrox. What can you do when you have supporters and stewards, telling you to do this, and that... ?

Give me an away day, any day, you don't get arseholes pretending they support Rangers, calling the support, and players all the names under the sun.

Excellent post.

Where I sit in GF its exactly the same.

I think the moaning is a culmination of alot of things.

1) frustration.

2) The awful football we play at times. We have hardly dominated a game all season.

At Ibrox, there just seems to be a boring feeling going around, even when we scored there wasn't that much of a reaction.

If you see the football we play, there is no surprise the atmosphere is dire. If you offered that football to any fans in the world, I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy.

1) frustration.

2) The awful football we play at times. We have hardly dominated a game all season.

At Ibrox, there just seems to be a boring feeling going around, even when we scored there wasn't that much of a reaction.

If you see the football we play, there is no surprise the atmosphere is dire. If you offered that football to any fans in the world, I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy.

i know exactly what you mean mate, its fucking murder winning all the time. oh aye and trophies are shite 2. i wish we played ra barca shellick way and win fuck all in the process :pierre:

1) frustration.

I see far worse football in Belgium and the atmosphere is much better, that's not an excuse.

1) frustration.

i know exactly what you mean mate, its fucking murder winning all the time. oh aye and trophies are shite 2. i wish we played ra barca shellick way and win fuck all in the process :pierre:

I'm not saying thats how I feel.

I'm just suggesting that as a reason for the crap atmosphere.

I remember, a number of normal SPL games, when we've actually played well and we've got right into teams the atmosphere is superb. The Dundee United game in 2007 springs to mind, the 7-1 Dundee United game aswell.

1) frustration.

Some of the best Ultra groups in Europe are that of small teams. They are playing shite football in shite leagues but still create a brilliant atmosphere every week.

To a certain extent I think you are correct though as sadly it's a different mentality over here.

Now 3 pages of moans an very little constructive thoughts - just moans by people wanting someone else to change it - or folk moaning who dont go!

Now Mr Handwringer you have been told that often why i dont go, so stop trying to score cheap points. If your family are healthy then you should be pleased, but i know what kind of person you are. You can go to every game if you like, but it will never make you a better fan than people who cant go. You must think a season ticket is a trophy and can brag to people about it, but i have put more into our club than you will ever do.

I do believe that the people who follow Rangers away would be those that make the best atmosphere.

Groups like TBO, UB, CDL,... have the best interest of the team and club at heart and want to support them no matter what.

Problem is: They're all divided over the ground.

I feel, if you really want to improve the atmosphere, making 1 section (preferrably behind the goal) for those that want to actively support the team is necessary.

I honestly think the lack of atmosphere is poor due to the poor football. If people aren't being entertained then are going to moan. There is a lot who are impossible to please. A guy that sits behind me moans about every single thing. If we haven't scored within two minutes he starts moaning it really drives me mad. I love Iborx when its at its loudest there is no place like it. Sadly we don't get to experience it much.

THIS is what's wrong with the atmosphere at Ibrox (and tons of other British grounds).

People feel they should only support the team when the football is good, which is absolute bullshit.

The founding fathers of the club would be rolling in their graves if they hear that people don't support the team because 'they are not entertained'.

If you want entertainment, put on a movie. A football ground is not a fucking theater.

This along with Muffs post is spot on IMO.

Stoke hardly play the best football, but their fans are fantastic at creating an intimidating atmosphere. I'm another that can only attend games every so often but when I do make it I give nothing but encouragement and belting out songs for 90mins. Criticising and analysing happens at the end. I am not afraid to stand up to folk who want you to sit down and stop singing.

There seems to be divides appearing in the support, alot of the guys who don't like singing certain songs seem to dislike singing at all now. Now, the debate about what songs we should and shouldn't sing is irrelevant here but the point is that it has discouraged many from singing and in turn they seem to discourage others, only in my experience of course.

We are Rangers and Ibrox is famed for it's atmosphere, so everyone should be doing their best to make it live up to that expectation and have pride in our team and club, no matter how 'bad' the footbal is. We are 10 points clear ffs, if you can't sing then, you will never sing.

1) frustration.

Some of the best Ultra groups in Europe are that of small teams. They are playing shite football in shite leagues but still create a brilliant atmosphere every week.

To a certain extent I think you are correct though as sadly it's a different mentality over here.

I don't think they're playing as bad football as us though.

Also, supporting a smaller club against big teams is what gives them that boost. If we played Real Madrid, the atmosphere would be superb.

I do believe that the people who follow Rangers away would be those that make the best atmosphere.

Groups like TBO, UB, CDL,... have the best interest of the team and club at heart and want to support them no matter what.

I feel, if you really want to improve the atmosphere, making 1 section (preferrably behind the goal) for those that want to actively support the team is necessary.

I agree with your last point.

I also think what improves the noise from the supporters groups is that they are able to sit with mates.

