Would you Take Part in a Protest Against Lloyds Bank?

Frankie

Lloyds Bank Protest  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Would you protest before the Valentines Day match v Hibs?

• Yes
    • Not sure - we have a vital match that day
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1zdrabp.jpg

"Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing."

What pish - and regurgitated and plagerised pish at that!

Ah the 2 resident shit stirring pricks raise their heads huh... :lol:

Learn to spell or use a spell checker ya fud ! (td)

Fuck knows why they tolerate you on here

An organised closure of lloyds accounts by supporters of The Rangers would do more to focus the banks attention than anything else I can think of.

Agreed - any protest before (or after) a match, would perhaps be as part of a wider strategy containing activities like you mention above.

Thousands of simple savings accounts opened with a deposit of just 1 pound at Lloyds - instantly ready to be closed - would also make it clear to the bank that organised protest can (and will) harm them where it hurts them most.

Difficult to organise perhaps - but far from impossible. The RST once managed to galvanise many Rangers supporters to part with money in aid of the club.

Before i start i like that you are thinking of things to do but this would need 10000 current lloyds customers to withdraw £3000 each(this would only cover £30M) and these would need to be customers with no debt with lloyds. As said before this isnt the way to go about it.

I'd have thought it would be a resource nightmare for any bank to have thousands of customers opening and closing bank accounts at a pound throw. Staff and bank time, the admin costs, the PR nightmare unfolding before their eyes and so on.

I'm not so naive as to think this would floor Lloyds - but it would certainly rattle their fundamentally corrupt cage. And if sound, profitable business accounts or large deposit holders indicated they were also willing to act - Lloyds attention would be keenly focused on how find a resolution sharpish.

No. We're in the best possible hands right now.

The bank won't let us take any gambles like Leeds did.

Can't really agree that we arei n the best possible hands. OK they are not going to let us get into the same situation as what happened with Leeds.

But questions need answered WS has publically stated that more players will be leaving in the summer to lower the wage bill (what next do we play with a full team of under 21s til the debt is cleared)

We certainly aint in the best hands be it through SDM or LBG as we just seem to be getting into a worse state even with the CL money coming in this season and we have not seen a penny of that to bring any players to the club.

1zdrabp.jpg

“Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.”

Is this not all just rumour. Are any of these things known as fact.................

Protesting is not going to get us a new owner, which is the only way out of this

We got rid of only 1 player of note; he hadn't played for us for months including our glorious December. We were told in the Autumn that we had only 30-odd days to save our club. That was unsubstantiated scaremongering and those that passed on that 'information' have less credibility now, not more.

Apparently they gave us a stay of execution due to the mysterious (sic) consortium......that apparently is a FACT......

Yes, exactly. I'm Mr Universe. FACT.

We'll see how it pans out guys.

You can sit here criticizing and writing articles.

I'd like to have thought that petty squabbles would have been put to one side to unite for Rangers. Clearly not.

All the best.

This is what I have to laugh at.

Just because everyone doesnt pander to you and think that the information your providing is spot on then we suddenly dont want the best for Rangers.

The simple truth is that theres more evidence for the fact that your indulging in drama queen-esque scaremongering than there is for any of the "Insider info" being posted in the past 24 hours having a grain of substance.

But of course, instead of taking it on the chin and accepting not everyone thinks the same as you, you decide its cross-board squabbling and people not being as Rangers as you.

Feel free to continue and Ill continue to take every word you post with a rather large dollop of salt.

I take it all this talk of organising protests and leaflets etc have come from FF ?

Dont buy into anything i read on that site to be honest, the website and owner only do what is in their best interests rather than the club or the support.

I take it all this talk of organising protests and leaflets etc have come from FF ?

Dont buy into anything i read on that site to be honest, the website and owner only do what is in their best interests rather than the club or the support.

Of course by thinking that your not as Rangers minded as them and must not want whats best for the club.

We got rid of only 1 player of note; he hadn't played for us for months including our glorious December. We were told in the Autumn that we had only 30-odd days to save our club. That was unsubstantiated scaremongering and those that passed on that 'information' have less credibility now, not more.

Apparently they gave us a stay of execution due to the mysterious (sic) consortium......that apparently is a FACT......

