Sir David Murray remember him ?

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye, he only got us 9 in a row and a uefa european final and equivalent of a CL semi final. man's an arse clearly! :rolleyes:

some of you muppets want to focus on the devil you dont know, rather than the one you do. wise up bawbags.

im no great fan of murray and i know the money he's made stacks out the club, but rather than focus on that, look at the management decisions he's made to bring continued success - it's unparallelled throughout history. SDM's role os the most successful - how do you argue with that?

Answer: Easy - if youre an eternally dissatisfied and disillusioned person with a beyond normal fixation on your football club. Time to draw the curtains nurse.

He should be hung for what he has done to our great club.

Not you too Lee? :anguish:

Ach, I remember Rangers before SDM and I'll (hopefully) remember them after he has gone. I'm not his biggest fan, but Sir David Murray has done a LOT for our great club. To only focus on what's gone wrong, not the successes and the good times, is selfish and immediate.

Nothing more to add, credit where it's due. Time was up a while ago, but we all (including SDM) knew that.

One more question, without a buyer for the last few years, what should he have done?

People too easily forget what the club was like before SDM took us over. If we had continued on without the investment of SDM, who really thinks we'd have won 9IAR? Got to the semi's of the old european cup, got to the uefa cup final? I for one don't. I accept we are in dire dire straights right now but if it hadn't have been for him we'd have been your average run of the mill club. We wouldn't have had the success we've achieved and we wouldn't have aspired to become the great club we are today. Without SDM, we'd be Motherwell.

Ach, I remember Rangers before SDM and I'll (hopefully) remember them after he has gone. I'm not his biggest fan, but Sir David Murray has done a LOT for our great club. To only focus on what's gone wrong, not the successes and the good times, is selfish and immediate.

Nothing more to add, credit where it's due. Time was up a while ago, but we all (including SDM) knew that.

One more question, without a buyer for the last few years, what should he have done?

Yes, he helped a great deal for the club to achieve 9 in a row and took a big risk during the Advocaat years. I never ciriticised Murray for overspending as we chased success in Europe under Wee Dick, he did well to wittle that debt down to a manageable level during the McLeish Era.

But once that had been achieved he told the fans that Rangers would never spend above their means so long as he was in charge and that we would never be in such a poor financial situation again. Well what a fucking lie that was. He threw money at Walter Smith knowing that we couldn't afford it and we'd be running up a substantial amount of debt which we could not control.

He will always be remembered as the man who almost destroyed our football club with his completely irresponsible attitude towards spending and his ridiculous statements to appease the support whenever criticism was directed at him.

Coupled with the loss of many of our great traditions under our ownership, his disregard for the way our support are percieved in the media and wider community and the unforgivable cowardice in surrendering the Billy Boys to UEFA without a wimper.

Sir David Murray will never get any respect from me.

People too easily forget what the club was like before SDM took us over. If we had continued on without the investment of SDM, who really thinks we'd have won 9IAR? Got to the semi's of the old european cup, got to the uefa cup final? I for one don't. I accept we are in dire dire straights right now but if it hadn't have been for him we'd have been your average run of the mill club. We wouldn't have had the success we've achieved and we wouldn't have aspired to become the great club we are today. Without SDM, we'd be Motherwell.

It was under the stewardship of David Holmes who turned the fortunes of our club around and made us an attractive proposition.

Yes, he helped a great deal for the club to achieve 9 in a row and took a big risk during the Advocaat years. I never ciriticised Murray for overspending as we chased success in Europe under Wee Dick, he did well to wittle that debt down to a manageable level during the McLeish Era.

But once that had been achieved he told the fans that Rangers would never spend above their means so long as he was in charge and that we would never be in such a poor financial situation again. Well what a fucking lie that was. He threw money at Walter Smith knowing that we couldn't afford it and we'd be running up a substantial amount of debt which we could not afford.

He will always be remembered as the man who almost destroyed our football club with his completely irresponsible attitude towards spending and his ridiculous statements to appease the support whenever criticism was directed at him.

Coupled with the loss of many of our great traditions under our ownership, his disregard for the way our support are percieved in the media and wider community and the unforgivable cowardice in surrendering the Billy Boys to UEFA without a wimper.

