Gordon Ramsay: I won't invest in Rangers...

RANGERS-DAFT Gordon Ramsay admits he's been put off investing in the club - because they are too successful.

The celebrity chef - who was once on the Ibrox outfit's books - yesterday claimed he'd ditched the idea of becoming a shareholder in the cash-strapped SPL championselect after this season's successes.

Ramsay was quizzed about his Rangers links at the official opening of the Crown Metropol hotel in Melbourne, where he's launched his first restaurant Down Under.

Asked if he'd considered investing, given Rangers' money worries, the canny Scot replied: "If they weren't going to win the title the price would have gone down, but now they are going to win the SPL the price is going to go up so it's not a good time."

Ramsay's last visit to Oz ended in disaster, when he bad-mouthed popular Aussie TV personality Tracy Grimshaw at Melbourne's Good Food and Wine Show.

But yesterday he was quick to praise Australian cuisine while quipping about his homeland's reputation.

Asked about Scots food, he joked: "What, deep-fried Mars bars? Keep out of Scotland if you want good food."

But he quickly added: "There are some good Scots chefs around - which is good because it keeps me on my toes."

As well as Ramsay's Maze grill, the £180million Crown Metropol boasts 658 rooms, a day spa and a rooftop bar with stunning views of the city.

The hotel is expected to attract 250,000 guests in its first year.

http://www.<No links to this website>/2010/04/22/gordon-ramsay-i-won-t-invest-in-rangers-because-they-re-too-successful-86908-22203132/

Interesting comment about the price, just wonder if was interested in the past :unsure:

He tells it like it is:

Commentator: "So, Gordon, what did you think about the game today?"

Gordon R: "Too be honest, John, I hate the fucking F*nian bastards and I'm really glad we beat them."

Commentator: "Thanks for that beautiful insight, Gordon. Back to Gary in the Studio."

Classic viewing I think.

He tells it like it is:

Commentator: "So, Gordon, what did you think about the game today?"

Gordon R: "Too be honest, John, I hate the fucking F*nian bastards and I'm really glad we beat them."

Commentator: "Thanks for that beautiful insight, Gordon. Back to Gary in the Studio."

Classic viewing I think.

:craphead:

Cant stand him, especially the way he uses The Rangers name to get himself in the media and attention every now and again. And he can shout and swear all he wants on tv, it doesnt make up for the fact he does a burds job.

If there were no cameras he wouldn't get so wide with people.

Pussy

I saw an American one where some guy from Brooklyn lost it and squared-up to him giving it 'hey, i ain't no toikey' or something.

His arse was going that night, dude never hit him tho.