Lee McCulloch

I used to hate McCulloch but I think he's been our star man this season along with Davis. He's solid, he's committed, he clearly loves playing for us and he will always play his heart out. I'd have him over the inconsistent and unreliable Kevin Thomson any day.

agree hes always the whipping boy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At his very, very best he has just about reached the level of an average spl midfielder. He's cumbersome, plodding and nowhere near quick enough or agile enough to get close to opposition midfielders.

An utter embarrassment that people on here talk him up as a candidate for player of the year.

An utter disgrace that the wise old sage of scottish football walter smith picks this mouthpiece ahead of edu or davis in cm.

:clap::clap:

Thomson was only on the bench because he is suspended for the Sheep game and it made more sense giving Edu soem game time.

But McCulloch should find himself on the bench from now on. Get Davis in the middle beside Edu or Thomson.

i love all the 'huge fans of thommo' who keep on slating him! :rolleyes:

lee's not as bad as some people are making out, he's nothing amazingly special but hasn't made ot many mistakes and does a pretty decent job but i think the thing with thomson is that he still puts it a great workrate in midfield every game it's just that he has games, like the old firm and hibs clashes this year, where he really shows the player that's slowly coming to the surface, part of his problem is that his tackles not only get him pulled up for bookings and reds but they get himself injured a lot too so it's not that he's injury prone physically, there's nothing re-uccuring (his second knee injury was on a different knee to the first) it's just that the way he plays gets him hurt.

i'm a 'huge fan of thommo' :h34rt: and i think if we're playing edu who has shone in the chances he's had this season then the better and more up and coming player, i.e. thomson should get the start alongside him because, although mcculloch's probably been more consistant, thomson can make the biggest impact in a game if playing to his full strength and still isn't (usually) a liability if not.

Big Lee is far better when paired with Davis in the middle, he acts as the hatchet man while Steve pulls the strings. I would have him over Thomson all day long. Although if i were picking the team it'd be a central pairing of Edu and Davis. I reckon Watty doesn't trust the American though.

It seems that you're not allowed to slate a player for a poor game on here sometimes.

He had a decent spell earlier in the year, so does that mean that we should just ignore this three/four game run where he's been abject?

Can we not judge players on a game to game basis?

It seems that you're not allowed to slate a player for a poor game on here sometimes.

He had a decent spell earlier in the year, so does that mean that we should just ignore this three/four game run where he's been abject?

Can we not judge players on a game to game basis?

Not if there name is Kris Boyd, Majhid Bougherra or Kevin Thomson,

Big Lee has been one of our better players this year but 70% of posters would tell you he's absolute shite.

It's more a case of people sick of the unfair abuse rather than the judging.

The team needs guys like lee mculloch. Edu or Thompson aren't up to doing the dirty work.

Edu certainly isnt - Thomson is when fit:

Whats funny is when folk critisise Lee for hard tackles - we used to love midfileders who had the mentality of 'They shall not pass' and 'Putting his foot in' Lee is not scared t do that - others mince about !

The team needs guys like lee mculloch. Edu or Thompson aren't up to doing the dirty work.

Whats funny is when folk critisise Lee for hard tackles - we used to love midfileders who had the mentality of 'They shall not pass' and 'Putting his foot in' Lee is not scared t do that - others mince about !

That's weird, I keep hearing that Thommo is our 'dirtiest' player!

That's weird, I keep hearing that Thommo is our 'dirtiest' player!

laugh.gif and I hear its McCulloch BUT given the sendings off I think Thommo wins it!! Anyway Lee or Thomson can put tackles in - something that is missing from Edus game at the moment - he could do with a bit of steel!

Like players who can put their foot and win the ball. McCulloch is more intent on giving away needless fouls and standing about the midfield area with his arms out pointing at everyone. The man is not good enough. Yes he has had a good season by his standards when everyone is fit he should be well down the pecking order

Thomson get's slated for hard tackling. Half the time McCulloch just fouls, and picks up a booking.