Final Fantasy 13

Scott-RFC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raging, was hoping it was going to arrive a day early like it usually does with Play. No such luck though. Was looking forward to getting stuck in after my 10hour working day. :(

Hopefully get it tomorrow.

FFX kinda put me off the series im afraid to say :disappointment:

for some reason, it was just to linear, i prefer the old world maps, where you could eventually go ANYWHERE on it and do anything

FF8 world map was astounding, especially for levelling up your characters

True.

I was hoping the power of a ps3 would be able to make transitions betweens towns/cities and the world map seamless. Looks like they've just not bothered with a world map anymore. Shame.

Excuse me girls do play games and i am one of them lol.

Still undecided, spent a mini fortune lately on games and really want this but have been told i would be better going for version 7.

Is the new game any good ?

As long as its these games:

Cooking_guide_coverart.png

imagine-cooking.jpg

free-hidden-object-games-36.jpg

Leave kicking arse to the men. :wink:

Still undecided, spent a mini fortune lately on games and really want this but have been told i would be better going for version 7.

imagine-cooking.jpg

Hee Hee!

Gaming is not just for men you know, i would be devastated if anything happened to my x box.

imagine-cooking.jpg

Hee Hee!

Gaming is not just for men you know, i would be devastated if anything happened to my x box.

well keep it out the kitchen when your doing the dishes then :craphead:

imagine-cooking.jpg

Lol! I like cooking also but the x box is the ultimate.

Hee Hee!

well keep it out the kitchen when your doing the dishes then :craphead:

I am loving this game, not sure how many hours I've already played it, but have gotten stuck at the moment, probably through exhaustion of not having any sleep playing the game!

Just can't get past Fang's fight with Bahaumut, will need to look at my different Paradigms (spelling) and try a different strategy!

Played it a couple of days ago, just to win the Fang individual fight, almost straight after that you have to do the same with Hope's, haven't had the chance to play the game much since, but will be this weekend for a bit.

What does annoy me about these games is when you start to receive missions away from the main story line you don't have a menu telling you what mission you're on!

Absolutely brilliant game so far (Only played a few hours).

As for the 7th: It's still the best Final Fantasy game ever, but I feel it's a bit outdated.

The movie clips are still incredible though.

The linear part is supposedly over after Part 8 or 9.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Gitch.

Still tempted to buy version 7 for ps1.

It's very very good. If you like RPGs then you certainly won't be disappointed.

As I've said before, get a DS emulator for your PC and FFIV for free (DS version)if you can. Well worth a play.

After playing for 6-10 hours I'm a bit disappointed with the battle system. It's the equivalent of say a racing game where you only control the accelerator and gears but don't do much actual steering.

They shouldn't have been so quick to ditch the battle system from XII IMO. Reckon they read too much into the games lacking sales; it was born at the ass end of the PS2's lifespan when people were upgrading.

After playing for 6-10 hours I'm a bit disappointed with the battle system. It's the equivalent of say a racing game where you only control the accelerator and gears but don't do much actual steering.

They shouldn't have been so quick to ditch the battle system from XII IMO. Reckon they read too much into the games lacking sales; it was born at the ass end of the PS2's lifespan when people were upgrading.

The battle system is the fucking core of the game and they've just made it stupid, its not even as if its simple, ye just have next to no control over the battle <cr>:s

I stopped playing it soon after it was bought...