Points of view

Bergy

Took a nosey through some threads and there is an awfull lot of animosity towards Ireland.

99.9% I'd imagine to do with Celtic but there are a fair few Irish Rangers fans. Indeed Rangers Youth Coach is Alan Kernaghan. Ireland international Alan Maybury is said to be a Rangers fan, and Killian Brennan and Joe Lapira had trial with Gers also.

I'm an Irish a Catholic and I have nothing but admiration towards Rangers and it's history and achievements - it's a great Club.

Why is there the bad feeling? Not all Irish are Celtic fans btw. I think it's hyped up more than anything due to their (Celtic) history and support.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its mostly to do with Celtic basicly saying that they ( the club and fans ) are all irish and and all come from ireland. Thats why some players who support celtic and are scottish but have irish relatives would rather player for Ireland and not Scotland. Also doesnt help when Celtic sing songs about dead British soilders and claim not to be british.

Its mostly to do with Celtic basicly saying that they ( the club and fans ) are all irish and and all come from ireland. Thats why some players who support celtic and are scottish but have irish relatives would rather player for Ireland and not Scotland. Also doesnt help when Celtic sing songs about dead British soilders and claim not to be british.

To sing songs about dead soldiers is discusting. People don't think about the families. I was ashamed when some Ireland 'fans' booed Loverkrands for Denmark in 2002 at Lansdowne Road, that the only ever time I witnessed but saying that they could have been Celtic.

this guys surely taking the piss

why ? have you read his other topic at all ?

na, sorry if im mistaking you as one of them :(

if he is then im getting played. But seems to me like he is an Arsenal fan just wanting to know info on the relationship between both our clubs.

this guys surely taking the piss

why ? have you read his other topic at all ?

na, sorry if im mistaking you as one of them :(

if he is then im getting played. But seems to me like he is an Arsenal fan just wanting to know info on the relationship between both our clubs.

im sorry i guess i just jumped straight to conclusions

To sing songs about dead soldiers is discusting. People don't think about the families. I was ashamed when some Ireland 'fans' booed Loverkrands for Denmark in 2002 at Lansdowne Road, that the only ever time I witnessed but saying that they could have been Celtic.

well thats not even the tip of the ice berg from what happens week in week out down here mate. On sunday there in the old firm they booed a minute silence for a former players of ours and then mocked our guest of honour, a brave soilder who suffered severe burn injuries during the Falklands War.

'One of them'???

I'm an Arsenal fan. I came on here to see if I could find out about meeting between both clubs and whilst I was on the forum I took a nosey round at some of the other thread's and just asked a question regarding Ireland, nothing more. If I caused offence my apologies.

'One of them'???

I'm an Arsenal fan. I came on here to see if I could find out about meeting between both clubs and whilst I was on the forum I took a nosey round at some of the other thread's and just asked a question regarding Ireland, nothing more. If I caused offence my apologies.

one of them - a celtic fan

sorry mate i took you the wrong way :(

'One of them'???

Haha we get alot of them comming on and try to read what we post mate.

well thats not even the tip of the ice berg from what happens week in week out down here mate. On sunday there in the old firm they booed a minute silence for a former players of ours and then mocked our guest of honour, a brave soilder who suffered severe burn injuries during the Falklands War.

I seen that. I just thought of the family. If that was one of my family and people booed, I'd be really hurt. Did the stewards not eject the people booing?

Took a nosey through some threads and there is an awfull lot of animosity towards Ireland.

99.9% I'd imagine to do with Celtic but there are a fair few Irish Rangers fans. Indeed Rangers Youth Coach is Alan Kernaghan. Ireland international Alan Maybury is said to be a Rangers fan, and Killian Brennan and Joe Lapira had trial with Gers also.

I'm an Irish a Catholic and I have nothing but admiration towards Rangers and it's history and achievements - it's a great Club.

Why is there the bad feeling? Not all Irish are Celtic fans btw. I think it's hyped up more than anything due to their (Celtic) history and support.

What threads might that be?

I seen that. I just thought of the family. If that was one of my family and people booed, I'd be really hurt. Did the stewards not eject the people booing?

to be honest the stewards should not have let any of them in anyway :lol: no only joking, to be honest most of us new it would have happend, but still isnt correct to do it

'One of them'???

No need for apologies mate. It's just wen ppl come on here sayin they are Irish etc etc, ppl can jump to conclusions. Basically ppl mite think ur maybe a timmy lurker as we would put it(Celtic fan spying on our site). Plz try not to take offence bud

'One of them'???

No need for apologies mate. It's just wen ppl come on here sayin they are Irish etc etc, ppl can jump to conclusions. Basically ppl mite think ur maybe a timmy lurker as we would put it(Celtic fan spying on our site). Plz try not to take offence bud

exaclty what i did, sorry bud

'One of them'???

exaclty what i did, sorry bud

Not to worry. I had a feeling that mentioning Ireland may lead to suspicion but I wanted to know non the less and there are plenty of people here who support Rangers.

im scottish a protestant and i have nothing but admiration towards Rangers and it's history and achievements..

but if i was Irish and a Catholic i would still have nothing but admiration towards Rangers and it's history and achievements but referees ,naw i would hate them tbh.. :lol:

By and large, Ireland and the Irish themselves most of us probably don't have a problem with I would think, but it's the relentless plastic paddy culture shoved down our throats here that we really despise.

This is Scotland, and not Ireland, however much those cunts want it to be/try and make it so.

No problem with any genuine Irish person, as 90% of them really couldn't give a rat's arse about Celtic.

As LF said, the plastic paddy culture over here (in Britain as a whole, not just Scotland) makes me fucking hate them more than I probably should.