£31m is a perfectly manageable debt for a business the size of ranger in any era other than this.

if it wasnt for the likes of the BANK OF Scotland FUCKING THINGS UP then we wouldnt be facing the tough times we are all being faced to endure.

Take your anger out on the banks like HBawS (cocksuckers that they are) BUT dont forget that normal successful businesspeople were making a good show of things before the Banks fucked it all up for almost all of us.

aye, he only got us 9 in a row and a uefa european final and equivalent of a CL semi final. man's an arse clearly! :rolleyes:

some of you muppets want to focus on the devil you dont know, rather than the one you do. wise up bawbags.

im no great fan of murray and i know the money he's made stacks out the club, but rather than focus on that, look at the management decisions he's made to bring continued success - it's unparallelled throughout history. SDM's role os the most successful - how do you argue with that?

Answer: Easy - if youre an eternally dissatisfied and disillusioned person with a beyond normal fixation on your football club. Time to draw the curtains nurse.

Exactly, hate him for making us a bigger club than what we were before he took over :rolleyes: fuck him :sherlock:

Muppets? You have a nerve to call other Rangers supporters muppets?

To quote you: "look at the management decisions he's made to bring continued success"

Well with those same management decisions he has brought Rangers to it's knees.

The success on the park is unargueable, but going by your logic we have only to celebrate the good he gave the club and not what he did afterwards.

It's well known and well documented his first 10 years were a tremendous success and his last 10 years an unmitigating disaster.

People like you who have supported him on the back of the first ten years are as much to blame for the apathy at our club and part of the reason we are where we are now.

As for unparalled history? How so? The t**** did 9IAR before us. We were in European finals before SDM came along.

He has raped our club financially since he bought it, he sold off assets of an institution that were set in stone to allow us to avoid this situation, he spent money which wasn't his getting this club into debt.

Bawbags?

If I were admin on this site you'd be banned, you have an opinion which is fine, but to call other Rangers supporters muppets and bawbags for their opinions is below the belt in the context you wrote it.

You're either a T*** or an attention seeker, one of the two.

How do you argue with the mess the club is in, our club has never been in this mess, and you are the muppet if you cant see that. But do tell me did we never have any succcess before Murray came along.

But once that had been achieved he told the fans that Rangers would never spend above their means so long as he was in charge and that we would never be in such a poor financial situation again. Well what a fucking lie that was. He threw money at Walter Smith knowing that we couldn't afford it and we'd be running up a substantial amount of debt which we could not afford.

I agree almost wholeheartedly about the downsides of his "reign," albeit it has all come after he has stated that he wants out.

Frankly, the Rangers support would moan whether he had: overspent; underspent; medium-spent-but-on-the-wrong-players;......

Having said that, I am 100% in agreement about the lack of regard for our supporters' treatment. By the time of TBB "trial" he should have been long gone already, but his appeasement of the press has done a huge amount of damage to the support of this club.

He has done his fair share of harm, but imo without him we would not be in a position to be in bother from UEFA in the first place...

Exactly, hate him for making us a bigger club than what we were before he took over :rolleyes: fuck him :sherlock:

and the mess he has left us in :rolleyes:

This charlatan has took us to the brink of bankrupcy then washed his hands of us.

WTF??

this is the kind of moron im talking about. washed his hands.... - Still majority shareholder from last i saw.

Yeah - lots of majority shareholders couldnt give a fuck about their shares!

tit.

Did we not get to European finals and win one before Murray came along.

This charlatan has took us to the brink of bankrupcy then washed his hands of us.

WTF??

this is the kind of moron im talking about. washed his hands.... - Still majority shareholder from last i saw.

Yeah - lots of majority shareholders couldnt give a fuck about their shares!

tit.

Muppets, moron, tit... very good :rolleyes:

He didn't get us any of that, the manager who was in charge did.

You deserve to be laughed at, your attitude towards fellow Rangers fans is disgusting.

Call anyone a "bawbag" on this forum again and you are in pre-mod. If you can't put your point across without being abusive then don't do it at all.