Players To Look Out For In The WC

Guest SandyWATP

anyone think Reyes can push himself into the spanish squad ? he's been on fire in the last month or so (bar the weekend where he retaliated to being kicked up and down the park all game) starting to find the form that won him his move to Arsenal , a player spain dont currently have is someone who can run at defenders and ghost past them and put in some decent deliveries

Barring injury, Reyes will NOT be in that squad.

It's so settled that they simply feel no need to do anything about it.

After listening to last week's collection of podcasts, it's clear that things are going along well in Spain. The biggest moan any paper can come up with is a Catalan tabloid running with the headline: "Disgrace - Victor Valdes should be Spain's number three!"

Outwith that, it's the 4-5-1 with Fabregas or the 4-4-2 with Torres debate.

The basic idea is that the squad is so strong and settled that there's no room for anyone to break in.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone think Reyes can push himself into the spanish squad ? he's been on fire in the last month or so (bar the weekend where he retaliated to being kicked up and down the park all game) starting to find the form that won him his move to Arsenal , a player spain dont currently have is someone who can run at defenders and ghost past them and put in some decent deliveries

After listening to last week's collection of podcasts, it's clear that things are going along well in Spain. The biggest moan any paper can come up with is a Catalan tabloid running with the headline: "Disgrace - Victor Valdes should be Spain's number three!"

The basic idea is that the squad is so strong and settled that there's no room for anyone to break in.

This is true a settled side is a winning side

for Chile keep an eye on these two - Humberto Suazo , scored more goals in a month than any other player had for the whole season so far. Mauricio Isla is another player to look out for in the midfield .

Christian Riveros has been courted by the likes of the mighty Sunderland and Birmingham recently and is also one to look out for to see if you think he can cut it in the EPL as is tipped to move in the summer . - plays for Paraguay

Marko Marin, a fan-fooking-tastic German winger, who plays for Werder Bremen, should light up the tournament should he stay fit.

Dominic Adiyiah, all-round Ghanian forward who is absolute quality. Recently signed for AC Milan.

Gervinho, Lyon's Ivorian attacker is another one to look out for. Absolutely sublime player on form!

Gervinho plays for Lille.

(sorry)

(tu)

I was really looking forward to seeing Salvador Cabanas play in this world cup, as he was excellent throughout the qualifiers.

I think he will be a massive miss for Paraguay, allthough they do still have Santa Cruz and Cardozo.

*Edit, had a quick check there and it appears he is trying to be fit for the world cup, which would be a miraculous recovery.

If anyone doesn't know he was shot in the head.

Marko Marin, a fan-fooking-tastic German winger, who plays for Werder Bremen, should light up the tournament should he stay fit.

Dominic Adiyiah, all-round Ghanian forward who is absolute quality. Recently signed for AC Milan.

Gervinho, Lyon's Ivorian attacker is another one to look out for. Absolutely sublime player on form!

Gervinho plays for Lille.

(sorry)

(tu)

Fuck me, dissertation work really does puggle your mind :(

I'd go with Fabregas.

Ozil & Kroos are two players I'm looking forward to seeing.

Football weekly

Just trying to think of some Italian inclusions for people to watch out for. I doubt there will be many surprising inclusions, I think Lippi will select another experienced squad.

Antonio Candreva who signed for Juventus might be a surprise selection, but midfield is such a strong area for Italy that I don't see him making it.

For those who don't watch Serie A, I'd watch out for Marco Borriello of AC Milan. He has had loan deals and co-ownership deals for most of his career, but is now settled at Milan and is the 1st choice striker. He has great strength and those who watch Serie A will know what his finishing is like. Some of his goals have been spectacular. He was recently called up for Italy's friendly against Cameroon(I think?) and I'd say he is currently Italy's best option up front if they play 1 up front.

Luis Suarez, the guys scored 38 goals in 36 games this season for Ajax.

Although I'm not doubting that Luis Suarez is a really good player, it doesn't exactly take much to score that amount in the Eredivisie.

Kezman, Afonso Alves and Huntelaar all scored shitloads in that league but have been classed as flops after they left Holland.

Huntelaar's never really got a settled run in any team outside of Holland, though.

Very true, Cappa. His problem at Milan has been trying to push Borriello out the team which isn't going to happen. He's expected to start tomorrow though with Pato just back from injury.

I'd like to see more of Alejandro Dominguez so I hope he is in the Argentina squad. Only played 4 games since he signed for Valencia in December so it's a long shot but he was the best player on the pitch when Rubin Kazan played Inter in the CL group stages. Went past Lucio and Samuel like they weren't there for Rubin's goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkABCBIEzU

Messi will flop spectacularly at the world cup, mark my words. He never does it for Argentina, especially under Diego's style of play :sherlock:

If France take Menez he will be an interesting proposition, but Domenech is such a fool he'll probably use the space to convice Lizarazu to come out of retirement :sherlock:

Altidore might shake up England a bit in the group stage :sherlock: