***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

If coop and fog are happy with a point to a side that made 6 changes and went down to 10 men there is something wrong. Thank fuk Celtic are shite.

Oh and ur pattter is gash troops.

is that aimed at me ? :lol::rolleyes:

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do know why we were surprised with the split fixtures the sfa are always the fuckin same with rangers the dirty tattie houkin bastards dont want the rangers tae win fuckall try to make it as hard for us as possible we always end up way the short straw get intae them aw RANGERS scummy bastards WE ARE THE PEOPLE :beer1::uk:

If coop and FOG are happy with a point to a side that made 6 changes and went down to 10 men there is something wrong. Thank fuk Celtic are shite.

:lol::blush:

If coop and fog are happy with a point to a side that made 6 changes and went down to 10 men there is something wrong. Thank fuk Celtic are shite.

And you're the font of all footballing knowledge eh?? Why don't you just go back & pick your toys up mate.

Why shouldn't I be happy that we're one step closer to winning the league! Utd have been our biggest nemesis this season. We hit the post....just a few cm's away from winning the game.

You da man!!!! :wink: Away & dribble into yer weetabix!!!

I could understand him saying my patter is pish mate....it is. But you????

he's taken that too far!

Going down to 10 men doesnt make it any harder for them to defend, and doesnt make it any easier for us to score ... yes it makes our attacks more constant but all they did was drop one more player back and play the same defensively. Going to 10 men does affect teams attacking wise, really not so much defensively.

In summary, i think your point about 10 men is pish and not very relevant :/ :)

Going down to 10 men doesnt make it any harder for them to defend, and doesnt make it any easier for us to score ... yes it makes our attacks more constant but all they did was drop one more player back and play the same defensively. Going to 10 men does affect teams attacking wise, really not so much defensively.

In summary, i think your point about 10 men is pish and not very relevant :/ :)

Terrible performance once again. Who had the time off, Dundee United or Rangers?

McCulloch, Naismith, Lafferty, Edu, Miller... a waste of a jersey tonight.

No-one bar Steven Davis willing to take responsibility, he can't do it all, players have to help out.

It seems the team do not know the meaning of pass and shoot, fcuking woeful!

Lets put some perspective on the matter here and highlight the facts.

Its probably a decent point considering our shortcomings and Utd's current form.

It does have to be said though that the standard of our performance was awful.

Naismith's touch and composure is as bad as Iv'e seen from a Rangers player.

All in all its been a tough and successful season from our lads and hopefully the good work in the first 3 quarters of the season will compensate for our current performances and get us over the finishing line.

The lack of creativity, pace, composure and fluency in the side at the moment is startling and must be addressed big time in the summer. Im so grateful and appreciative of WS and his methods in getting us to where we are now but we now need to evolve and improve the standard and style of football we employ.

Beat Hearts and that gives us 4 games to get the win we need to retain the title, that's an encouraging position and one we'd all have taken at the start of the season.

One thing that I'm most encouraged by is that due to this seasons accomplishments we surely must be in a better position entering next seasons campaign than entering this one? Overall I'm surprised and ecstatic with the way this season has panned out for us and RAceltic but even so I hope we can do some transfer business in the summer and freshen up the footballing ethos for next season.

Its certainly better only having to criticise individual performances than whole season's.... (tu)

a point was ok tonight ... united are having a good season and if septic don't win on saturday we can still win the league against hearts at ibrox (tu)

Don't think they will beat HIV but still we should be finishing this off.

hibs won't want to loose to them in front of their own supporters ... they don't want to be the wee green team any more than hearts want to be the wee blue team :sherlock:

Lets put some perspective on the matter here and highlight the facts.

Its probably a decent point considering our shortcomings and Utd's current form.

It does have to be said though that the standard of our performance was awful.

Naismith's touch and composure is as bad as Iv'e seen from a Rangers player.

All in all its been a tough and successful season from our lads and hopefully the good work in the first 3 quarters of the season will compensate for our current performances and get us over the finishing line.

The lack of creativity, pace, composure and fluency in the side at the moment is startling and must be addressed big time in the summer. Im so grateful and appreciative of WS and his methods in getting us to where we are now but we now need to evolve and improve the standard and style of football we employ.

Beat Hearts and that gives us 4 games to get the win we need to retain the title, that's an encouraging position and one we'd all have taken at the start of the season.

One thing that I'm most encouraged by is that due to this seasons accomplishments we surely must be in a better position entering next seasons campaign than entering this one? Overall I'm surprised and ecstatic with the way this season has panned out for us and RAceltic but even so I hope we can do some transfer business in the summer and freshen up the footballing ethos for next season.

Its certainly better only having to criticise individual performances than whole season's.... (tu)

I agree with most of your post but if that was Dundee UTD's current form then fuck knows how they have been winning games, that is the worst they have played against us this season, we closed them down at every opportunity and forced them into punting the ball constantly, we should have went on wave after wave of attack but our attacks broke down when nothing happened for us in the final 3rd... I still think today was an improvement on previous performances, it was the result (and a few key player performances) that were the let down

Millers attitude over the last 3-4 games has been awful, the midfield pressing the ball is disgusting, 5 mins till the end we have one man more ans yet steven davis chasing two players with no help in the corner. I think this is the first game weve tryed to score outside the box, and our shooting was awful. Thats something inve never understood in out warmup, the shooting practice outside the box, we never fucking do it unless its spectacular.

We played the game very narrow, Davis and Naismith came inside to much, i no Davis is a natural CM But if hes being asked to stay out right it cant be hard, so many times were ineffective because of flooding the middle. Typical Novo sub came on and tried to go for glory as usual. Never looked like scoring, apart from the volley miller hit, and we talk about McGregor being a great shot stopper, that was oustanding. Far too many people are righting games off as easy wins and that just prove its far from it. We realy need to up our game and play at a faster tempo

Terrible performance once again. Who had the time off, Dundee United or Rangers?

No-one bar Steven Davis willing to take responsibility, he can't do it all, players have to help out.

You kidding on?

I felt Bougherra was even above Davis tonight.

Well done to the big man.

You kidding on?

i thought bougherra was just above average, took a while to get into his long runs, at first he kept losing the ball going foward and giving away free kicks. Miss judged a few headers. Could have gave a penalty away having his hands on top of cadamateri.

Steven Whittaker needs to learn to show the player down the line or to stand off, to many times hes diving in and is so slow in doing so hes getting passed by easily.

You kidding on?

Bougherra aswell. He was our best defender, midfielder, and winger, but we rely on Davis far too much. It's a bit like Laudrup, and the 10 in a row season. We just expect Davis to be able to pick up the ball, and create something, or pick off a defence splitting pass, whilst being able to cover every blade of grass, and run forwards, and backwards for the full 90.

He certainly deserves his summer holiday, and more!