Simon Poulsen on loan?

eddiemacthedog

Simon Poulsen from what ive seen is a different player from Rothen for a start. Hes more athletic obviously and has a bit more pace. I have only seen him a few times and i think he liked to drift in central a lot of the time...

He would be a good signing of course, as would anybody who could come into the first team just now, given the financial side of things.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of Pete on Gersnet who lives in Holland -

"Does not get a game very often and recently has been moved back to LB. He does have Marten Martins(sp) in front of him who i rate very highly. The fact that three different managers have not fancied him maybe says a lot.

I have been checking the AZ websites and Came across:

• The guy is just a Laugh.
  • A waste of space.
  • Couldn't pass a lamp pole.
  • The corner flag moves quicker.
  • No football intelligence.

On the news that Rangers want to loan him got this answer -

Lekker doen; Poulsen als linksback is het niet. Hij werd er zaterdag binnen een half uur drie keer uitgelopen door drie verschillende Groningers (op snelheid, door een verkeerde keuze en door dekking aan de verkeerde kant). Ik kan mij niet voorstellen dat Poulsen zoveel beter is dan jongens uit Jong AZ die linksback kunnen spelen.
Do it please. Poulsen is not a left-back. Three different Groningen players ran past him within a half hour through lack of speed, bad positioning and marking on the wrong side. I can't imagine we don't have a youth player who can't play better.

Of course this is from faceless people behind a keyboard."

Another post from Pete in Holland -

In his first game at LB against Heracles he seemed to do quite well and surprised a few.

A severe lack of speed seems to be the biggest issue. Nearly everyone refers to that.

They will be happy to see him go.

Courtesy of Pete on Gersnet who lives in Holland -

"Does not get a game very often and recently has been moved back to LB. He does have Marten Martins(sp) in front of him who i rate very highly. The fact that three different managers have not fancied him maybe says a lot.

I have been checking the AZ websites and Came across:

• The guy is just a Laugh.
  • A waste of space.
  • Couldn't pass a lamp pole.
  • The corner flag moves quicker.
  • No football intelligence.

On the news that Rangers want to loan him got this answer -

Lekker doen; Poulsen als linksback is het niet. Hij werd er zaterdag binnen een half uur drie keer uitgelopen door drie verschillende Groningers (op snelheid, door een verkeerde keuze en door dekking aan de verkeerde kant). Ik kan mij niet voorstellen dat Poulsen zoveel beter is dan jongens uit Jong AZ die linksback kunnen spelen.

Do it please. Poulsen is not a left-back. Three different Groningen players ran past him within a half hour through lack of speed, bad positioning and marking on the wrong side. I can't imagine we don't have a youth player who can't play better.

Of course this is from faceless people behind a keyboard."

Probably because he's a left sided attacking midfielder - who can play fill in at LB, in a way DaMarcus Beasley does for the US.

Either Bacary Sagna and Emmanuel Eboue are slower than I think, or my eye's are painted on, because he seemed to do ok against them. The Arsenal fans also said Poulsen, Dembele, Martens and Schaars, were the ones to watch out for when they come to the Emirates.

He played against Ajax the other week, and did not too bad.

Probably because he's a left sided attacking midfielder - who can play fill in at LB, in a way DaMarcus Beasley does for the US.

Either Bacary Sagna and Emmanuel Eboue are slower than I think, or my eye's are painted on, because he seemed to do ok against them. The Arsenal fans also said Poulsen, Dembele, Martens and Schaars, were the ones to watch out for when they come to the Emirates.

He played against Ajax the other week, and did not too bad.

We can't really lose if it's a loan deal anyway! Not getting my hopes up that it'll happen, but if it does, then we'll no doubt get a chance to see him play...

Pete from Holland = STONER!

Not at all !! :sherlock:

AFAIK, he's a married guy who's lived & worked in Holland for many years, speaks Dutch, watches a lot of Dutch & German football and is obviously Rangers mad as well. He's a moderator over on Gersnet & has written articles about the Dutch football youth system.

Not saying those quotes I posted are accurate, just telling you what I know which is that Pete isn't some hippy dude sitting getting stoned in coffee shops. :craphead: