Would you like to see Bougherra moved to right back?

kyle

179 members have voted

1. 1. Bougherra to play right back ?

• yes
    • no

the big man plays there for algeria and does well and i think it would work for because it would suit his attacking style better and allow wilson to be played in the centre or papac in the centre and whittaker elsewhere which i think would be better for us

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you'd be happy for us 2 move our best defender out of position, and stick Papac in his place doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

just a suggestion as whittaker and broadfoot i think are liabilities papac is a natural centre half and bougherras playing stlye imo would be suited to a full back

so you'd be happy for us 2 move our best defender out of position, and stick Papac in his place doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

just a suggestion as whittaker and broadfoot i think are liabilities papac is a natural centre half and bougherras playing stlye imo would be suited to a full back

Papac is also a liability on the left, worse in the centre iirc, but having good defenders like Bougie in the middle is how we get away with having terrible right and left backs, taking Bougie out of the middle would be a disaster imo of course ;)

i can see both sides of this to be honest, our best centreback being moved or moving him into argurably one of the weaker areas of the team and allowing one of the most promising youngsters in years to play and progress. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing this is in a couple of games but whittaker looked alright agaisnt hibs and if he could maintain this form on a consistent basis then there would be no need for this option.

It's shows that when all the players are returning form injury that walter does have numerous options and that there is a bit a strength to most of the squad, albeit the right and left wing positions.

It's a good idea, but I think he should remain C.B. We need that kind of player in the heart of our defence. Strong, and has saved us so many times with goals line clearences and last ditch tackles.