Surely not Walter

Thermopylae

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the last two old firm games were 4-4-2, he was forced into changes at the piggery quite early due to injuries to players and the way they came at us, and was forced into changes quite early at the last game at Ibrox due to injuries.

Would be very surprised if he didn't start with Boyd and Miller for this game and I also wouldn't be surprised if Boyd scored in this game.

I think Boyd and Miller will start with Whittaker and Davis either side of Thomson and big Lee in midfield. Novo, Lafferty and Beasley are good impact players to have, but since beasley isnt match fit yet and the other 2 haven't had their best performances when they've been given a start recently I think we will see 4-4-2 but with a more defence oriented midfield.

Starting novo and beasley on the wings and davis in the middle with 2 up front is a bit too attack minded for Smiths tastes.

He can play Kyle Lafferty up on his own for all I care, as long as we win,, or avoid defeat!

Fcuk know's what he will do, but he must get it right, and so must the players once they are on the park.

Exactly... some people are fixated on Boyd that they are missing the main point, and that's getting a result (tu)

If both Boyd and Miller don't start on Sunday, barring injury, I will leave RM for good.

Is that a promise? :lol:

Yes, it is. :lol:

Please don't this place will never be the same... :P

:lol:

I wonder if it'll cause the same uproar as the two that got banned?

He can play Kyle Lafferty up on his own for all I care, as long as we win,, or avoid defeat!

Fcuk know's what he will do, but he must get it right, and so must the players once they are on the park.

Exactly... some people are fixated on Boyd that they are missing the main point, and that's getting a result (tu)

I think people are more fixated on getting the result using the best players at our disposal, Boyd and Miller up front in a 442 being that.

miller will start, not sure about boyd

like others, im not bothered who plays, as long as we win, although picking certain players in certain positions does give you a better/worse chance of winning.

if we dont play boyd, then i dont know who else we can reply on to take any chances created

Sir Walter may go 5 in the middle, for his own reasons of course, raselik basically play a 4-2-4

I think people are more fixated on getting the result using the best players at our disposal, Boyd and Miller up front in a 442 being that.

Football is all about options and different set ups to gain a advantage, this could be one of those times to strengthening one area of the pitch like central midfield in a 3, to gain more of a advantage and spring a surprise.

It's not always about playing 2 up front you know, but it is a good option to have later on in the game ;)

Football is all about options and different set ups to gain a advantage, this could be one of those times to strengthening one area of the pitch like central midfield in a 3, to gain more of a advantage and spring a surprise.

It's not always about playing 2 up front you know, but it is a good option to have later on in the game ;)

We tried all these options out at the start of the season and stupidly in the Champions League.

Our best football this season has been played in a 442 with attacking open football, all played on the floor.

We tried all these options out at the start of the season and stupidly in the Champions League.

Our best football this season has been played in a 442 with attacking open football, all played on the floor.

If we played 4-4-2 in the Champions league we would have got picked apart as much as we did, we were well and truly out of our depth this season. we could hardly string two passes together let alone dominate teams and get the ball up to our front two.

I just wonder if Boyd was the leading man in the 4-5-1 option, if certain posters would be concerned about us going to that.

We strangle their midfield come Sunday and frustrate them into mistakes and over commit, we can pick them off at will. we open up from the start and go for it, we leave ourselves a wee bit vulnerable in the midfield area. It's all about patience in this game come Sunday and the good thing is we hold all the cards.

Boyd has not looked match sharp since he returned from injury. Is he the best option available for Sunday? I'm not so sure.

Walter will likely go 4-1-4-1.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed on Sunday if they are expecting an attack minded 4-4-2.

Is that the same 4-4-2 that has been slated every game this season (With exception of 4 games in December)

The same 4-4-2, that has Thomson and McCulloch in midfield who cannot play together

and the same 4-4-2, when switched to in the champions league, got us destroyed off Sevilla and Unirea.

That the one your talking about?

I just wonder if Boyd was the leading man in the 4-5-1 option, if certain posters would be concerned about us going to that.

Thats rubbish and you know it mate :lol:

Boyd in a 4-5-1 would be close to useless (see the last Old Firm game).

Is that the same 4-4-2 that has been slated every game this season (With exception of 4 games in December)

The same 4-4-2, that has Thomson and McCulloch in midfield who cannot play together

and the same 4-4-2, when switched to in the champions league, got us destroyed off Sevilla and Unirea.

That the one your talking about?

That 4 games was the 'best football' I was talking about, 442, ball played on the floor (not lumped up the park), players used out wide (Novo, Beasley) simple passes, Davis was influential, Boyd and Miller thriving on all the ammunition.

If Boyd and Beasley didn't get injured and Miller suspended followed by injured our strong footballing team of December wouldn't have broken up into that 442 of 2nd team players we saw.

I've already said in a different thread that Thomson and McCulloch shouldn't play together in the middle of the 442, middle at our best was Beasley - Davis - Thomson/McCulloch - Novo.

The one that beat an in form Hibernian 4-1 after going a goal down away from home.

Aye, that's the one I'm talking about.

Thats rubbish and you know it mate :lol:

Boyd in a 4-5-1 would be close to useless (see the last Old Firm game).

Is it, I doubt they would be so much rigmarole if Boyd was the preferred one to start in this type of system, and Miller was the one to drop out.

IMO... How we set up in midfield is where we'll win this game, but at the end of the day whatever team, system, or formation Walter decides to put out on Sunday will be fine.