I think it would really help if there was a section for singing groups, with no particular seat or area allocated which allows fans just to stand/sit with their mates.

This along with Muffs post is spot on IMO.

Stoke hardly play the best football, but their fans are fantastic at creating an intimidating atmosphere. I'm another that can only attend games every so often but when I do make it I give nothing but encouragement and belting out songs for 90mins. Criticising and analysing happens at the end. I am not afraid to stand up to folk who want you to sit down and stop signing.

There seems to be divides appearing in the support, alot of the guys who don't like singing certain songs seem to dislike singing at all now. Now, the debate about what songs we should and shouldn't sing is irrelevant here but the point is that it has discouraged many from singing and in turn they seem to discourage others, only in my experience of course.

We are Rangers and Ibrox is famed for it's atmosphere, so everyone should be doing their best to make it live up to that expectation and have pride in our team and club, no matter how 'bad' the footbal is. We are 10 points clear ffs, if you can't sing then, you will never sing.

I think thats a fair point.

Some supporters groups sing songs that some people don't know the words too.

Some people want to join in with certain songs, some don't.

Where I sit, GF, there is not much abuse to players, bar a few surrounding me, and half the time, they are not there, and other people are in their seats.

There are two things that really get on my tits.

1) The stewards - picking people at random, and telling them to sit down. Telling them to stop spinning their scarves, and today, for a first, telling people to calm down, and stop jumping about - what the fcuk is that all about?

2)The arseholes who sit near me, who come in late, and leave early. They don't sing, cheer, or do anything bar moan, and talk about other things. When you try to get the atmosphere going, they moan, complain, grumble, and tell you to sit down, as they can't see the game. I have almost been fighting with a few of them over stuff - mainly singing - why do these people bother?

I thought the atmosphere against Falkirk was horrific, like most games at Ibrox. What can you do when you have supporters and stewards, telling you to do this, and that... ?

Give me an away day, any day, you don't get arseholes pretending they support Rangers, calling the support, and players all the names under the sun.

Muff once again you are spot on. (tu)

Between the stewards and some supporters, it will soon be a crime to support, sing, and dance for the club you love, at games (home).

Get these persons to fcuk!

100% agree. :anguish::anguish:

This is probably another reason people are choosing to sit at home and watch the matches or head down to a pub or club. In either of these places you don't get told off for celebrating or singing.

When I moved back to Glasgow last year I was seriously thinking about sorting out a season ticket but everything I hear echoes what's been said in this thread. Too many greeting-faced wankers who think having held a season ticket for years gives them the right to moan at everyone about everything. Fuck that. I'll head down the pub or watch it on the telly instead.

you wont be missed (tu)

i hate guys who sit in pub all day while im at the game then when i go in pub they moan about the atomesphere at games :sherlock:

agree entirely and also the tits on a monday at work who tell u rangers were rubbish

after sitting on their arse watching it on tv thats why i hate every away game on tv every clowns got an opinion!

Now 3 pages of moans an very little constructive thoughts - just moans by people wanting someone else to change it - or folk moaning who dont go!

Now Mr Handwringer you have been told that often why i dont go, so stop trying to score cheap points. If your family are healthy then you should be pleased, but i know what kind of person you are. You can go to every game if you like, but it will never make you a better fan than people who cant go. You must think a season ticket is a trophy and can brag to people about it, but i have put more into our club than you will ever do.

LOL - I know why you dont go but still you persist in having a go at those who do - thats what I object to you commenting on matters you are no longer involved with. You get on your 'I am Mr Rangers and a better supporter than you' high horse telling us all how to support, how it was SO much better in the past but never anything constructive and how YOU have put so much more into the club than me - what a sanctimonious position you take!

If this was supported and advertised by the club, i think it would work well (tu)

Bad atmosphere is down to one thing -Crap football end off.

Aye, 10 points clear with a lot of our best players injured.

3-0 yesterday.

Fucking dreadful. Take them out the back and shoot them!

:rolleyes:

Look mate try reading the fucking post, i never said we were not winning games, i said the football has been crap for ages apart from that wee spell we had.

Do you think we are playing good football?

I suppose it depends on how you define 'good football'.

We're winning games where the manks are dropping points. We have players injured or not match fit. We haven't signed anyone in ages and even when we do it's unlikely we'll be playing Real Madrid or Chelsea style.

Winning and staying ahead of the filth is 'good' enough for me. I'll accept any standard of football if it keeps us at the top with regular wins and not dropping silly points. I'll also accept anything that keeps us ahead of them because I love seeing that frantic desperation and excuse making thing they do when they can't beat us.

guys

its not about how good the football is,its about going out for the day and letting it rip.

Thats what goin to a game on a Saturday was all about back in the good old days.

Hit the pub then the bus then the game and sing a bit , let rip a bit, back to the pub then hame.

Bring it fukn back - shove yer pPC crap up yer arse!!! <cr>