Would you Take Part in a Protest Against Lloyds Bank?

Frankie

Lloyds Bank Protest  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Would you protest before the Valentines Day match v Hibs?

• Yes
    • Not sure - we have a vital match that day
    • No
    • Undecided

I don't bank with Lloyds TSB so I've no accounts to close with them, but if I did - I'd close them.

As for joining with "other fans' groups" in a demonstration - would they be, for example, the FF crew and the present RST hierarchy?

I'll tick a 'No' to that one thanks.

The agenda over there isn't my agenda and I agree with GCL, 'Uncle' Walter knows how to play the media game and he certainly can twist Chick Young round his little finger.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Walter is pissed that he can’t sign anyone and if he stays on beyond the summer it will only be if he can sign players (especially if he wins the leagues) He may be getting the warning shots in early. If that si what you mean by own interests then i agree.

All guess work but just as likely as anything else…..

Seems Smith may be about to comment more on the situation.

That and a credible alternative to the Bank/MIH may help focus the minds.

As for joining with "other fans' groups" in a demonstration - would they be, for example, the FF crew and the present RST hierarchy?

The agenda over there isn't my agenda and I agree with GCL, 'Uncle' Walter knows how to play the media game and he certainly can twist Chick Young round his little finger.

I guess it would all depend on what they had to offer as to whether parity between fansites etc could be achieved. I'm sure everyone could put past quarrels aside when we have something to important to debate.

I guess it would all depend on what they had to offer as to whether parity between fansites etc could be achieved. I'm sure everyone could put past quarrels aside when we have something to important to debate.

History shows different Frankie.

Could Contacts, for example, in all good faith join a protest that involved the FF club?

I doubt it.

No, I'll steer clear thanks. As stated, their agenda differs from mine. :angry:

An organised closure of lloyds accounts by supporters of The Rangers would do more to focus the banks attention than anything else I can think of.

Agreed - any protest before (or after) a match, would perhaps be as part of a wider strategy containing activities like you mention above.

Thousands of simple savings accounts opened with a deposit of just 1 pound at Lloyds - instantly ready to be closed - would also make it clear to the bank that organised protest can (and will) harm them where it hurts them most.

Difficult to organise perhaps - but far from impossible. The RST once managed to galvanise many Rangers supporters to part with money in aid of the club.

Before i start i like that you are thinking of things to do but this would need 10000 current lloyds customers to withdraw £3000 each(this would only cover £30M) and these would need to be customers with no debt with lloyds. As said before this isnt the way to go about it.

I think Walter is pissed that he can’t sign anyone and if he stays on beyond the summer it will only be if he can sign players (especially if he wins the leagues) He may be getting the warning shots in early. If that si what you mean by own interests then i agree.

All guess work but just as likely as anything else…..

Seems Smith may be about to comment more on the situation.

That and a credible alternative to the Bank/MIH may help focus the minds.

where ?

Could Contacts, for example, in all good faith join a protest that involved the FF club?

I doubt it.

I think any debate about the future of our club goes beyond on or two people on internet forums.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to work with certain people but it up to us to ensure any protest has maximum subscription if it is properly organised and if it has the support/involvement of the correct people. This would go beyond any internet forum or fans group for it to achieve genuine credibility with the majority of fans.

where ?

Rumours abound that he may speak more to the media in due course.

Of course, once again, this is only rumour which is why I'm trying through this thread to show that rumour and poor organisation isn't enough to gain widespread support.

The poll seems to be asking whether we will jump up and down and shout "Boo to Lloyds" without much reference to detail: "who, what, why, when, where"?

You've answered the "when and where". What about the "who, what, why"? Until then, the only logical reply can be "no".

I doubt it.

I think any debate about the future of our club goes beyond on or two people on internet forums.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to work with certain people but it up to us to ensure any protest has maximum subscription if it is properly organised and if it has the support/involvement of the correct people. This would go beyond any internet forum or fans group for it to achieve genuine credibility with the majority of fans.

I respect your opinion, however, as stated, allow myself and others to differ.

For the record, I will not attend any demonstration that involves the present regime of the RST.

:pierre:

The poll seems to be asking whether we will jump up and down and shout "Boo to Lloyds" without much reference to detail: "who, what, why, when, where"?

You've answered the "when and where". What about the "who, what, why"? Until then, the only logical reply can be "no".

Which is exactly the point of the poll: to show poor organisation and objectives would not work.

It needs clear and credible leadership and given I've posted this poll across three different forums, without that it would be doomed to failure.

Thanks for all the replies so far - very helpful stuff! :)

Would you be prepared to work hand in hand with those on FF ? as i'm sure you are aware that they are trying to orginise some form of " Organised protest " and they are hoping to work with all other fan groups and forums.

I certainly wouldn’t get involved in protests that are being organised by individuals who are using follow follow and the herald group to try to get there cronies ownership of the club when they can’t afford it….

(tu)

Im still waiting for someone to tell me what the banks have done so wrong for us

Its the clubs fault were in this mess not the banks

Thanks for all the replies so far - very helpful stuff! :)

Would you be prepared to work hand in hand with those on FF ? as i'm sure you are aware that they are trying to orginise some form of " Organised protest " and they are hoping to work with all other fan groups and forums.

I'm prepared to work with all supporters as I always have been.

However, with all due respect, any protest movement (as opposed to one single event) would need to be organised, led and backed by people more credible than those who run an internet forum.

I certainly wouldn’t get involved in protests that are being organised by individuals who are using follow follow and the herald group to try to get there cronies ownership of the club when they can’t afford it….

Again, the reason for this thread.

To precipitate credible leadership with clear reasons why we should be backing those who wish to back our club.

It's not the bank's fault the club's in this mess.

Absolutely.

Indeed, two - perhaps three - of the alleged people involved in this consortium were part of the RFC board guilty of the mismanagement that has put us in this situation.

All the more reason for the consortium to break cover and show us why they're now the correct people for the future.

Again, the reason for this thread.

To precipitate credible leadership with clear reasons why we should be backing those who wish to back our club.

The new implication that Walter smith is part of this merry band is stretching credibility somewhat….. :sherlock:

If the situation is as bad as i suspect it may be then yes i'd join a protest, right now we don't know enough and we need some clarity.

Sadly i don't think our fans will stick together on this. (i'm not doing it if anyone from FF's there blah blah blah) All our fans groups and froums need to stick together otherwise any protest would just be laughed at.