I'd like to have thought that petty squabbles would have been put to one side to unite for Rangers. Clearly not.

All the best.

Just because everyone doesnt pander to you and think that the information your providing is spot on then we suddenly dont want the best for Rangers.

The simple truth is that theres more evidence for the fact that your indulging in drama queen-esque scaremongering than there is for any of the "Insider info" being posted in the past 24 hours having a grain of substance.

But of course, instead of taking it on the chin and accepting not everyone thinks the same as you, you decide its cross-board squabbling and people not being as Rangers as you.

Feel free to continue and Ill continue to take every word you post with a rather large dollop of salt.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People will read what scgers and OOA have posted here and may think that Lloyds bank and donald muir are satan incarnate and will rush down to ibrox at high noon :ph34r: on the 14th to protest.

I am far from convinced by what they have said about Muir and even further from being convinced by the consortium the pair of them back. On top of that the performance by the RST spokesman last night was naive and confirmed my worst fears about this protest when he said rangers shouldn't have to pay back there debt to Lloyds "because they are rangers" .

Sorry for being realistic but life doesn't work like that. To question my or boss's support of the club because we don't agree with what is posted on another MB is ridiculous but something that I have seen many times before.

I even received a few abusive pm's last night..... (a few being slightly more than normal ) :lol:

Of course by thinking that your not as Rangers minded as them and must not want whats best for the club.

How do you come to that conclusion ?? <cr>

I just want some evidence of all this unrest, rather than just jumping on the bandwagon of a website that lost a lot of credibility from me and i would imagine many more after all the cloak and daggers of the RST saga.

Head in the sand loyal

No it is worth the argument as the majority of fans without access to the information you have will have the same moderate opinions.

Ergo, to accuse people of having their head in the sand (even if they are wrong in your opinion) isn't conductive to a good protest campaign. I think most people - the majority even - are aware of how serious the situation is. Even if they don't believe you, Walter Smith's words and contacts' posts of late last year, should help them appreciate how worried the rest of us are.

Nevertheless, people are still entitled to retain doubt because the facts still tell them the opposite. Therefore it is vital to work on these people constructively to change their minds than pulling out of any debate at the first signs of difficulty.

:)

How do you come to that conclusion ?? <cr>

I just want some evidence of all this unrest, rather than just jumping on the bandwagon of a website that lost a lot of credibility from me and i would imagine many more after all the cloak and daggers of the RST saga.

So do I.

Im agreeing with you.

I was meaning other people come to that conclusion to deflect from the fact they are unable to back up what they post.

All the best.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People will read what scgers and OOA have posted here and may think that Lloyds bank and donald muir are satan incarnate and will rush down to ibrox at high noon :ph34r: on the 14th to protest.

I am far from convinced by what they have said about Muir and even further from being convinced by the consortium the pair of them back. On top of that the performance by the RST spokesman last night was naive and confirmed my worst fears about this protest when he said rangers shouldn't have to pay back there debt to Lloyds "because they are rangers" .

Sorry for being realistic but life doesn't work like that. To question my or boss's support of the club because we don't agree with what is posted on another MB is ridiculous but something that I have seen many times before.

I even received a few abusive pm's last night..... (a few being slightly more than normal ) :lol:

Everybody is indeed entitled to their opinion, its a shame though when you express your own opinion people lower themselves to snidey digs questioning your support or telling you have had your head in the sand.

Ive still not saw much proof to back any of this up but of course, I have my head in the sand by not believing two guys on an internet messageboard. Especially when one is passing on info from a guy that knows Darrel King.

I think lloyds should be pressured to reveal exactly what it is they want from us. From the limited info I've heard it seems like they want all their money back. If so then why aren't other clubs faced with the same demand, or are we the only club with lloyds? Can we talk to another bank willing to be cooperative with the debt?

All the talk of opening and closing accounts - I fail to see how this helps, yes it costs lloyds money but that just makes them even more demanding of people who owe them money and they'll just want money from rangers even sooner.

I respect everyones opinion but some on this thread sound like if we should take everything they say as gospel, if not then you are either thick, dont care for rangers or lick the banks arse.

I now see how some forums work where if you post something they dont like then it gets deleted.