Rangers and Norn Iron do they want us

It is a legitimate question when sellick embrace their irishness, rangers (granted have no Irish background asuch) seem to shy away from ulsterscots heritage. The proof in the pudding being when the rangers news airbrushed out the ulster flag from a supporters photoshoot

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres something like 8000 travel over each week from NI to see the gers not sure how accurate this figure but it does show a strong bond betweeen ulster and our club.We also differ in the type of relationship we have when compared to celtics with ireland ,You see celtic see themselves as irsih despite being a scottihs club claim to love the old country despite this they are dillusional in this persumption they are loved by the irish in fact they are pretty much despised as they give ireland a bad reputation.Where as Rangers being a scottish clubs mereley recognise our strong bond with ulster and this has becomed ingrained in the club through our british heritage we have had some great players frrom ulster so long live hands across the water to our ulster bretheren

theres something like 8000 travel over each week from NI to see the gers not sure how accurate this figure but it does show a strong bond betweeen ulster and our club.We also differ in the type of relationship we have when compared to celtics with ireland ,You see celtic see themselves as irsih despite being a scottihs club claim to love the old country despite this they are dillusional in this persumption they are loved by the irish in fact they are pretty much despised as they give ireland a bad reputation.Where as Rangers being a scottish clubs mereley recognise our strong bond with ulster and this has becomed ingrained in the club through our british heritage we have had some great players frrom ulster so long live hands across the water to our ulster bretheren

8000 every week?? I'd lay off whatever you're smoking mate

im sure i read in article somewhere that is a rough figure although im not 100% sure might be getting numbers crossed however bears from NI take a large contingent to the brox

There are plenty on RM and elsewhere who would love to see and end to the Ulster connection and no shortage of those who would willingly, but dishonestly, deny there is any relationship at all between Rangers and the good folks of Ulster. This is revisionist nonsense of course and says much about the nature of people who (at best) are so easily embarrassed by their own. Insomuch as the supporters define the club as much as half a dozen suits who sit in the boardroom (or in the United States), the ties between Rangers and loyalist Ulster are long and continuing, an important and undeniable part of this club's heritage and something to treasure with pride.

our association with northern ireland should be as strong as ever and never subside ffs.....

dont believe we are even discussing this tbh....they have every right to support US ,their history has secured at least that much...ffs we sing about said history every fuckin week .....NO SURRENDER GUYS ....YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME....

whoever thinks otherwise ,take a right good look at yourselves...an end to the ulster connection...FUCKING NEVER...

im sure i read in article somewhere that is a rough figure although im not 100% sure might be getting numbers crossed however bears from NI take a large contingent to the brox

think you have put an extra zero in there, i dont think theres even 1000 most weeks. Not as many go as when i first started to but then finances are tight for most people and it doesnt help that stena are screwing people about and putting the slow boats on and making a long journey even longer. I am up after 5 and dont get back to 10.30 at night( or after 11 as it was last time as the boat was late)with around 10hours of travelling in one day. Not many people willing to do that kind of journey every week.

think you have put an extra zero in there, i dont think theres even 1000 most weeks. Not as many go as when i first started to but then finances are tight for most people and it doesnt help that stena are screwing people about and putting the slow boats on and making a long journey even longer. I am up after 5 and dont get back to 10.30 at night( or after 11 as it was last time as the boat was late)with around 10hours of travelling in one day. Not many people willing to do that kind of journey every week.

Also the fact Stena seemed to have hiked their prices up recently.

Also the fact Stena seemed to have hiked their prices up recently.

aye slowed the boat way down to save fuel AND put prices up. Money grabbing tossers. The whole point of the new terminal was to knock 20mins off the journey yet they have slowed it down that much its actually taking 20mins longer than it used to from the old one.

It is a legitimate question when sellick embrace their irishness, rangers (granted have no Irish background asuch) seem to shy away from ulsterscots heritage. The proof in the pudding being when the rangers news airbrushed out the ulster flag from a supporters photoshoot

Now in all seriousness, most of the Rangers support are Northern Irish even most of the ones from Scotland have Ulster roots too, you can't break tradition.

Now why are you even starting a thread on this subject you should have no doughts that our scottish brethern are there and will always be there as long as we exsist.

And as for 8000 going to Ibrox every week from Ulster, i did read that myself somewhere but since the recession it has droped alot, but to be truthful the Ulster support if it wanted too would full Ibrox a thousand times over if it came to it so theres no dought in my mind. (tu) NO SURRENDER

Now in all seriousness, most of the Rangers support are Northern Irish even most of the ones from Scotland have Ulster roots too, you can't break tradition.

Now why are you even starting a thread on this subject you should have no doughts that our scottish brethern are there and will always be there as long as we exsist.

And as for 8000 going to Ibrox every week from Ulster, i did read that myself somewhere but since the recession it has droped alot, but to be truthful the Ulster support if it wanted too would full Ibrox a thousand times over if it came to it so theres no dought in my mind. (tu) NO SURRENDER

The thing in bold is a pretty fucked up statement.

The thing in bold is a pretty fucked up statement.

What's wrong with it.?