Levein the BBC pundit

outlaw69uk

He is not a bad manager, but surely Rangers will have better choices than him.

Am sure, all I was saying is I felt I saw a change in him, personality wise, and, further down the line, perhaps. He has always been a "NO FUCKING WAY", for me, but, thats now mellowed to a "hmmmm?" :lol:

The Scotland manager should not have a beard like that.

Would you see Walter Smith, SAF, Arsene Wenger... presenting themsleves like that on live TV?

maybe he's just realised what he has taken on by becoming Scotland boss and he's having a breakdown as a result :craphead:

:lol:

If he puts a razor that close to his throat he might struggle to fight the urge of slicing himself...

It's fair to say the Scotland squad will be the most talented group of players he's managed. If he can get something out of this Euro campaign, which would require consistency and good performances against the Spanish then yes maybe he is good enough to manage us. Time will tell how good he really is.

He's not done anything since leaving Dundee United, and even then, he was nowhere near being good enough for the Rangers job.

With the players Scotland have, and the group they have been drawn in, they should be qualifying for the Euro's.

He's a good manager. His teams are always organised and hard to beat. Don't think he will be leaving the Scotland job for a good few years, he's gone in with a plan to change scottish football at its roots

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I like Levein, not so much as a manager, but as a person.

He comes across as a decent guy.

Behind closed doors, not out in public. Wilson at 18years old is a outstanding "prospect" and that should always be the line used.

Would you ever here Sir Alex or Walter use that kind of line and bring the boy down in public...

Levien hasn't impressed me one bit.

If he's good enough then he's old enough ... to be criticised. Wilson struggled against Mehmet and Higdon, so I think Levein was correct in his assessment. Clearly it wasn't some sustained character assassination.

That said, Levein can still be an obnoxious prick!

Yesterday was the first time I have seen him commenting on a game and he was much better than the usual commentators. He definitely made a lot more sense than that idiot Pat Nevin. I was disappointed that the half time talk featured the Scotland game rather than showing some of the crowd and atmosphere at Hampden.

To have the Scotland Manager in the studio and not ask about our (Scotland) win at Hampden would have been silly.

Always thought he is a decent manager.

But I lost a lot of respect I had for him when he ran to the rags after a few poor decisions. Reminds me of Neil Warnock and I fucking hate that moaning cunt.

Nobody likes to get beat and that is a good thing...But when it happens, suffer it with dignity.

Maybe my expectations are too high now. I don't think I will ever see a better manager at Rangers in my lifetime now than Walter Smith. Respectable, Fair-minded, Champion and most of all, a True Ger.

You are a tough one JJ.

One minute you're saying that we should be looking at Joe Cole-level players, then you're saying that they should be managed by someone who has only taken charge of Hearts, Dundee United, Cowdenbeath, Leicester and Raith Rovers, while totally unproven at Scotland.

Didn't see this... But Levein impressed me for one reason. He stuck up for his club and players. ok, he wsa a bit of a dickhead -- but he was trying to take on the OF and so on. So he needed to be noticed.

His sides always played well against us. Let's see how he pans out with the National side before any talk of becoming The Rangers manager. At the moment however, no f*cking way is he close to being qualified to take over. That said, I'd take him over Ally in heartbeat. Ally doesn't fill me with confidence. He's (Ally) right where he should be imho.

I'd also take Craig Levein ahead of Ally McCoist. That's how much I don't want to see McCoist incharge. He's a first team coach or assistant manager at best. He's doing a good enough job in the role he's in at the moment, and should Walter Smith leave, then so should McCoist, McDowall and Durrant, unless the new manager wants to keep them on in the same capacity.

Craig Levein, Peter Houston and Paul Hegarty... no thanks!

You are a tough one JJ.

One minute you're saying that we should be looking at Joe Cole-level players, then you're saying that they should be managed by someone who has only taken charge of Hearts, Dundee United, Cowdenbeath, Leicester and Raith Rovers, while totally unproven at Scotland.

:lol: I like to mix it up a bit

Although seriously, All I said was, my estimation of him went up a bit after seeing him on the tele, and, rather than not wanting him anywhere near us, somewhere in the future I wouldnt be so dead against it as I was/am ;)

He's not done anything since leaving Dundee United, and even then, he was nowhere near being good enough for the Rangers job.

With the players Scotland have, and the group they have been drawn in, they should be qualifying for the Euro's.

:lol: He's only had one game, Muff. And...he won that. Can't do any more i think...

I think he's a good manager, he gets his teams playing some decent football. Got a good result against the czechs but never really had us playing any good football.

Maybe further down the line he would be a good appointment but he's not done enough imo so far to merit consideration for the Rangers job when Smith decides to step down.