l.mcg

Smith must go?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Smith Must GO?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly hope he's not here this time next season. Maybe Ally but hopefully a whole new coaching staff.

why exactly ?

Because boab said this ages ago and is too proud to admit he got it totally wrong and would prefer to make an arse of himself every time the manager is discussed than admit he was wrong...... (tu)

:mutley:

He wants us to ditch a successful manager in search of a more attractive brand of football

Worryingly familiar

I've never ever said that.

Until your next post?

Its what you mean no matter how you word it

Its not.

No where near as simple as that.

Certainly hope he's not here this time next season. Maybe Ally but hopefully a whole new coaching staff.

why exactly ?

Because boab said this ages ago and is too proud to admit he got it totally wrong and would prefer to make an arse of himself every time the manager is discussed than admit he was wrong...... (tu)

Understand now

Nah, just prefer to see a Manager to mix the team around with youth better (Fleck up-front, Wylde giving more of a chance, Wilson in with Magic, Ness getting his chance as promised and even Loy getting game-time) better width, better pace and a more skilful effective team.

Why would you want unexperienced young players in the team instead of player's who do their job and do their part and have been doing so all season, dont need fleck or wilson or anybody else, everything is working out perfect right now yet you still can't help complain.

Smith should have walked after Kaunus, however he stuck it out and has turned things around incredibely.

At this moment in time he is the only man who should be managing Rangers.

What was the difference with that and that romanian pub team this season?

That Romanian pub team is so bad they took points from Stuttgart and Sevilla too. They are far better than Kaunus.

Yes they did but they never pumped Sevilla or Stuttgart 4-1 away...

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYBODY WHO VOTED YES...WHO THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO GET WHO WOULD DO S GOOD A JOB AS HE WOULD...???

he is working for no wages, 2nd year of title, treble a possibility...

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYBODY WHO VOTED YES...WHO THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO GET WHO WOULD DO S GOOD A JOB AS HE WOULD...???

He is not working for no wages.....

He is working without a contract, does anyone really believe Walter is doing this for free???

Anyway, clearly the OP was an attempt to display how opinions have changed, just 2 weeks ago there were plenty of people still wanting him to walk at the end of this season and now 90% believe he should stay. OP has made a very reasonable point and while doing it through an "I told you so" type thread is perhaps not the most dignified, his point remains the same.

Boab will just never accept that Walter is doing a miraculous job with the resource and the circumstance he has to operate in and that there is unlikely to be anyone else ANYWHERE that is a safer pair of hands for Rangers right now and until we see a change of ownership. This is the same Boab who confidently predicted that Rangers would never win the league under Walter Smith. So confident that he had it as his sig for months in Walters second season. Well, here we are, chasing two in a row, on for a treble, and looking like being top dog in domestic terms for the foreseeable future and there is a minority that still think we would be better off without him..... nout queer as folk

We as fans have done this a few times..... before we have said Walt must go. me myself have thought it, but i decided not to say anything and wait it out. Due to our funding situation. Walt knows what he wants, he knows what he can do with nothing and with money.... i would keep walt until he is on his death bed!!!!

Fans who pays good money to watch a team have a right to an opinion.Unfortunately opinions are like arseholes...

Everybody has one and are usually full of shit! doh

Walter will never please everybody and thank fuck he doesn't have to.His record with our club will take some beating even with a manager who is allowed to spend and I don't care who you get in...Bring in the youth of the future you say! Who would you like us to have? fuckin Tony Mowbray?

As far as saying ANY team from Europe who wins their league is a "Pub Team". you sure as fuck don't know anything about football pal.

KEEP GOING WALTER :uk::clap:

Don't think he's working for no wages,were did you get that from?

why exactly ?

Understand now

Nah, just prefer to see a Manager to mix the team around with youth better (Fleck up-front, Wylde giving more of a chance, Wilson in with Magic, Ness getting his chance as promised and even Loy getting game-time) better width, better pace and a more skilful effective team.

Be careful what you wish for Boab. I cannot believe you want Smith to go at the end of the season.

It's not as if there are hundreds of other potential managers out there just itching to join us. We could be heading down the Celtic route in seconds.

We are seeing an increased youth presence in the team, albeit not as much as some would like. However, in my opinion, the only thing that's held us together these last few months is Walter Smith. And without him we could be in a dark, dark place.

The op has to be a fishing expidition. Especially after sundays game. Walter Smith is a Rangers legend, what he has achieved this year with all the restraints he has had to put up with. There is not any other manager of note who would have put up with this.

Have to say I love an 'I told you so' thread. Football fans tend to be fickle, as it's a results business and if you don't get the results people will be on your back.

why exactly ?

Understand now

Unbelivable doh

This is the same Boab who confidently predicted that Rangers would never win the league under Walter Smith. So confident that he had it as his sig for months in Walters second season. Well, here we are, chasing two in a row, on for a treble, and looking like being top dog in domestic terms for the foreseeable future and there is a minority that still think we would be better off without him..... nout queer as folk

I didn't have it in my sig for months, the RM member blueboy94 had it in his sig as a reminder before the season ended and remains there since as a taunt I suppose. Thats cool, we live and die by our mistakes.

That also cost me £50 as I said if we won the league then I'd give that to the Rangers Charity Foundation :scot:

Be careful what you wish for Boab. I cannot believe you want Smith to go at the end of the season.

It's not as if there are hundreds of other potential managers out there just itching to join us. We could be heading down the Celtic route in seconds.

We are seeing an increased youth presence in the team, albeit not as much as some would like. However, in my opinion, the only thing that's held us together these last few months is Walter Smith. And without him we could be in a dark, dark place.

Why wouldn't there be? We are a massive club!

Is Walter right for now, yes, but not in the medium term IMO.

As I said earlier, I do think him staying on without a contract has clouded opinions somewhat.

Why wouldn't there be? We are a massive club!

Is Walter right for now, yes, but not in the medium term IMO.

Thats a pretty naive view... We're in a shitty league thats going downhill by the year, We're in dire financial conditions, The next few seasons its going to be harder to qualify for the Champs league, Look at Celtic, despite how much we hate them they are a massive club aswell, and Mowbray was the best they could get? Its not as simple as "We're a big club so that means other managers will jump at the chance..." Personally of all the managers realistically available to us i believe we have the best.

Poor Boab.

Full of your own shite as per usual.

I'd like to think I'm not full of anybody's else's shite.

That'd be weird.

I hope this doesn't shows up in recent blood tests!